Kim Jong Leaf pushes the button

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Kim Jong Leaf pushes the button

Post by Leafgreen »

JANUARY

My tax rate hit 90.1%, time for me to step in and micro manage. I can cover my industrial goods use, all goods use (except uranium of course) and unchecked minister commands to sell excess raw goods, military goods, consumer goods, increase domestic prices, etc. I locked minister out of tax rate. I lowered Training and Maintenance plus Social Spending (love how that one creeps up and up thanks to the minister) and then lowered taxes down to 80%.

I had a surplus of cash.
A week later I lowered taxes to 70%.
I still had a surplus of cash every day.
I'm going to shoot those ministers.
I know the more money the unimportant North Korean peons have, the more they will buy - so the more the industries will have to produce. But if I didn't need such a crippling tax rate to generate cash why didn't it go back down? I'll leave it at 70% for a month and see where the consumer demand levels off at.

January 6

France declares war on Saint Lucia

January 14

Sierra Leone declares war on Mauritius

January 23

France declares war on Portugal

January 24

South Africa and Madagascar sign a ceasefire

January 25

Spain returns

I have a theory on why Russia keeps coming back... they have special Dev Loving. I have held these cities for a week and it doesn't matter, Russia keeps taking the land around them. With the closest Russian supply so very very far away and my supply so very very close it should be no contest. But I have to make strings of units to keep Russia from isolating my cities.

Took my destroyers forever to get there (2 got lost, 2 never moved) to give AA support for the attack, but finally was able to land my units with support. And glad I waited because France got a little mad. I also have 2 REAL transports that can ship units to take the derricks if my DDG can't just destroy them. And 3 boomers off the coast of Egypt ready to reload Serbs for a new strike.

Now that both forces have landed, time to start both of them moving. Is this going to hurt France? Not really. But I get a foothold there and take the Suez Canal. I know how to hurt France - destroy all their power production, I just don't have the nukes for that yet. Making 50 Serb at a time now.

Seems a lot of my time is spent responding to these. But you have to look at them, Murphy's Law states that the one time you do not you will be overrun.

I have lowered taxes to 60%, turned Research back on and still making a profit each day. Sometimes it takes a while for the full effects to be shown so i'll hold at 60% all of next month. But i'm making a profit now so I can't see that it matters terribly.

French war data by month in a spreadsheet
Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 15 2016, edited 1 time in total.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

FEBRUARY

February 2

Sierra Leone declares war on Guinea-Bissau

February 9

Guinea-Bissau dies

February 11

Sierra Leone declares war on Liberia
France and Ireland sign a ceasefire

February 17

South Africa kills Benin

February 22

Liberia dies

February 23

Sierra Leone declares war on Cape Verde

Quiet month. Gobbling up Egypt and Saudi Arabia slowly, taking the oil fields and derricks. I have more Serb and hitting southern Europe wherever I see an industrial complex of 4 or more, or a city with goods/power inside it.

If I could do trading with anyone except Russia/China/Iran/my colonies I would happily send Spain a ton of units. But they have not been squashed yet, maybe they have a chance.

Columbia is still doing very well in South America but that is low supply area close to the Columbian border. I don't really expect them to hurt Brazil much.

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

MARCH

March 11

Sierra Leone declares war on Seenegal

March 18

Sierra Leone declares war on Algeria

March 19

I kill Azerbaijan

March 26

France declares war on Tanzaniai

March 28

Oman returns

I was introduced to Rimworld and got addicted to that for 2 weeks. India looks ready to set free as a colony, then back to the original plan and nuke the low supply area west of India so it's a dead zone. France is hammering me in the middle east with their air force, that attack is bogging down. Northern asia is just trying to keep Russian influence from taking over land and moving those units forward (badly, they are getting almost no attention) every few days.

After a year of fighting I have destroyed most of their ground forces, have not seen their missiles or ships, the air force is still moderately strong, but their economy is back on track and they are now free to build a newer stronger military. Meanwhile my empire is so bloated it's difficult to manage. Aren't I a nice guy to do that for them?

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

April 2

Colombia declares war on Peru

April 6

Sierra Leone kills Senegal

April 11

I declare war on India
Madagascar declares war on Gambia

April 12

France and Antigua sign a ceasefire
I turn India into a colony

April 18

Sierra Leone declares war on Gambia

India is a mess, they will need a year to rebuild everything I think. First their war with Pakistan, then China, then France, then me.. they are hurting. Coal plants first and Agriculture, sent them a massive care package and feeding them more industrial supplies/cash every few days.

Egypt is mine and Tanzania is on the southern border with a mass of artillery wondering what to do now that they can't push north. Meanwhile Oman is being a pain and retaking their original land and pushing me out with supply somehow, isolating the cities I hold there. They'll have to die soon.

