Kim Jong Leaf pushes the button

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Kim Jong Leaf pushes the button

Post by Leafgreen »

France is coming towards Asia, and US is pushing through Central America. Time to make some long range plans and get them in motion.

Ideas that come to mind first -

Launch 100 BMP-3 and 100 of 9k62/S-500 mix and take Panama Canal. Ensure access through the canal to Europe later, destroy mass merchant marines trying to use it, and keep US from gobbling up Brazil/all of South America. Flaw - I better build some shorter range/high combat time arty to send with, and I better get that force moving right now. US would declares war on me once it reached the Panama area.

Attack France in Europe. Run 300 units into Portugal and go on a killing spree (until mass air force arrives) to change the direction their forces are moving, might even capture some land and hold it. Flaw - probably lose them all for little benefit, and then be at war with France.

Attack France in Eurasia. Move units through China to take over Mongolia, then attack France on the small front between Mongolia/France using it as a woodchipper for them to throw units at (low supply area). Could destroy a LOT of units that way. Flaws - who knows when China will start more wars in awkward places, and if I attack Mongolia the land taken will belong to China.

Take over China. Establish a line from Pakistan north along the eastern side of Mongolia up to Russia. Move defensive units along it supported with arty/aa near roads or high supply areas, ie enemy targets. Build roads, rebuild China's industry, all of my lands will be linked. Flaws - I can only trade with Russia (died 4x so far) and China so I would be ending any chance of high tech later. Making a Maginot line would take a LOT of units and years until the area was rebuilt. And oh yeah, our countries are kind of intertwined all over Asia.

Make colonies. Build industrial goods, power, petroleum in Japan and Australia, make them as self-sufficient as possible and release them as colonies. I don't see any real problem with trading tech with countries I have destroyed and rebuilt as long as they acknowledge that Kim Jong leaf is divine, thin, the best general in the world, the smartest, has no anus, that the Kim dynasty invented writing/bread/fire, etc, etc. Flaws - 6-12 months of building per country to get them ready, when I release them I will lose the resources I was getting from them, I'll have to supply them with defenses still while they make a military industry again THEN make units... a lot of time and resources short and medium term.

Be devious. Spies in France to steal tech, disrupt power plants and construction, fund revolts. Flaws - I've tried those before and never seen them do anything except for spy scout missions.

Do something random. Attack South Africa's home areas while all their forces are far north in supply dead areas, take their home industries and production and the uranium mines, push north to defensible spots. Eliminates a later potential rival and a lot of countries north of them to keep Israel/France away. Flaws - Heck of a long sail time between my production area and South Africa, I would have to make production in South Africa too and finally figure out the theater/hot spots system.

July 3

France declares war on Dominica

July 9

France declares war on Estonia

July 11

Kurdistan and Israel sign a ceasefire

July 15

Cameroon declares war on Chad
Ghana and South Africa sign a ceasefire
Guinea and South Africa sign a ceasefire

July 18

Brazil kills Bolivia

July 21

Tanzania declares war on Central Africa

July 24

France kills Estonia

July 27

Ghana declares war on Guinea-Bissau

July 31

Seychelles and Tanzania sign a ceasefire

August 2

Chad declares war on Tunisia

August 9

France declares war on Kyrgyzstan

August 15

Equat Guinea dies
Nigeria declares war on Sao Tome

August 21

Chad declares war on Guinea

August 28

Brazil declares war on Chile

August 31

Chad kills Cameroon

September 4

Uzbekistan declares war on Kyrgyzstan

September 10

Tanzania declares war on Sao Tome

September 15

Tanzania kills Central Africa

September 17

Chad declares war on Sierra Leone

September 24

France declares war on Pakistan

October 1

Tanzania and Ghana sign a ceasefire
Libya declares war on Uganda

October 2

Pakistan offers me peace. I accept, France is coming after them and I have cut them off from China

October 8

Israel declares war on Syria

Okay, here is what I decided on. I had already started industries to make Japan self-sufficient as a colony before the crunch so that was a no-brainer. I will need a corridor to Europe later so taking Panama is a must - although I only sent 70 BMP-3, 20 9k62 and all my AA - 10 S-500 - towards them but I made an additional 30 Kokisan artillery with 50km range and 25 combat time. Ish. After that I only had 120 BMP-3 and around 20 9k62, I sent those all at South Africa plus my powerful fleet of 8 destroyers.

