sugg: Limiting unit production!

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

amynase
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: sugg: Limiting unit production!

Post by amynase »

@Devs

Since you mentioned in your latest video on mean Steam reviews that you get many mean reviews for game speed reasons, and that you know the number of units is directly related to this, may I bump this thread and ask if this suggestion will make it into SRGW?

If so, can we expect it on release day or will it be delivered with a later update? Is there any chance it will be ported back to SRU? And which of the ways of assigning unit numbers to countries that were suggested in this thread will be used?

Thank you :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nothing to announce on this topic for release.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:Nothing to announce on this topic for release.
And after release? Any plans on this area?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As usual, I won't discuss things that haven't been locked down and tested, I've learned my lesson on that many years ago.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Population base as key factor

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

POPULATION has always been the key criteria determining how much manpower is allocated, drafter, etc. into military service.

Other factors (money, etc.) become secondary. And, how would you determine for the AI what the infantry, vehicle, air, naval mix should be as it relates to all these other proposed factors? It is not practical for BG to attempt to engineer this,
in using more than one factor: population of the country or combined countries eliminated.

As example: In my current SR-36, Japan has conquered China, occupies all of Indo-China, Dutch East Indies (NEI), Soviet Union (occupies land east of Moscow, Romania occupies most Western Russia lands west of Moscow), Finland, North Africa, Italy, Djibouti, Somalia, Madagascar, southern half of Ethiopia, and a few smaller areas.
How would the AI combine any other basic criteria than population?
And, even some of these areas Japan does not control all the lands (as with some of western Soviet Union).

It just seem too daunting a task, to create some criteria, and even get half of us to agree, on what is reasonable.

Simply thing the idea is beyond the small BG crew, that otherwise brings us a great series of games, and there are greater priorities.

My view only. 8)
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Just wanted to ask if this idea is still being considered by the Devs?
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

We have a Dell Laptop now with an 8950HK CPU on the laptop with 6 cores.
Dying to buy the new i9-9900k but I'm waiting now 1,5 year for it. Ever since AMD came with an 8 core,
since the AMD single threading performance equals Intel 2010 CPU that's just not an option for me,
but I'd love to have intel implement me an 8 core with intel single threading performance and thus I'm waiting
now for 1,5 year for an intel 8 core dekstop CPU.

Anyway, our next fastest we use regularly for SRGW is the 7700k

both the laptop and desktop CPU after playing 30 years and conquering half of the world speed
at fastest is still very fast! Slower as in the beginning, but still fast!

So I don't think BG should change anything. We're currently at the stage where all new CPU including laptop CPU can
handle very well. And next year it's speculated AMD comes with a 16 core desktop cpu...

Supreme Ruler uses a lot of cores with their 200+ threads they create.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well that's the thing tho, you have to conquer the bigger regions.

In my opinion there should still be improvements be made, as airforce doesnt fly in my game, but go from hex to hex by pausing for a second between hexes. I know only I5 3,4 ghz with 8 GB ram, but not everyone earns hundreds of thousands a year.
Gameplay 1st
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

If units are desired to be limited x5 $CASH$ and other materials to build a unit
Other values (x3 x2 etc) can be used as the default.units is basically a spreadsheet where these things can be changed

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=29241

Might be useful for a feature as a game setting.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”