2020 Always Finland

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

adamc6
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

2020 Always Finland

Post by adamc6 »

When I start a 2020 sandbox game, no matter what nation I choose to play, the game is always starting as Finland.

I added Zuikaku's mod, and also the 1991 CW mod.....so am guessing something went wrong?

Does not happen in 1936 sandbox, 1949 sandbox, just everything from 2017 onward.

Thanks for some help.
Jopo
Captain

Re: 2020 Always Finland

Post by Jopo »

Hehe, that is a strange bug indeed! :-D

I must comment however that as smaller nations go, Finland does offer an interesting set of challenges for any strategist I might guess. A small nation with lots of empty land but few people, so lack of workers and manpower are major issues in SR Ultimate games.
Then there´s the ever present threat of being eaten for lunch by the Bear in the east, something they simply can do in any situation if they wish and even more so if other great powers turn a blind eye or are occupied elsewhere.
In WW-2 and Cold War scenarios you´ll pretty much be doing what FInns historically did, walking the diplomatic tightrope between East and West and hoping that you´re not ground to dust when the giants go at it.
However if you choose your allies and timing carefully and build your forces enough, who knows, maybe Helsinki one day will be the seat of power for the Supreme Ruler, but I´d say it´s a very long road to world supremacy from the shores of the Baltic. :-D

Anyway, hope you get your bug sorted out quickly, cheers! :-)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Does it work with the mods turned off? Does it work with only one of the mods turned on? Try and narrow down which mod is not playing nicely with others.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
adamc6
Warrant Officer

Post by adamc6 »

Jopo: Sure, I love the Finns, but variety is the "spice of life", right? :lol:

Leaf: Trying all that now -- might just reinstall -- I'm sure the mistake is mine, was just hoping someone else knew a quick workaround.

thanks.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Dont think Zuikaku mod is the cause since i use that too with tons of mods of my own. Zuikaku is a unit mod and doesnt alter loading of regions.

So i guess it is CW '91 if no one else got this issue. To fix it you could copy all the game files, install that mod and your good to go to play both (after you got a fresh vanilla install)
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”