I plan on liberating, attacking, colonizing Japan. Attacking Panama to take the canal and fortifying as fast and heavily as I can from both transit and ground attacks from North and South. Hitting South Africa in the heartland and hoping (hahaha) that most of their troops are far north doing conquests in low supply areas, but their planes will race home and that force has no AA except for the destroyers.

Meanwhile I utterly cut off the Pakistan attack into China, China is actually taking the land back, I am at peace with Pakistan since France just declared war on them. I am guessing most of my units produced will be heading there or to China to build a wall against the coming French attack. I still am not sure what they are building but they do have blueprints far surpassing mine - but that doesn't mean they are using them.

Meanwhile my missile production have started to come online, 30 of 60 so far. Serb SLBM production begins and Typhoon boomers heading to the Panama area.

October 11

I declare war on Panama

October 14

I kill Panama Canal Zone
Israel kills Syria

October 15

I kill Panama
Netherlands declares war on Iceland

October 21

Sudan declares war on Algeria

October 23

France kills Russia

I was getting ready to attack South Africa right then. Pulling all those units back to make the Chinese Maginot Line, sending the 90 units just made to help. Didn't feel comfortable with the South Africa attack anyhow. I should take over Mongolia to help defend against France also.

All Missile Production finished, Panama Canal is being heavily fortified, industries in Japan are starting to finish so my industrial goods black hole is starting to become manageable. Still haven't repaired anything in old Myanmar and it looks like i'll be holding the land in Pakistan I took so that will need repairing too. That river is a nice defensive line so I'll start there and string units north to defend.

October 28

Chad declares war on Cape Verde

November 2

Ghana and Chad sign a ceasefire
Uzbekistan kills Kyrgyzstan

November 3

Sudan declares war on Kenya

November 7

Netherlands declares war on France

November 13

Tanzania declares war on Senegal
I declare war on Mongolia

November 19

Nigeria declares war on Ghana

November 22

Brazil kills Chile

November 24

France kills Netherlands

November 26

Ghana declares war on Gambia

December 2

France declares war on Israel

December 3

I kill Mongolia

December 5

Cyprus and Qatar sign a ceasefire

December 8

Ghana declares war on Togo

December 15

Chad declares war on Uganda
I give China about 150 land units, all my air force except good transports, all my navy except good transports and SSBN. First fully loaded Typhoon SSBN with 22 Serb SLBM heads from Panama to sit off-shore French Europe.

December 19

Mauritania and South Africa sign a ceasefire
China declares war on France

Seriously...

December 25

Israel declares war on Afghanistan

END OF 2024

59 wars this year.
25 nations died.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Japan construction is finished, I just need to find the time to destroy all the military installations there except for the permanent base I want - then liberate them - then attack them - then colonize them and wait for a year? Two? for them to rebuild their own military infrastructure.

180 Uranium mines operating mostly in Australia pumping out 62k uranium/day and just started another 90 mines building. A lot of roads building along the French maginot line, some supply depots in dead supply areas, Panama canal defenses are still building.

Pakistan is about to give up to France and I have 600 units on the line starting to form up. Once I get it formed up to former Russian lands i'll feel pretty safe. It feels like cowering but I know that if you make a line of units solid enough to defend, you can use that same line to attack when and where you want.

China's military preparedness daily fee must be huge by now, constant wars for 5 years.

