Supreme Ruler Modding - Start Here

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Buzzbrad
General
Human: Yes

Supreme Ruler Modding - Start Here

Post by Buzzbrad »

I am happy to announce we have finally released our modding tools to the public. As of today, we have released the Map Editor and Content Editor.

Both can be found under the tools section of your Steam library. The map editor is called "Map Editor" (We are going to change this soon to specify Supreme Ruler). The content editor is called "Supreme Ruler - Content Editor".

The map editor can be used to edit existing maps or create brand new maps. Documentation for it can be found here: https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Map_editor

The content editor can be used to create new scenarios and edit data files (such as events, equipment list, tech tree and much more). It comes in the form of two tools. One for creating and editing scenarios, and one for editing data files. Documentation for them can be found here:
https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Scenario_Creator
https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Asset_Manager

We hope you enjoy these mod tools and can't wait to see what you make!

Feel free to join us on our discord where we have a dedicated channel to discuss modding with your fellow modders!
https://discordapp.com/invite/battlegoat

Brad
The BattleGoat Team
Fistalis
General

Re: Supreme Ruler Modding - Start Here

Post by Fistalis »

Good stuff.. maybe i can dive back into modding if it's not so time consuming. Thanks Guys Look forward to seeing what everyone creates with these. :D

As a side note I'm taking the release of these as a sign that the SR series has come to a full close.. at least for the current engine since I imagine these are the polished versions of the in house editing tools we've heard so much about.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Fistalis wrote: Aug 04 2018 Good stuff.. maybe i can dive back into modding if it's not so time consuming. Thanks Guys Look forward to seeing what everyone creates with these. :D

As a side note I'm taking the release of these as a sign that the SR series has come to a full close.. at least for the current engine since I imagine these are the polished versions of the in house editing tools we've heard so much about.
Fistalis! My favorite modder ever. :D I had just mentioned you in the discord a few days ago actually. I'm glad to hear you're considering jumping back into it. :) I agree it's a pretty exciting time to see what people will create as it makes it more accessible than ever.

As for the conclusions you're drawing from this, I'm actually thinking the opposite. They went from a super small unit barely employing a couple people, to having somewhere close to double digits for people actively involved in the development process right now. They've announced that a new project is in the works, and I feel like the only way to explain all their current work is that their new project is going to be working from it. There's no other way they could devote so much time and energy into these projects without taking away from the new one, so they must be synergistic. My best guess at this point is that the futuristic nature of 2020 has kind of faded by this point, and it just makes sense that they'd want to push it forward 10-30 years in order to achieve that once again. But all these new mod tools are basically a combination of a few things in my eyes. One, it gives everyone working on the project time to get familiar with the engine, 2 it gives them tools to better work within the engine, and 3, they've embraced the idea that modding is the future of gaming and what makes good games great. By releasing those tools to modders, it opens the door to breathe so much life into their existing and upcoming projects both, and it simply makes a lot of sense from my point of view. I don't think we're anywhere close to SR development coming to a close. But I mean, that's just my personal perception for things. lol
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Bad data. I can not open deafault.unit file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Castellani
Corporal

Post by Castellani »

I seem to be the only one unable to reproduce that particular problem, which is unfortunate given that I have to fix it. It's enough to make me miss the naive days of my youth - when a text file was just a text file, and encoding was something only ascii artists worried about
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

asset manager updated to 1.04, but same bug remained(can not open deafault.unit)! with the file DEFAULT.TTRX the same problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Need to take a look, must see if I get them working under Linux.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

If you find anything do let us know. I personally would not mind being able to skip windows for this series and I am fairly certain I am not alone in this.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”