1000 hours played celebratory AAR! Nasser's Dream

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

1000 hours played celebratory AAR! Nasser's Dream

Post by Cdiplayer »

To celebrate 1000 hours of playing Supreme Ruler I have decided to start a new playthrough as the very first country I ever played as, Egypt. In my original 2020 campaign I conquered the majority of the middle east, all of Central Asia, Turkey, the Caucuses, Iran, and Afghanistan and was in a two front war with Algeria in the West and Pakistan and India in the East. The only middle eastern country I hadn't conquered was Jordan, which had become hyper militarized in an effort to prevent me from doing so. I had conquered most of Pakistan and was advancing into India when I suddenly ran into the Indian army and my forces were halted almost immediately. I then settled into a ten year long stalemate because at this point the only units I was bothering to build were light infantry and B-52s. I made it all the way to 2065 before giving up. Anyway, fast forward to 1000 hours of Supreme Ruler experience later and I am ready to take on this challenge once more!
The year is 2020 and the middle east is in chaos. Egypt is one of the few nations in the region that is not plagued by civil war and political upheaval. In the spring of that year the Egyptian leadership decides to take action and restore order to the region. In early May the Egyptian President gives a speech in which he reveals that he has received a plea for assistance from nearby Libya. The President decides that force must be used to restore the rightful government to power in Libya. Egyptian troops cross the Libyan border and easily take the eastern portion of the country.
Over the summer Egyptian forces sweep across Libya and by August have laid siege to the capital of Tripoli.
In early September Tripoli falls and Egyptian forces march into the capital to restore the rightful Libyan government. The New National Assembly of the Libyan People's Republic votes unanimously for a union with Egypt. On September 7th 2020 the United Arab Republic is proclaimed while renegade Libyans proclaim a new government based out of Sabha in the south.
The following day UAR President Fareed Underwood politely asks Tunisia for permission to use Tunisia's southernmost highway to make transit of Egyptian troops to southern Libya quicker. After Tunisia declines the UAR President receives word that a band of patriots in southern Tunisia have asked for assistance from the UAR in liberating their country from the oppressive government in Tunis. The UAR responds by sending troops into southern Tunisia.
One week later the renegades in Sabha surrender and peace is restored to Libya.
After a week of preparations the UAR army begins offensive operations against Tunisia.
Within 2 weeks Tunisian defenses are shattered and UAR troops are marching towards Tunis.
By mid October the Tunisian renegade government has surrendered and been replaced by the New Tunisian People's Assembly that votes for association with the UAR. Full union is delayed until the UAR is strong enough to fight back against imperialist powers that may seek to prevent the merger. The UAR then turns its gaze towards the Arabian peninsula and other nations which are currently mired in chaos, such as Yemen.
Legendary2K2005
Corporal

Re: 1000 hours played celebratory AAR! Nasser's Dream

Post by Legendary2K2005 »

Woo, action on the forums! Good luck with the AAR!
Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer

Post by Clubfoot55 »

Seems to me that this is "slightly" biased in favor of the UAR :wink:

People 'vote' unanimously for Union. :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

After a few months of buildup UAR President Underwood decides to return order to the terrorist haven that is Yemen.
UAR forces advance quickly during the initial offensive and are then pushed back by reinforcements streaming into Yemen from Iraq. President Underwood vows to wipe out the Iraqi renegade regime and liberate the people after order and freedom have been restored to Yemen.
President Underwood orders another offensive to crush all resistance and take the Yemeni capital.
After an epic struggle the renegade terrorist regime in Yemen is finally defeated and the New Yemeni People's Assembly votes unanimously for full union with the UAR. President Underwood then orders the beginning of a large scale build up to increase the army's readiness for war with the renegade regimes that surround the UAR. 3 years later a squadron of fighters streaks across the southern border of the UAR. This is astutely recognized by our beloved President as the beginnings of an invasion and subversion of the glorious Union by by the renegade regime of Sudan.
Image With the aid of the UAR's faithful ally Chad the UAR Army moves in to liberate the Sudanese people. In less than a month UAR forces have advanced to Sudan's capital.
The siege begins in earnest once both major UAR liberation armies link up outside the capital.
The capital is encircled by UAR forces who begin the final offensive to liberate the Sudanese people.
A few weeks later the capital is finally liberated and almost immediately after the newly formed Sudanese People's Liberation Assembly votes unanimously for full union with the UAR the militarist, renegade regime of Ethiopia violates the sacred airspace of the UAR. President Underwood orders an immediate invasion in response to this unchecked aggression. One day later an Eritrean spy is discovered on UAR soil, President Underwood vows to destroy the Eritrean false state and liberate the people by ordering an invasion to be launched that very day.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

Good stuff! I loved playing Egypt.

Good luck! I can't wait to see how this one unfolds for you.
jomni
Warrant Officer

Post by jomni »

Just curious, who are your friends and how's your economy?
Pretty sure your actions are pissing off the other countries... Or you just don't care.

Return to “After Action Reports”