January 1

Afghanistan declares war on the Maldives

January 7

North Korea and Pakistan ceasefire falls apart

January 9

South Africa and Mauritania ceasefire falls apart

January 15

France and Ireland ceasefire falls apart

January 21

Togo and Sudan sign a ceasefire
Libya declares war on Niger

January 22

Ghana kills Togo

January 24

Uzbekistan declares war on France

January 31

South Africa and Sudan sign a ceasefire
Libya declares war on Seychelles

February 6

Libya declares war on Sao Tome

February 12

Sudan declares war on Niger
France kills Uzbekistan

February 16

Ghana and Libya sign a ceasefire

February 18

Libya declares war on Tanzania

February 24

Libya declares war on Western Sahara

March 2

Tanzania declares war on Cape Verde

March 7

Benin and Tanzania sign a ceasefire

March 11

Chad declares war on Liberia

March 25

Sudan declares war on Uganda

March 31

Nigeria kills Ghana

April 1

Chad declares war on Morocco

April 2

Russia returns

April 7

Morocco declares war on Algeria

April 13

China and Sri Lanka ceasefire falls apart

April 20

Sudan declares war on Libya

April 27

Chad declares war on Mauritania

It's been a hectic few months, a full blown proxy war between me and France.
I have the wall formed up to former Russia and it's holding, but where China owns the land France keep pushing and pushing at it - plus they can attack with planes, while my artillery and AA can't fire back. So that requires watching and swapping out damaged units when they do a strong push but mostly it's doing pretty well. I tried pushing further north but got swatted by all the units using a highway there to attack China, they just turned and hit me hard with tanks and choppers so I pulled back for now.

Japan is ready to be let go, attacked and colonized. I just haven't had the time to micromanage that. The old Mongolia areas I took over have almost no supply so moving any troops around or units on the line being hit need resuppy almost constantly. The best supply plane I can make is a Candid-B, my tech still isn't so hot.

China is helping me soooo much. Thanks for this war buddy!

I remembered to look at Israel and see how they were doing, not encouraging. I was going to send a force to that canal and hold it to keep France from moving into Africa. Too late.

Obviously I can't be on defense forever, and someday France will declare war on me. Only thing keeping us at proxy war/peace is all the units on the border. I think I have about 800 units on the wall, another 250 sitting offshore of Japan doing nothing. I can produce 1,000 BMP-3/year (reserves are just keeping up), 20 SLBM/60 days without running out of uranium, 20 IRBM/90 days but I had to go on a building spree again so that is holding up adding more unit production. Now that my tax rate is down to 35% instead of 80 I have a stable economy pumping out money but of course all the peasants want things now like food, timber, petroleum, electricity.

If I can hold another year i'll have around 300 nukes, 1k BMP in reserve and can hit Europe hard, start taking it over. US is a wild card and everything has to transit the Panama canal, France can declare on me anytime and then we'll have a full war with a thousand planes shooting a million missiles, China might get stupid and declare on me, who knows what'll happen. But that's the loose general plan.

May 3

Chad declares war on Kenya

May 9

Chad declares war on Western Sahara

May 16

Tanzania declares war on Kenya

May 24

Tanzania and Seychelles sign a ceasefire

May 26

Cyprus dies

May 28

Tanzania kills Kenya

May 30

Libya declares war on Comoros
France kills Cyprus

June 1

Chad and South Africa ceasefire falls apart

Okay, I might be in trouble.

I kept putting off building good tanks instead of cheap BMP-3 because I can build 3 BMP in the same amount of time. And I kept putting off increasing unit production to try and make Japan a colony, that might just be a giant goose egg of a plan.

France broke through my lines. Mostly my own fault, their units would hit my lines on Chinese territory and do some damage, then fall back one tile and sit there almost dead. Teasing me... Taunting me... When I just got sick of swapping out hurt units for good ones, supplying them the entire way back to my territory with planes, China not helping at all - I counter attacked. Then their planes came and wiped out 30 units before I could retreat. Since I took some land that sent out the call to all the other French units in the area doing nothing and I ended up pulling all the units in Chinese territory back to repair. Full retreat.

300 BMP holding that area of the line, i'm hoping to let France come through and run out of supply before I swing down and use that force like a hammer. Then fall back, repeat it. It might work a few times but if not they're through the line. Mostly I am fighting LAV Timberwolf which are superior in pretty much all ways but it's the planes that are killing me, and no AA/Arty against them because it's a proxy war for me.

Okay, I have a plan in case I can't control their advance. Not a plan I like and not sure it will work, but a plan. It will take a month before I can try it and I should be able to play with France in the Chinese lands that long. If it fails I might have to start thinking about relocating critical industries to Australia just in case.

June 8

Tanzania declares war on Gambia

June 15

Libya declares war on Madagascar

June 21

Chad and Cape Verde sign a ceasefire
France declares war on Sudan

June 24

Chad and Tunisia sign a ceasefire

June 28

Libya declares war on Liberia
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Why is the Uranium always gone?

Currently I can build continually and cover the uranium costs for 10 Serb and 50 Scuds. Serb are nicer but all the juicy uranium fields in Australia are used up. Eventually I should be able to make 20 serb/40 scuds at a time.

