Realistic World Game With UN

This forum has been archived. Please use the new multiplayer forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

SARTwoSix
Corporal
Human: Yes

Realistic World Game With UN

Post by SARTwoSix »

So here is the idea. I will be looking for a minimum of 5 people to get this started. But more the marrier. So what's going to happen is, everyone chosen there country like normal and we get the game started. Every game month played on normal speed, we all get together over a voice chat and discuss the world politics and what we want out of things. (Just like the UN) lie, steal, provoke. Make alliances. Break them. Play that paragon of a world leader,or be a dirty dictator.

This is essentially a role play. Taken seriously this could be awsome. Who would be interested? What could we add?

(Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Realistic World Game With UN

Post by GIJoe597 »

I think it is a good idea and I did this several times in SR2020. Normally we called it playing it as a Geo-Political Simulator. It works IF, and that is a big IF, everyone actually attempts to play the role of a nations leader. Meaning, you must weigh each decision as if lives depend on it as well as how it will affect your world influence. No Democracy rampaging in wars, etc.

You can play a regular game where there are no rules, but then it is not "realistic". I know several people from past experience that prefer no "house rules", but if done properly they can make for a great gaming experience.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Sounds like a good idea to me. Count me in.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

How does multiplayer work in SR Ultimate? I never actually played multiplayer in any of SR games and I bought pretty much all since SR2010 with the exception of SR1936.
SARTwoSix
Corporal

Post by SARTwoSix »

Awsome, glad to hear we have some interest. I have not played MP on Ultimate yet, just on 2020, and to do that, we used Gameranger. So if someone with more experience has some input, tht would be awsome. I would also like to know what people are thinking they want to play. My self would be wanting to play Japan.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

Eh, what starting date are we doing?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

While I unfortunately do not have the time to commit to such a game I really want to wish you good luck. It is one of the few setups I really think looks interesting as I so much prefer that style to trying and manipulating game mechanics in order to conquer the world in 5 years
SARTwoSix
Corporal

Post by SARTwoSix »

We would be playing either Cold War or 2020. It depends what people are feeling. 1936 dose not really work because, well, the UN (league of nations) failed in epic proportions.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

SARTwoSix wrote:We would be playing either Cold War or 2020. It depends what people are feeling. 1936 dose not really work because, well, the UN (league of nations) failed in epic proportions.
In that case I'll go with Sweden

Also, what settings are we doing? I'm a fan of fow personally, but in modern scenarios it's a bit derpy.
Difficulity, aggressiveness etc...

How often do we intend to play? Once a week?

How long should every session be? We should also decide at which time we should play. To avoid confusion we should all speak in the UTC timezone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

I can for an example play at fridays 14:30, UTC time.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Hello

i saw it late but i will be glad if it can be possible to join. I can play as Turkey or Russia
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I have seen no movement on this idea, not sure if OP lost interest or did not get as many responses as he/she hoped for.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

I'm available to play. Any MP game anytime on Saturday.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.

Return to “SRU Multiplayer Games”