Peace mechanics?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

AEWHistory
Lieutenant

Peace mechanics?

Post by AEWHistory »

I’ve been a big fan on SR2020 and I am thinking of buying SRU. However, what I have always felt was lacking in the game were mechanics for diplomacy once war has begun. Has this changed with SRU? It would be nice to be able to resolve wars with some sort of peace agreement rather than needing to conquer entire nations all of the time. After all, it is far more realistic that wars in the periods simulate here have been resolved with some sort of peace mechanic. Giving someone independence, a change in territorial integrity, etc. Only sometimes should the entire state cease to exist

Anyway, I am hoping that SRU has these mechanics. Am I in luck?

Thanks in advance for any help.
AEWHistory
Lieutenant

Re: Peace mechanics?

Post by AEWHistory »

No one eh? It seems like this board is dead, but this seems like an easy question that I cannot find an answer to. Before I posted I looked in the manual and couldn’t find anything about being able to end wars. I did a quick search as well and didn’t notice anything. So I am guessing that there are still no peace mechanics, but if someone eventually reads this (anyone who plays this game) and can answer it would be appreciated.

As an aside, if there are no ways to end wars I would have to ask why this has never been added? This seems like such an obvious area to include nuance to the game. For example, a country winning a war could make demands on the loser, but if their demands are too onerous they would risk bringing members of the international community against them. Things like that would make the game so much more interesting.....
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by Clubfoot55 »

The diplomatic methods of ending wars have not been changed in SRU.

However, I've personally noticed that the ai is a lot more likely to offer peace as opposed to SR2020 where wars would continue forever.
AEWHistory
Lieutenant

Post by AEWHistory »

It has been awhile since I have played SR2020 and I didn’t remember that the Ai even could offer peace. I played at least ten games and never saw it happen, so I didn’t think it was there (or didn’t remember). If you don’t mind, jog my memory please. Can you also offer to end the war to the ai? I honestly don’t recall anything like that in SR2020. All I can recall is that once a war starts it is to the death and winner takes all.....all of the time.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by evildari »

In my experience the computer player offers one time peace (given some arbitrary conditions) - then never.
Sure way to have peace is complete victory and police near 100%
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”