Serb will sometimes kill a smaller city, two or three will kill almost any hex. Both are tactical so they do not raise nations hostility (well, never had anyone attack me after using 200 of them) and the Serb is a high air target which are hard to shoot down. I tested the Scud and it flew past groups of fighters and AA with no troubles.

I loves my nukeys. Initial plan was to lay waste to Europe and kill all power production there, fatally crippling France long term. Now.. if France pushes too fast and hard for me to stop i'll use them to create a very large dead supply area outside the wall of units I made. Then I just have to fight in Pakistan and I could throw 1200 BMP on that front and push west to Afghanistan, create another dead supply area with nukes and in theory that should make a pretty sure line. And then start hitting Europe and/or all unit production hexes eventually.

Just tested again, launched 100 Serb at France. Did not raise hostility or change what nations thought of me. 1 Serb will nearly always kill any non-city hex but either they made city killing harder with the latest patch or NBC techs actually do something and France has them all. Taking me 3-6+ Serb to kill a city right now.

This was France after my boomers visited them last game. Note the ample parking.

Current France statistics (production/demand/reserves)

Agriculture - 1,459/1,572
Rubber - 3k/15k
Timber - 1,815k/2,412k
Petroleum - 21,941k/34,234k/284m
Coal - 268k/168k
Metal Ore - 171k/89k
Uranium - 15k/393k
Power - 5,327k/7,420k
Consumer - 12k/218k
Industrial - 4k/51k
Military - 4k/143k

GDP/c - 17k
Debt 1,366,515
Credit - 1.6%
Inflation - 13.2%
Unemployment - 25%
Domestic Approval - 18.8%

July 4

Libya declares war on Tunisia

July 10

Algeria kills Morocco

July 12

France kills Afghanistan

July 13

France kills Israel

July 20

Uganda declares war on Mauritius

July 26

Chad and Uganda sign a ceasefire

July 27

Tanzania declares war on Niger

July 29

I release Japan
I declare war on Japan

July 30

I conquer Japan and turn it into a colony. There was no resistance, not even garrisons
(4 months later they still have not repaired anything I damaged during the takeover)

After one week they had a higher domestic approval than me and 3x the GDP/c. Making them build sea piers/ports, barracks, air fields/bases, 5 more research centers. They currently have 4 research centers and took a lot more of my electric power than I thought. Gave them all my tech, blueprints, a gift basket of goods and cash to get them started. China better get their stuff together, I have somebody else to trade blueprints with so keeping China alive isn't mandatory.

Building 60 more coal plants and 6 more research centers in Australia. 10th commo sat launched.

August 3

France declares war on Montenegro

August 9

Libya declares war on Algeria
France kills Afghanistan again

August 11

Montenegro dies

August 15

Algeria declares war on Niger

August 16

Chad and Sierra Leone sign a ceasefire

August 21

France and Malta sign a ceasefire

August 29

France declares war on Kurdistan

August 30

Malta dies

September 3

Algeria kills Niger

September 4

South Africa kills Nigeria

September 8

Tanzania declares war on Mauritius

September 13

France declares war on Straits

September 16

South Africa kills Chad

I tried destabilizing France. High priority, modern weapons. I have noticed a partisan rising about once every week. I have one intelligence center, I sent all my spies to sabotage bridges in French Russia.

Oh that was a bad idea. lol
I had some success, I sabotaged (but didn't destroy) 4 bridges. But now France is doing successful sabotages against me about 1-4x/day.

China tried to sell me some ancient towed artillery. I said no but sent them cash for free.

I've given Japan 20 cutting edge destroyers, 20 great multi planes, 50 cutting edge tanks, 800 great ship killing missiles.

September 20

Straits dies

September 21

France declares war on Qatar

September 27

France declares war on Oman

October 4

Tanzania declares war on Algeria

October 11

Brazil declares war on Trinidad

October 17

US declares war on El Salvador
France kills Qatar

October 21

US kills El Salvador

October 23

South Africa declares war on Uganda

October 27

Sudan and Algeria sign a ceasefire

October 31

Tanzania declares war on Uganda

The French attacks against my line just stopped after I pulled my forces out of the Chinese territory. They didn't advance either, they just stopped. They have slowly sent in some recon units that are mostly stuck out of supply and China hits them with planes, so the serious invasion by France hasn't happened. Yet.

