Need some economic advice - '36 sandbox

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Need some economic advice - '36 sandbox

Post by SGTscuba »

Hi all. I've been away from this game for about 6 months now and have come back to play it. I thought I would play the '36 sandbox as China as a bit of a change.

It the early 50's now and I've been struggling through the game to get my economy to grow, other than by conquering large areas of land.

I used to be able to get my economy to grow naturally by increasing spending, and by producing for export. However the export market seems to just be continually collapsing so theres no point exporting, and I can't seem to really grow demand internally anymore. I'm at war with the US now but before that I still could not grow particularly much. Everytime I'd get my GDP up by so much, my social services bill would massively increase and then cause me to lose a large amount of money, my internal taxes and sales did not seem to rise anywhere near as much though.

I used to remember that by reducing exports I could drag market prices up, especially as I have dominance in production capacity in everything besides agri and oil but I cant seem to do it anymore.

Any ideas on how to get my economy to grow once I'm back at peace?

Anyway, heres my save and I am looking for some advice:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/427w07hus8xl2 ... 6.zip?dl=0
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
SixthtySixthSix
Lieutenant

Re: Need some economic advice - '36 sandbox

Post by SixthtySixthSix »

SGTscuba wrote: Dec 24 2018
I used to remember that by reducing exports I could drag market prices up, especially as I have dominance in production capacity in everything besides agri and oil but I cant seem to do it anymore.
as far as low-hanging fruit, ag is at the very base of every economy, and oil is critical to every country's manufacturing profile.

because the commodities are integrated in the distribution, the market costs are distributed to the most Basic commodity in demand.
Your mouse has moved. The system has to be updated for the changes to take effect. Restart now?

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”