2020 Scenarios Slow in Multiplayer

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Pax25
Colonel
Human: Yes

2020 Scenarios Slow in Multiplayer

Post by Pax25 »

Can anyone from the company explain why the old scenarios (such as World 2020, Global Crisis 2020, and Shattered World) are so slow in multiplayer compared to the newer scenarios (such as Cold War and 1936) in this Ultimate version of the game?
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: 2020 Scenarios Slow in Multiplayer

Post by Kristijonas »

Easy: modern scenarios have more countries and more units: both things require more processor time. Also, economies of those countries are also larger, so bigger numbers have to be calculated, I guess. + in modern times more technologies, satellites etc have to be accounted for, which equals again, more processing required.
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Kristijonas wrote:Easy: modern scenarios have more countries and more units: both things require more processor time. Also, economies of those countries are also larger, so bigger numbers have to be calculated, I guess. + in modern times more technologies, satellites etc have to be accounted for, which equals again, more processing required.
I'm not sure this is simply the answer because these scenarios used to run just fine in the Supreme Ruler 2020 - Gold version of the game. It's only in the Ultimate Edition that they run so slow.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

For me SR2020 gold runs much better, not necessarily faster the first month, but SR2020 i dont have lag and stuff and can just go on a world dominance spree for like the whole day. After a year its probably even faster then SR:U, just feels way more stable.

Its probably the improved ai. Caculations of the unit paths and merchant marines, etc.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Playing Global Crisis in Ultimate should be faster than Global Crisis in the 2020 engine. The modern maps have units with much longer spotting ranges and many more units which makes those maps much more processor intensive.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

YoMomma wrote:
Its probably the improved ai. Caculations of the unit paths and merchant marines, etc.
Yeah, I think this is more likely the answer.
GameRanger # 406426

Return to “SRU Multiplayer Games”