buildings, units, resources, economy and tech tree

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

buildings, units, resources, economy and tech tree

Post by georgios »

How would be the resource system?

SRU introduced rubber replacing water. Are there any new modifications planned?

Uranium in Great War Era was not yet discovered. Will it be present at the beginning of SRGW? If not how will it appear in global market in the proper time?

From what point will the tech tree start? Will all countries know pro 1900 techs?

How will the game simulate the domestic demand of electricity, petroleum and consumer goods when most of the world don't knows industrialization? How will the prices be adjusted to the diffusion of such products in a worldwide scale? The gdp and the general value of money must be adjusted to as the time passes by..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: buildings, units, resources, economy and tech tree

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:SRU introduced rubber replacing water. Are there any new modifications planned?
No, the development timeline will not be long enough to change the commodity system.
georgios wrote:Uranium in Great War Era was not yet discovered. Will it be present at the beginning of SRGW?
Current expectation is it will exist on the map but not be exploited. IIRC this applies to Middle East oil as well.
georgios wrote:From what point will the tech tree start? Will all countries know pro 1900 techs?
Most pre-1900s stuff won't be modeled as tech items as everyone will know those things. Tech tree will still begin at 1900, that's also too big a change for this title. Some tech items have already been added to the tech tree for units in the 1905-1935 range, not sure how much will be added by the end of the project.
georgios wrote:How will the game simulate the domestic demand of electricity, petroleum and consumer goods when most of the world don't knows industrialization? How will the prices be adjusted to the diffusion of such products in a worldwide scale? The gdp and the general value of money must be adjusted to as the time passes by...
There are some ideas around world economy, still to be explored. Demand varies in the existing system and may be sufficient to model what we need.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Balthagor wrote: Current expectation is it will exist on the map but not be exploited. IIRC this applies to Middle East oil as well.
You mean that there will be a progressive discovery of resources?

this would be a great step for the game: resources to be discovered, not known to everyone from the beginning, and some to be invisible to foreign nations (this upgrades the role of spies and recon sats)
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:
Balthagor wrote: Current expectation is it will exist on the map but not be exploited. IIRC this applies to Middle East oil as well.
You mean that there will be a progressive discovery of resources?

this would be a great step for the game: resources to be discovered, not known to everyone from the beginning, and some to be invisible to foreign nations (this upgrades the role of spies and recon sats)
I think Balthagor means that resources will exist and be visible on the map from the start, but there wont be any mines currently mining them at the start of the game.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

there won't be mines in middle east or generally?

oil mining and use had already started at 1900.

so mines should be unlocked with the proper tech, known to the 1900 industrialized countries, but unknown to the others.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:there won't be mines in middle east or generally?

oil mining and use had already started at 1900.

so mines should be unlocked with the proper tech, known to the 1900 industrialized countries, but unknown to the others.
If I understand correctly,

uranium will be visible from the start, but no one will mine it at the start of the game.

All available oil in the middle east will be visible from the start, but only a small fraction will be used at the start since the oil industry wasnt that big in the region at the time historically.

All resourcs that were already used in WW1 like Steel and coal and Oil in the USA will of course be mined ingame aswell.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I am curious if the first uranium mines and nuclear power plants will appear at the historically correct place and time or they will pop up randomly..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

amynase wrote:If I understand correctly,

uranium will be visible from the start, but no one will mine it at the start of the game.

All available oil in the middle east will be visible from the start, but only a small fraction will be used at the start since the oil industry wasnt that big in the region at the time historically.

All resourcs that were already used in WW1 like Steel and coal and Oil in the USA will of course be mined ingame aswell.
Yes
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

My concern here is in regards to rubber. All of it will be in the hands of the allies, and it's not like WW2 where the central powers can expect to get their hands on some through Japan. I know it was a strategic resource in the past which countries refused to sell on the world market during war, but was this ever changed? I didn't really play the WW2 map, so I'm uncertain. I can foresee it being an issue if they continue to hoard it.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”