Repairing Egypt has broken my bank, in the red most days now. They'll become a colony someday but I think it will take at least six months for things to calm down in that area/repairs finished/military complexes scrapped/units made to give them/India gets their stuff together.

April 29

UK declares war on Norway

April 30

J declare war on Oman

May 1

I kill Oman

May 8

South Africa and Madagascar ceasefire falls apart

May 20

Sudan returns

May 27

Tanzania kills Sudan
South Africa and Cape Verde ceasefire falls apart

June 3

South Africa and Sierra Leone ceasefire falls apart

June 13

South Africa and Sao Tome ceasefire falls apart

June 20

Gambia dies

Middle East, or at least what I want of it for now, is mostly wrapped up. I now share a border with the little warmongers Tanzania (western Egypt) and Algeria (southern Egypt) but all I have seen of their units are towed artillery. The area not controlled by me is nothing but empty land.

I have been stripping units from areas no longer hot. While I don't want Europe I also know France will never give up and be a constant little pain until I take over Europe even though they are still in 16 wars. That little task force sitting in the ocean east of Oman is ready to start moving.

While sending spies to scout a good landing area I noticed that Portugal is alive! Not sure if they have been alive this entire time or not. The reason I didn't notice before is both France and Portugal have the same map ownership color. But I don't think they will hold out long, Lisbon is about to be overrun.

June 21

Norway declares war on Spain

June 24

France kills Portugal

June 25

Tanzania and Madagascar sign a ceasefire

June 28

South Africa and Mauritius ceasefire falls apart

July 4

Sierra Leone declares war on Sao Tome

Task Force is moving now. Just AA and Supply sitting in Spain that I can see, plus that pesky large group of mortars in western France. 3 subs full of nukes riding shotgun just because, and 1300 ground units that will land at Barcelona. I'll push west to form a line, then south to take over all of Spain and Portugal. I'll need a big parking lot to sort out the line units from the support units.

July 13

South Africa declares war on Algeria

July 19

Colombia declares war on Ecuador

Bad move for Colombia. It may seem they are slowly winning against Brazil but that is only because Brazil is mopping up the rest of South America. Then all those forces will turn north...

French subs were hiding along the northern coast of Egypt, sneaky buggers sank 3 Typhoons (too old I guess, couldn't even spot them) and around 35 transports before I could get my destroyers there to hunt them down. Meanwhile, the FS Garibaldi tries to pass through the Suez Canal alone...

July 26

France and Dominica sign a ceasefire

July 29

Sierra Leone declares war on Comoros

I knew this wouldn't be a cakewalk but those pesky French mortars are putting up a real fight. It's by accident but they are not going to be easy to fight. I can see a human using the strategy they are lucking into.

[/img]

The good points are i'm badly hurting their air force sent into the area, and I have had almost no losses. The bad points... my artillery can't fire fast enough (low combat time) to do much good and it is their home ground. 50 mortars run up 2 tiles away from my units and start to fire, naturally I have to respond so I send troops at them. Note the red out of supply triangles on pretty much all my units.

My troops must first take out the garrisons and cities to get TO the mortars but now they have no supply. So I have to send another force to hit the mortars. Meanwhile another 50 are hitting me on this side, 20 on that side, and a steady stream coming from that laager point. So pretty much all my units have run out of supply and I have to keep pushing forward, cute. That laager seems to have a neverending supply of mortars as well, after sending 160-180 at me plus the ones en route it looks like the same number of units sitting there as before I landed. So it's basically a delicate game of leapfrogging supplied units past the tired ones to take the new cities and another force to jump past them to hit mortars repeated over and over. At some point i'll have to stop and pull them all back before I end up with a huge front.

Oh and I nuked the suburbs of Paris down to bedrock and any barracks on or close to the path I have to take to get there.

UK is making another push, bloody good timing for an AI.

August 4

Columbia kills Ecuador

August 12

Madagascar declares war on Algeria

August 18

Norway declares war on France

I swear I destroyed the French barracks in the middle of all those mortars a year ago. I checked and there was a barracks there, that was why they were sending mass amounts but what I could see never shrunk. Nuked that barracks fast, shame I didn't check earlier.

I nuked all bridges leading to my forces except one far to the east, then nuked every stack of 7 or more mortars close to me until I ran out of nukes (only had 40 total when I invaded). That only hurts the units about 50% but it makes them run away to repair. Those pesky things are amphibious so they'll still reinforce but all that bought me time to resupply all my units.

Somebody is about to have a bad day.

Things are going well. UK is pushing forward but they barely have any units, I was blocking them at first but if they are killing French for me.. why not just let them.

(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “After Action Reports”