Wondering about regions.

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Vrnjci
Private
Human: Yes

Wondering about regions.

Post by Vrnjci »

I just bought this game several days ago, and am already loving it, but there is a big thing irking me. Each nation seems to be counted as a "region", and so when you go to war with them you can only take the region, meaning full annexation. There is no capacity for territorial adjustments that way. For example, Bulgaria couldn't just take Vardar Macedonia from Yugoslavia in a war. They'd instead be forced to annex all of Yugoslavia, or take nothing. My initial thought was just to allow picking and choosing of cities, towns and such at the end of the war, but that seems like it would be difficult/impossible to mod. So, perhaps it would be possible to do it through events?

Basically, my question is, could you mod the game such that minor territorial adjustments are possible, short of full annexation? Thanks.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Wondering about regions.

Post by YoMomma »

Well you are just asking if it is possible, the answer is yes.

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Events

Event 43 or 44. Thing is you have to know before hand because you cant mod events in save files. So you also talking about giving the right time, conditional test if hexes is owned by you, etc. It's not easy to use it for stuff like that.
Gameplay 1st
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

You can also just take territory, but not take over the whole country. Instead, just hold the line where you want to keep, and sue for peace.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

That's not always super easy to do, but is definitely the best option for what you're talking about. Getting them to make peace without pushing further and taking more is another matter however.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Just hold the line with some units. I do this all the time to make borders look "nice". My usual stack for "holding the line" is 5 elite foot infantry, 5 arty, 5 AT guns, and maybe some heavy tanks. put that on each hex that you want to hold. backed up from missiles or long-range/mlrs a few hexes behind. If' it's a country like serbia that doesnt have a human wave to spam you with, you should be able to hold the line until your bribes make them like you enough to accept a peace.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”