Looking for Realistic Event Timeline

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

redindus
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Looking for Realistic Event Timeline

Post by redindus »

I haven't mod this in awhile and only did the units. But not sure which tools to use it while modding. I use wordpad, didn't show it in group or in order, rather stacking up the codes and really hard to read and locate what you are looking for. Probably a bad idea using that wordpad.

Anyway I was messing with this game few times and in sandbox mode I was playing Japan. Noticed Germany kept declare war on Poland in April 1936 every time. Wanted to change that to Sept 1939 as well Japan declare on China in July 1937, etc.

So not sure if that can be done and I was hoping someone already did this to save me a lot of troubles and errors. So if no one has, can someone tell me what tools to use and what to look for?

Thank you
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Looking for Realistic Event Timeline

Post by YoMomma »

You cant change this, there were alot of complaints in the past that there were no wars besides the scripted ones, so now every1 get casus belli if you have standard settings atleast. Because of this Germany declares war way to soon and basicly all events will get corrupted. To change this you could try low or none volatility in starting options.

For modding i use winace for the most part.
Gameplay 1st
redindus
Warrant Officer

Post by redindus »

That is sad, what about the campaign 1936 road to war? I haven't tried it yet, I remember doing that campaign few years back and didn't like it. Sometimes it ask you do something stupid or reckless, so if you don't do what you been told, believe you will get a penalties for it. Not sure though.
Viper151
Warrant Officer

Post by Viper151 »

The second column in the events file is the days from start. 1440 per day so you might be able to adjust this to create your desired timeline. However I'm not sure if leap years count in this game and world volatility effects this.
Cold War Enhanced Mod: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29123
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bYvRMUP
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

You should be able to reduce the volatility at game start to limit the number of unscripted wars from starting. Then once you're far enough in where you want to turn it back up, use ctrl+shift+s to bring up the game settings. You can adjust your settings from here and I believe it will work to set the new volatility to something more dynamic. Should be what you want.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

You can do that too ofcourse, but that will come with it's own issues. If starting relations are bad , they become neutral and if they are neutral they likely become friends or allies within 5 years, so for a realistic timeline, you prolly notice small annoyances. Long live 2020, well only 1.5 years.

And that's only relations, obviously you want Japan to use their full military, and since artillery rarely get send using merchant marines, theres that, small issue but obviously with huge consuquences. Or no infantry build to embark offshore so it will be hard for them to conquer a garrisoned city with merchant marines. Then there are prolly a thousand more, so yeah good luck with that.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”