Meanwhile I have been messing around with Japan and building them forces, building nukes, building very nice tanks and forming 3 groups of 300 just behind the line. Basically i'm waiting for France to take all the Chinese land next to my line, then i'll declare war on them and take it back as my lands so I can build on them.

Actually a pretty boring last few months.

November 6

South Africa and Western Sahara ceasefire falls apart

November 9

Tanzania kills Uganda

November 12

Tanzania declares war on Western Sahara

November 19

South Africa and Tunisia ceasefire falls apart

November 21

South Africa kills Mauritania

November 25

Brazil kills Trinidad

November 28

France declares war on Tajikistan

December 9

Brazil declares war on Guyana

December 12

France kills Tajikistan

December 16

Brazil declares war on Peru

December 22

France declares war on Libya

December 25

Guyana dies

December 31

Tanzania declares war on Zimbabwe

END OF 2025

53 wars this year
23 nations died
Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 10 2016, edited 9 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

Hi just want to let you know i found a little trick to rebuild.

First annex, lower your law enforcement policy so you have arround 80%. Take out region again when partisans pop up and now choose puppet. ALL loyal land will now turn into puppet. No need to destroy your treaty integrity, whatever that does.

EDIT: NVM dont do this, i lost 2m military personel doing this with Russia on Japan.
Gameplay 1st
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Interesting idea, hadn't thought of that.

The 2 million people lost were military, and part of the bases on Japanese lands perhaps?
(Holds up 3 fingers)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

Well i had 2.9M reserves (1M active) before war with Japan and when i did this i had 1.1M reserves (1M active). Im pretty sure Japan only military personel left when i killed them first time was in garrisons and some random planes and ships. I lost about 20 units in that war so yea.

So yeah if you want to do this, pay attention to your reserves. Some further testing needed.
Gameplay 1st
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

French Unemployment 25% -> 55.5%
French Domestic Approval 18.8% -> 13.8%

Not sure how that affects anything except elections.

Japan's GDP/c is at 17k and still rising, military of 72k. I'm giving them a lot of navy and ship to ship missiles, they'll be my ocean defense for the Pacific.

Uranium production is 112k/day with 321 mines + 118 more being built. Unit production is being upgraded from 100/15/15/60 to 180/15/30/78. 152 Serb, 50 Scuds built and roughly 650 land units on the wall plus the 3 'hammer' forces of 300 each. Mostly BMP-3 but stiffened with some T-95 tanks.

If France had just kept pushing through the Chinese territory part of the wall I would have been in trouble and overrun. No telling how that would have ended, but they just stopped. If they would just take these little Chinese holdouts... I keep running units into them but France doesn't take the bait.

If I wasn't using a tablet with time starting to crawl I might just launch recon sats. Then make the Chinese MLRS inside the line and just laugh. With current techs it has a combat time of 1 but a range of 387km.

If nothing else happens i'll attack on July 1.

(Some must have dropped off before I wrote them down)

January 14

Tanzania declares war on Sudan

January 23

France declares war on U.A.E.

January 26

Libya and Seychelles sign a ceasefire

January 27

Tanzania kills Sudan

January 31

France declares war on India

February 8

Tanzania and Cape Verde sign a ceasefire

February 9

Tanzania declares war on Eritrea

February 13

France kills U.A.E.

February 14

France kills Oman

February 17

Seychelles dies
Tanzania kills Eritrea

February 19

Tanzania and Western Sahara sign a ceasefire

February 20

Brazil declares war on Argentina

February 21

Algeria kills Libya

February 24

France kills India

February 27

South Africa declares war on Cape Verde

March 6

Argentina declares war on Peru

March 8

France kills Russia. Again...
South Africa kills Tunisia

French unemployment is now at 69.9% (but does that DO anything?)
Domestic Approval Rating went up to 16.9%
Their Petroleum reserves are gone
Destabilization is actually working - at least in former India

And I finally found a Patrol ship that doesn't make me laugh, it has missiles and can hunt subs. I'll build a bunch for Japan soon.

March 13

Brazil declares war on Uruguay

March 14

Tanzania and Mauritius sign a ceasefire

March 15

Tanzania and Guinea-Bissau sign a ceasefire

March 16

Western Sahara dies

March 23

South Africa declares war on Zimbabwe

April 1

The balloons go up.

