3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by number47 »

They look great! Haven't tested the latest release yet but did I miss ZTZ99 (Type 99) release or is it still "in the works"?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The ZTZ99A2 is still what I would call "mostly textured". The same is true for the Merkava IV. The last collection of units where taken from what I had that where the furthest along (that and trying to finish off requests).

Chances are they will make it next time.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Aha, ok thanks.

One more question, Kongo model you made and released a long time ago, was it the 1913 battlecruiser or the '90s destroyer?

EDIT: now I see you made both of them :lol: :lol: :lol: so it's ok, 1544 is picnum for battlecruiser
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Yes and 1662 is the DDG. There appears to be some issue with the model being used for it.

Try using this one instead if you have issues.

download link
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ok, I've run through fresh .units file from the latest 9.1.43 (I think, not sure if number correct) and applied all your additions where BG was still missing them and the only issue I found apart from minor model size variance that needs maybe little tweaking, was huge size variance with Rafale (reported long before, one 0 too much) and Type 214 sub which are noticeable too small compared to their counterparts. I'll probably fix them by my self soon and report the more appropriate sizes.

I made a cache with country having all your (Nerei made) units in reserve (edited orbat file) so I can easily compare them all and tweak the sizes but since you made so many of them, I'm reluctant to start :roll: :lol:

Oh, another question, do your "1789 Type XXI submarine" and "1550 Type A" refer to links I attached? I suspect the XXI is the one linked by I'm not sure on the Type A since there were a lot Type A units in IJN :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The type XXI is indeed that german submarine (specifically Wilhelm Bauer/U-2540). The Type A though was a planned heavy cruiser design from the 6th Naval Armaments Supplement Programme or the 6th circle program (Maru 6 Keikaku). This was a 1942 programme that was scrapped with the start of the Pacific war and little actual reference exist for the vessel. How much existed in the first place is hard to say as construction was never started and a significant part of the design papers for imperial navy vessels where lost in the war (The perfect example of that is the A-150 design).
Personally I based it on a post-war book about the ship that included illustrations.

The superstructure in this illustration has a lot in common with the Mogami class which makes sense given that the last imperial heavy cruiser design was the Ibuki class which was largely just a modified Mogami (before it was changed to an aircraft carrier that is).
It is an interesting design likely with high top speed and good firepower due to the 12 20cm 3rd year and 12 type 98 10cm dual purpose cannons. Like all Imperial navy cruisers it also has decent number of torpedo tubes. The placement of the Type 93 torpedoes in the stern hull is a bit problematic though if Chōkai is anything to go by.

Apparently it is also used in world of warships in some form but I have never played that game so all I can go from there is pictures.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have been making a proper spreadsheet for the models I have been making so far.

It should include mesh ID, default textures, regional textures, status and the like. It have also tried to mention what the model depicts (with wikipedia link when applicable). I have yet to add what zip files each model is included in.

link

Note than the incomplete models listed are not exhaustive. It is a cut version of my main design spreadsheet with irrelevant information cut.

It should also be a good place report bugs, suggestions and the like as chances that I miss it there is far lower than in this topic given that it is well over 800 replies and growing.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Most of the work on the ZTZ-99A2 is now done.
There is not that much different to see on the PRC version as the digital camouflage obscures them. It is mainly to ensure the default green vehicle is not just a green blob.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Looks great!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have not had much time to work on this so progress is limited. Still here is a preview of a vehicle that has been underway for quite some time. Nationality should be fairly hard to guess ^_-.
No fake shading yet instead it is rendered with a weak point light source (or it would be a green blob).
This model in particular is based on the B version of the ZTZ-96 unveiled in 2016 and famous amongst other for losing a road wheel during the 2016 tank biathlon.
It will get the same style of camouflage as the ZTZ-99 but that is a bit into the future still.
Together with the ZTZ-99, T-72 pretending to be a ZTZ-80/ZTZ-88 and the T-55 this should mostly cover the PLA line of MBT's
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Finally got some time to work on the Pantsir
So far I am fairly happy with how the cabin is turning out. The frame can probably be turned into something else. Removing the AA system will give a lot of space to work with.

Also first step in creating variants of the Y-8 is done. Still needs a MPA version (most likely the FQ variant not X) amongst other.
The model is not entirely accurate mostly due to KJ-200 being based on a later version than the base transport model I made.
It should however be good enough for this scale.
Chaging it further into a ZDK-3 or Y-8FQ should not be too hard. The texture map was made to support it
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

good work mate hopefully you get time to work on it further soon
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

You are doing gods work
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I still got a bit of time to dedicate to this but not much. It probably does not help that PLAGF vehicles and limited time does not go well together.

Still I have most of the details done on the ZTZ-96B
The black bits on the bustle rack will be transparent in the finished vehicle.

Most of the shading is done and this is rendered without anything other than an ambient lightsource. This is noticeable on the RWS as that is somewhat of a blob. The camouflage obscures most of it but it is quite noticeable on a mostly green vehicle (e.g. the default version).

Also a quick question. Anyone found any issues with the last set of models? I have not had the time to check them myself.
For the record the next set of models whenever that is will probably be the same style of release.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

[_]B haha only issue I found so far is the Trafalgar class submarine is rather small not sure if that's by design or a mistake nothing else as of yet but I have not fully tested

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”