SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

nan
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Post by nan »

Balthagor wrote:
nan wrote:...This would be great for good role playing of alternate scenarios...
But you can already achieve all this through modding of scenarios if you're trying to create alternate scenarios. It seems like just a way to get around the intended consequences of your actions. I cannot see how we could justify allocating dev resources to such a feature. If you'd like to discuss this one further, I'd suggest a separate thread and discuss more of how this adds significantly to the gameplay and see if you can get community support for this idea.

With a very short dev cycle on SRGW, we will be very tight on where we spend dev time. It's the only way we can meet the deadlines we've set for ourselves.
all I want is an easy way to make a country of your choice to declare war on a country of your choice that isn't a mod. By scenario I don't mean like the scenario scenarios you can choose from the game, like just if you are bored in a sandbox and want a quick way to start havoc, etc maybe instead of "cheat saddamme" that makes a random country, you can do "cheat saddamcountrynameme" or "cheat saddammecountryname" to make a select country declare war on you. It's all I wish for.
Sigma
Sergeant

Post by Sigma »

Reposting from my steam post:

Engine and AI issues aside, somethings I'd like to see in the game is the ability for AI and player countries to freely annex and release governments.

Also the ability for civil wars to happen and government change for AI and player would be nice. Though it should be kept simple, Like a drop down menu of government types (democracy, social democracy, monarchy, communism etc.), all using either the democracy or dictatorship rules already in game, transferring from a democracy to dictatorship or vice-versa will cause a civil war where a percentage of your territory and units rebel, the percentage depending on your current approval rating. In the event of large countries this could cause regions to split off and form new countries that will fight against you.

Changing from one type of democracy to another or one type of dictatorship to another wouldn't do this though and just just changes the name of your government type and makes your approval take a hit.

The purpose for this would be role playing for the player, but also cause interesting situations for the AI and allow situations simular to the Communist uprisings in the late 1910's-1920's or the fracturing of China into the warlord era to happen.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

the other day I was thinking that each different government type should have different priorities in the techtree!
What do you think about????
Con forza ed ardimento
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

dax1 wrote:the other day I was thinking that each different government type should have different priorities in the techtree!
The real qouestion is what BGs think about this. :D You know we like it, but the devs are the one making decisions.
Please teach AI everything!
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

To make some qualified request, then I REALLY think BG needs to specify:

1) Scope
2) Timeframe (2014-2018?)
3) Incremental adaptation of existing engine

tnx
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

nick-bang wrote:To make some qualified request, then I REALLY think BG needs to specify:

1) Scope
2) Timeframe (2014-2018?)
3) Incremental adaptation of existing engine

tnx
Well we didn't start the thread, so not on us if information is missing :P

The scope of the project will be relatively tight since it's such a short timeline. The timeframe is a June 1914 start. How much the engine will change will depend on how smoothly development plans go, but again limited by timeline.
dax1 wrote:the other day I was thinking that each different government type should have different priorities in the techtree!
That's likely too large an engine change for this title.
Sigma wrote:...ability for AI and player countries to freely annex and release governments...
That creates some very complex questions. Under what situation should an AI annex or liberate? What outside factors should it weigh? You could start a 5 page thread on this topic and barely have dealt with all the logic questions.
Sigma wrote:...government change for AI and player...
Currently outside of the project scope.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Balthagor wrote:
Sigma wrote:...ability for AI and player countries to freely annex and release governments...
That creates some very complex questions. Under what situation should an AI annex or liberate? What outside factors should it weigh? You could start a 5 page thread on this topic and barely
If loyalty penalty is checked have them colonies rather then annex?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: That creates some very complex questions. Under what situation should an AI annex or liberate? What outside factors should it weigh? You could start a 5 page thread on this topic and barely have dealt with all the logic questions.
Just randomize this for start. It's better than nothing. It can be fine tuned later and it woul'd eliminate big "blob" regions.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Zuikaku wrote:Just randomize this for start. It's better than nothing...
Oh, I disagree. I think that would be worse than nothing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

Balthagor wrote:
I concur.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:
Without this feature the main problem is that supporting independance of colonies does not work and that financing opposition or sending arms to it does not result in spawning guerillas. so, when one region is annexed, it is the end forever and ever. Unless we do some land releases in multiplayer, which we are forced to do! :evil: But it is kinda cheaty and gamey...
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

annex if neighboring
colonize if not neighboring
Con forza ed ardimento
xwerswoodx
Lieutenant

Post by xwerswoodx »

20. AI knows how to liberate and colonize instead of annexing only.
This is what I want from SRU always.

Also, we should be colonize (already annexed countries) For example Kurdistan in Turkey, When I would like to colonize it I should annex them and declare war and get it back and it's really silly.

My another wish is MAP EDITOR. This could help us to make new mods to game. Also please don't make specific ini file for all scenario files. Make us to edit other settings without touching original settings. For example AIPARAMS.INI when did we edit this file it changed on all of the scenarios. Maybe take settings into scenario file.

Another one is AI soldiers, tanks, planes and ships. Please make AI to stock their soldiers in Barracks. Because after 5-6 years, game start to slow too much. I don't mean stock all of them, maybe they can use some of them to patrol or if they are in war, they can use more than normal for patrol. But I don't wanna see 10 million soldiers walking on map. Because after 20 years there is no petroleum anymore.

And for social, social payments start to increase with technology, and in the late game it goes 3-4x of income so our economy cannot used to continue to spend money on it. (Generally I played %80 for socials) So I don't know how to fix this but maybe technology can affect to income too.
JollyGoodBork
Captain

Post by JollyGoodBork »

dax1 wrote:annex if neighboring
colonize if not neighboring
+1
Simple, genius and so easy to make that there's no excuse really. Please add this to SRU too.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not convinced this works as cleanly for all cases as you are implying. But also not thinking as much on this issues, adding rails to Europe...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”