Finally!

Hitting complexes with 2+ Unit Production facilities in them, bridges between the Dead Zone to be and where I want, then targets of opportunity.

The green line looks like the best place to hold, lots of bridges all along those rivers. It's not where I originally planned but should still be doable. Nuke the bridges and only amphibious units are crossing over. And supply won't cross them either. Then i'll start to nuke every unit production and barracks east of there (kill a barracks, kill all the reserves inside it), and start to annihilate every source of supply starting at the green line and heading west. I have to destroy 10-20 cities with barracks in them, eh. I'll gain around a billion population taking over India and Pakistan. That green line is awfully far from my current lines.

I know UK and France have been at war for ages and UK kept destroying anything to cross over using the tunnel, but now I see UK has actually pushed into France. Sending 2 boomers over to help them out.

April 3

Tanzania and Zimbabwe sign a ceasefire

April 7

Russia returns

Fighting all along the line, one of my 'hammer' forces of 300 BMP-3 and T-95 are pushing into Pakistan without too much trouble. 4 boomers parked near Karachi have fired their 88 Serb and going back to Indonesia to re-arm, pesky things want to hug the coast and look for trouble. 9k62 have fired roughly 40 IRBM but I've run out of targets for them to reach.

While pushing north into Russian lands another of my 'hammer' forces took over a military/city/industry area on the main highway France was running troops on in the North. Moderate resistance, only target left there to take over was a 99k city with an air field in it. No problem, I sent 30 units with supply to take it out.

LAV Timberwolf ran into the city from the east. VAB NG ran into it.
Okay... I send 100 more units at it.
More LAV run into the city from the east, some Leclerc tanks.
I send a total of 250 units at it.
More LAV and VAB run into the city from the east.
I send supply planes to the area, divert 100 more units to hit it. I start sending units pulling out to repair.

This is one of those pesky little fights that turns into a gigantic battle eating up entire divisions and becoming a focal point of a war. 5 IRBM destroyed the city but the 20 units there are damaged, out of supply and still holding. I might just have to pull all the forces back to get supply, encircle the city and then hit it. Note that this is not an attack across a river.

April 11

South Africa declares war on Tanzania

April 13

South Africa kills Zimbabwe

April 17

Russia dies

April 18

Mauritius and South Africa sign a ceasefire

April 20

Brazil declares war on Suriname

April 25

India returns

A dozen hexes along the road from Usolve France did it again in a village and I had to stop and massively outnumber them to drive them out.

I just nuked the next 2 villages along the highway until they were destroyed, faster this way. Also my boomers are now in range of Europe. Hitting complexes with 2-3+ Unit Production facilities in them, the French side of the English channel tunnel, then targets of opportunity. Portugal, Spain, France, NW Italy, western Germany.

ImageImage

French war data by month in a spreadsheet
Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 12 2016, edited 8 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

MAY

May 10

Suriname died
Brazil declares war on Columbia
(This will give them a border with me in Panama)

May 17

Brazil kills Argentina
Brazil declares war on Ecuador

May 21

Brazil kills Uruguay

Deestroying production complexes with 3+ production facilities in Egypt, Israel, Iran, Iraq, etc. Thankfully no ships in here but pesky fighters seem to keep looking for me.

May 27

South Africa declares war on Sao Tome

The Battle of Jadabpur

Southeast coast of India, I noticed all their damaged units retreating to the same area. It looked too juicy to not attack... I lost 20 units but once I figured out this attack was across a river (my tanks are not amphibious + pretty sure defender gets a bonus) I went around and encircled them, then crushed them.

ImageImage

I have noticed some slowing down of the units hitting me, and starting to see a few older units. Once their initial push is beaten off hopefully I can make take land faster. It's a lot of land to micromanage fighting on and I've lost $120k in a month from the increased need for military supplies and daily preparedness fee. Finally back to a stable economy for now but the population isn't happy with the new prices for goods.

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

JUNE

June 4

Algeria and Tunisia sign a ceasefire

June 6

South Africa declares war on Gambia

June 13

Brazil declares war on Paraguay

June 16

France and Dominica sign a ceasefire

I nuke production in Sweden, Romania, western Russia, Poland - only a half load of SLBM.
US keeps trying to start a war by overflying Panama...

