Industrialisation costs

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Industrialisation costs

Post by Zuikaku »

I'm under impression that industrialisation costs are too low considering the magnitude of investment, research and efforts it requires from the nation. These costs shoul'd be much higher than costs of power grid improvements.
Efforts of extensive industrialisation required 10 or more years and billions of dollars.
It is somewhat too easy in current game to research industrialisation. Many regions in real life only recently managed to do this and some are still not at this level of development.
This shoul'd also act as main stepping stone in further development of regions and also preventing too many regions becoming capable of building sophisticated designs far too early.
Please teach AI everything!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Industrialisation costs

Post by evildari »

Maybe just remove industrialization as a tech - since it is a process and not a single light on switch.
In my opinion industrialization in the game (and even reallife) means putting lots of factories, powerplants, mines and oilrigs on map to increase output of intermediate and finished goods.

And in real life you dont need to be fully industrialized to have access to current tech - you just need money (though being industrialized helps with it).
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The tech can't be removed without breaking a lot of stuff. Take a look at the mapping of the tech tree and you'll see that it is a very specific bottleneck technology to keep regions from progressing at an unrealistic rate.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

U suggest keeping the tech but increasing research costs and time :D
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”