Making a mid or late Cold War Sand box option

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

bob12333
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Making a mid or late Cold War Sand box option

Post by bob12333 »

Since the creators have said they don't plan on creating a later sandbox option for cold war. I was thinking of doing it myself. However, this is a big process. I would have to figure out what all the events in the csv are (like half or a third I believe aren't labeled as to what they do be it either technology, change in relations, war, coup, etc), change cvp and a bunch of other stuff i believe I would have to do. I'm willing to do it but I would prefer if I had some help on it.

So does anyone have any ideas about to what date I should make for another cold war sandbox mode - (probably will be called cold war later).

I was thinking of late 1950s, or 1960s, and 70s, 1980s alot of good stuff happens during those times. The Suez Crisis, Six Day War,Iranian Hostage Crisis, Yom Kippur war, Cuban Missile Crisis (whatever form it takes place in the game, I did find a few events - though they aren't labeled and I'm not sure how to do an event where I could have the USSR give cuba nukes or build a missile silo as they did in the actual cuban missile crisis as well as if there is an event that does that).

So who would be willing to help me. if you are shoot me a private message and we can exchange emails and I'll create a google doc with the files and stuff to make it easier.

I'm willing to do this because I really want another date for the cold war, alot of the good stuff happens later on, and I feel also as I play the game starts to get slower, even though I have it at max speed and all the other windows on my computer closed, also the major events that are suppose to happen don't happen.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Making a mid or late Cold War Sand box option

Post by Balthagor »

If you're going to mod, start by making a .scenario file that uses all the current files but has it's own cache file. Then change one file at a time and check your cache each time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:If you're going to mod, start by making a .scenario file that uses all the current files but has it's own cache file. Then change one file at a time and check your cache each time.
Alright sounds and to create its own cache I would just change the .scenario file to a .sav and put it in the cache folder? or is the process more complicated than that? I also feel like a map editor would help alot/ a way to increase the presence of unit or have another countries units in a certain area like say U.S. military units in Vietnam to represent the U.S. partaking in the Vietnam war which was from 1955-1975. I also find that whenever I play North Vietnam always gets killed so fast the Vietnam events don't happen. Why would this be the case?

Question would I also some how be able to change the cheat codes or add to them? So I could add instead of eventnow it would be event ___ (whatever event ID would be), I think that makes more sense, than Cheat event now. or change it to Cheat Event now ___ (whatever event ID should be) rather than only activating if every trigger and other requirements is fullfilled?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Cheat codes aren't customizable, they each have to be hard coded.

The map editor is only an editor of the map, not of units or anything else. That all has to be done in data files. The map editor is also not officially released so I won't be able to help with that.

In the .scenario file you need to change the name of the .sav file. Building caches is explained on the wiki.

The Vietnam war usually doesn't happen because other regions don't get involved in time. There are other threads about this already.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

Balthagor wrote:Cheat codes aren't customizable, they each have to be hard coded.

The map editor is only an editor of the map, not of units or anything else. That all has to be done in data files. The map editor is also not officially released so I won't be able to help with that.

In the .scenario file you need to change the name of the .sav file. Building caches is explained on the wiki.

The Vietnam war usually doesn't happen because other regions don't get involved in time. There are other threads about this already.
Oh okay. I was just curious because as I was going through the scripted events I found some Vietnam Events.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”