The area I kept trying to tease France into attacking? I couldn't figure out why the game would keep glitching and give the land to China when I took it back. Duh.. it is originally Chinese territory. Started attacking it, ending up with the Battle of Lanzhou. Lost that one, had to fall back and pull 100 additional units over to come help the original 50 + allies. At least Japan is fighting, unlike another ally I won't name... I should have built Japan mass recons to take ground with. Oh well, fixing that mistake now.

By far the nastiest fight so far has been the Battle of Kathmandu. Lost 30 or more units taking that over, had to fall back twice to regroup. But ive figured out how some cities just seem impenetrable. When you attack a city with a barracks in it, the units inside spit out. Right now when I hit a French city only 4-5 spit out. I badly hurt one, it falls back a hex. I badly hurt another, it falls back a hex. Then the barracks spits out 3-4 more. So they have a constant stream of new units fully supplied showing up.

June 20

France declares war on Algeria

June 28

Algeria declares war on Rwanda

ImageImage

Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 12 2016, edited 2 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

JULY

July 3

I declare war on India (they kept taking pockets of France, easier to just kill them now)

July 4

Russia returns

July 9

Afghanistan returns

July 11

China declares war on Maldives.

July 21

France declares war on South Africa

I nuke what land production I can find, then go for air bases and sea ports around the island of Corse, near Italy. Half load of SLBM.

England attacks France again, they are using very nice Challenger 3.

And I am finally wearing France down, I can tell because i'm not being hit so hard. About half the cities only have garrisons in them now in the South.

ImageImage

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

AUGUST

August 2

South Africa declares war on Madagascar

August 8

Senegal and Tanzania sign a ceasefire

August 9

Pakistan returns

August 13

Tanzania declares war on Comoros

Letting the northern part of the line fend for itself, just making sure they aren't being overrun while I focus on taking over India/Pakistan. So much better... not feeling so overwhelmed by a hundred little attacks, that war front is just too big to manage a push. France is hurting and I am not seeing much of anything except garrisoons in the south now.

I gave Japan 200 of the best Recon units I can make, I guess it will be a month before they realize they have them and get a trigger to start them moving and then a month to get wherever they need to be. Russia returned in a bad spot, I might have to declare war on them because they are in my way.

Building a bit more unit production and uranium mines, power. Always need power after you take a lot of land. England's attack on France isn't going anywhere but they haven't quit yet - meanwhile those bridges are close to collapsing.

220 units just went through the Panama canal heading to Italy, they are going to take that island shown in the last nuke strike pic. Lots of AA and artillery in that force, if I can beat back the initial air attacks it will be mine and then scuds will rain down on western Europe. And my boomers can rearm right there as well.

Brazil isn't making much progress against Columbia, they are actually losing land - for now.

August 22

France declares war on Iceland

August 24

Pakistan and India sign a ceasefire

August 29

France declares war on Luxembourg

August 31

Luxembourg dies

ImageImage

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

SEPTEMBER

September 4

Tanzania and Algeria ceasefire falls apart

September 9

Sao Tome and South Africa sign a ceasefire

September 11

Sierra Leone declares war on Guinea

September 16

Sierra Leone and South Africa sign a ceasefire

September 19

Sierra Leone declares war on Benin

September 22

Sierra Leone kills Guinea

September 30

South Africa declares war on Guinea-Bissau

My strike force is almost at Corsica. Will there be ships in the area? Just how MANY planes are sitting in air bases around there? Will my BMP-3 land first to suck up the damage? Will my artillery land first and be destroyed, make this all for nothing?

For having such a large ship production I haven't seen any at all. But the planes come....

And my BMP-3 landed first! They might not be AA, but having a hundred of them on a tile shooting back adds up. Then the S-500 land.

And as a bonus, I just took the last of India. Well, the lower populated half. Now to send 95% of those troops north to finish the job.

Unfortunately half my missiles did not make it to target. France has some very nice AA units scattered around, bringing subs up to kill those with ballistic missiles. I did hit some power plants and minor production hexes though, saving the rest of the scuds.

