SUT

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

SUT

#1 Post by SGTscuba » Sep 01 2017

I've mentioned this for previous games before but I've never bothered to actually visualise it at all. I would like the devs to add a Strategic Unit Trading (SUT) system to the game. Historically, the sale of warships to third parties was (and still is) quite extensive.

This would be used so that a nation has the choice when a unit is obsolete or unwanted to not only scrap a unit, but to put it into a marketplace of units. This would utilize a similar UI to the Strategic pool. Units could be withdrawn from the market at anytime. The AI could then potentially use this as a way of cascading units down to smaller nations instead of hoarding and deploying 1000's of units.

On the UI, you could select a country and then move the units over to the right (in the same way you assign units to the strategic pool) and then you could press "diplomatic offer" which would open the diplomatic menu, and add the units to the trade, you could then send them an offer and they would accept decline the offer in the normal way.

The player and the AI could then use this as a way of selling units for extra money.

Thanks for considering and are there any questions?
Attachments
SUT Pic.jpg
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: SUT

#2 Post by GIJoe597 » Sep 01 2017

I am unclear how this would be different from the existing mechanic of trading ships?

Is not the underlying issue that the ai does not understand when to get rid of designs? It has the means already.

SGTscuba
General

#3 Post by SGTscuba » Sep 01 2017

GIJoe597 wrote:I am unclear how this would be different from the existing mechanic of trading ships?

Is not the underlying issue that the ai does not understand when to get rid of designs? It has the means already.
Rather than them just offering it out to their allies which is the usual, it would go out onto the world market. The advantages would be that it would temporarily remove the units from the map, which would help with performance. I *think* a system similar to this existing in SR2010 where you could sell units, but instead of a market, the UN offered the units to another state from its "pool".
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

GIJoe597
Board Admin

#4 Post by GIJoe597 » Sep 01 2017

ok

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

#5 Post by YoMomma » Sep 02 2017

I would like such a system, especially if it makes the armies of the ai more balanced. But fact remains, first ai need to understand the minimum and maximum of troops it should have. Also ai need to understand the importance of 'embark'. I dont know why but naval locked nations like Japan and US all prefer infantry without embark trait in present games, so basicly free merchant marine kills for whoever.
Gameplay 1st

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#6 Post by Balthagor » Sep 02 2017

I've started a ticket on this and appreciate you starting the thread. It will need to generate a fair amount more discussion if we're going to consider adding it to the roadmap.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

smith121363
Corporal

#7 Post by smith121363 » Feb 26 2018

Well, I for one like the idea of being able to sell off old units. I know the USA and other countries have been doing it for a very long time.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”