ImageImage

Last edited by Leafgreen on Oct 13 2016, edited 2 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

OCTOBER

October 2

Comoros and South Africa sign a ceasefire

October 3

Argentina returns

October 8

Tanzania declares war on Cape Verde

October 14

Tanzania declares war on Rwanda

October 17

South Africa and Cape Verde sign a ceasefire

October 19

Maldives and Afghanistan sign a ceasefire
I kill India

2 boomers full of SLBM, hitting production and power plants. A few cities full of goods factories also.

October 20

Tanzania declares war on Mauritius

October 27

Brazil kills Paraguay

October 30

South Africa and Benin ceasefire fails

Nothing interesting this month except more nukes used in Europe. While my population has doubled and theirs cut in half, my unemployment rate has not changed at all. Money is starting to get tight for me while France is repairing facilities - that old thing, hurting your SR enemy makes them stronger. I have to start hitting their economy, power plants are the easiest. I can push through to where I want to start defending ground, this is a big chunk of land to digest and remake. I added some production, I now have 200/20/30/78 with the naval and missile facilities still building.

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

NOVEMBER

November 5

Pakistan and China sign a ceasefire

November 8

France and Dominica ceasefire falls apart

November 9

I declare war on Nepal (a few cities in my way)

My tax is at 70% and still rising and that's a problem. I am repairing all the facilities in India and scrapping any military complexes I find so I can turn them into a colony later, but they won't repair their facilities so I have to do it now. 300k industrial goods needed per day... but that's not too bad because most will be finished fast. But the AI doesn't know that, they want to increase my stockpile from 2m goods to 200m goods. Lock out the AI, wait a week for the goods demand to be cut in half, unlock it for a day so the AI can go crazy buying, lock it again for a week, etc.

Nations are starting to return in France's land. Oman, Turkey, Spain, Italy all have a few spots. UK's attack was beaten back unfortunately but it's easy to see why - there are spots like this around that we've all seen, they don't move unless a tile or attack is done within 20ish tiles of them. Those are all mortars because the AI loves to build artillery, even when they have hundreds in reserve and all their tanks/infantry are dead. Weird thing is there is no barracks or production nearby unless I nuked it.

November 17

China and Pakistan ceasefire falls apart

November 23

Pakistan dies

November 26

South Africa and Comoros ceasefire falls apart

November 28

Peru and Argentina sign a ceasefire

Starting a plan to reduce France's oil production. Now that I've taken over all the lands in the south that I want I have a lot of troops down there doing nothing, and the war in the north has way more than it needs. So i'm going to take a large chunk of forces from the India area and attack the Persian Gulf. A force of ships plus supply transports will hit the oil derricks while my land troops hold the oil facilities long enough to scrap them. I don't want to keep the land, just raze it.

I did a test to see if non-nuclear missiles that damage cities are worth making. I used this missile and shot 35 at a hex containing a Military Complex (100%) and a Sea Pier (85ish%). Nice thing is they chain fire them until they run out of missiles. Bad thing is they were still at 20ish% health. But I can see them being useful sometimes and of course they are easy to build in large numbers.

(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

DECEMBER

Yeah, I never liked the plan of taking facilities just to raze them either even if I have a huge amount of land/population to digest right now. I"ll take Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, the entire area and turn Egypt into a colony later on. Corsica troops are hitting the west side of Egypt (200) and another force will hit the SE corner of Saudi Arabia (500). The ships I sent to hit the oil derricks in the gulf will arrive someday this year. I hope.

Problem is there is always just one more line to reach, nation to take over, power plant to kill. Honestly if France offered me peace I'd take it - I don't want to take over the middle east and turn Egypt into a colony, then probably Portugal and Spain because they are easy and Spain would be a good colony, then I might as well hit France at home, Germany is just so close to France I might as well take that, UK would make a nice colony... gotta stop and recover sometime. And who says South Africa won't declare on me and roll 300 units into the middle east? I get a feeling Russia is feeling froggy and they hate me also, they are a pushover but they are big.

And shipping colonies over there some units would take a long time because the trade window doesn't say where the reserve units are housed at or else i'd build production in each colony.

December 1

Tanzania kills Rwanda

December 6

Columbia declares war on Argentina

December 13

Cameroon returns

December 14

Tanzania declares war on Madagascar

December 18

Cameroon dies

December 21

France declares war on Azerbaijan

December 29

France declares war on Maldives

Their economy has definitely turned around and becoming strong.

(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “After Action Reports”