a issue since supreme ruler 1936

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

draaimolen
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

a issue since supreme ruler 1936

Post by draaimolen »

Hello I have been playing the supreme ruler series since 2020.

Sorry for my English. it's not my best.

So.. here goes.

I have been playing for a long time now. And there has been one issue troubling me.

Whenever you conquer a industrial facility of your enemy, or a military facility, or a city.
this counts for the AI as well!

It will, never ever repair. (unless ordered to) (I'll explain it later in detail.)

I had a game running once from supreme ruler ultimate (1949, the cold war sandbox) all the way to the 1980s (yes I got that much patience)

West Germany went to war, with east Germany.
west Germany won.

the hexes that contained a industrial or an military facility that were taken over by enemy units (receive damage) which is normal. However, they never ever repair those facilities. they stay damaged forever until the player takes it over, and gives the order to repair.

For example: a hex with a city and two coal power plants.
enemy units take that hex over, (without firing a single shot.)

the two coal power plants are damaged. and a pause button is on them.
They never ever get repaired. Ever! in the entire game. However the City itself does get repaired.

Another example: a hex that contains a industrial complex. with a Timber mill and a coal mine.
This one is a bit different than the one before.

Enemy units take the hex over, (also without firing a single shot.)
Now, the Industrial complex is damaged. Including the Timber mill and the coal mine as well.

The industrial complex has a pause button now too, and the attached timber mill and coal mine too.
They never ever get repaired. Ever! in the entire game, as well.

I hope this problem gets fixed, it ruins the single player experience by quite a bit. And has been around since supreme ruler 1936!

both supreme ruler ultimate, and supreme ruler the great war have this problem.
:o

I love your games battle goat studios. I really do. Sure the AI has some flaws with naval combat etc. and being a small game studio. with a lot of work on their hands.

And making Quality games, is very time consuming.

(I have seen some bad games on the steam store.) you are no where near that level trust me ;)

But please fix this!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: a issue since supreme ruler 1936

Post by Balthagor »

There has been some discussion about this. The AI will repair in some cases, but a lack of resources is often a bottleneck for progress.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:There has been some discussion about this. The AI will repair in some cases, but a lack of resources is often a bottleneck for progress.
That is not entirely true. There is something buggy with AI facility repair.
AI tends not to repair damaged facilities even if it has more than enough IGs and money.
Checked in multiplayer games, tried even to donate IGs and money to AI without any results.
Sometimes AI have millions of IGs and positive IG production and it never rapairs any facilities.
Sometimes even after 20+ in game years facilities are unrepaired.

The only things AI repairs are cities and only cities. And by cities I mean only that - not facilities located in the cities.
Why are not the same rules applied to all facilities and industrial/military centers?

Disclaimer: I have not played SRGW or SRU yet (for a half year) so I don't know if something regarding this issue changed from May.
Please teach AI everything!
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

Zuikaku wrote:
Balthagor wrote:There has been some discussion about this. The AI will repair in some cases, but a lack of resources is often a bottleneck for progress.
That is not entirely true. There is something buggy with AI facility repair.
AI tends not to repair damaged facilities even if it has more than enough IGs and money.
Checked in multiplayer games, tried even to donate IGs and money to AI without any results.
Sometimes AI have millions of IGs and positive IG production and it never rapairs any facilities.
Sometimes even after 20+ in game years facilities are unrepaired.

The only things AI repairs are cities and only cities. And by cities I mean only that - not facilities located in the cities.
Why are not the same rules applied to all facilities and industrial/military centers?

Disclaimer: I have not played SRGW or SRU yet (for a half year) so I don't know if something regarding this issue changed from May.

Right... and this issue still persists, up to this day.

Also an update they do repair the complexes, like the industrial complex or Military complex, but the ones that attached to them stay damaged, no matter how much money or goods you give the AI, or how much time has passed.

they did repair in supreme ruler 2020.

On a side note this matters for players as well. as long you don't give the order to repair the attached facilities, like from the button LAND (lower left on the UI) and either from theater controls, or battle zone controls Order structure auto repair.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Zuikaku wrote: Disclaimer: I have not played SRGW or SRU yet (for a half year) so I don't know if something regarding this issue changed from May.
The issue still exists...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Frankly i dont know what's there to discuss...
Gameplay 1st
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

Well... the issue can be figured out pretty easy, I think.

I'm quite certain that the devs have a copy of the game lying around.

start a game. does not matter which conditions, whether it's supreme ruler ultimate or the great war.

declare war on an enemy near you. let him take an hex over with units, (It must either a city or an industrial or military complex with something attached to it.) whether it's a timber mill or goods production facilities. or something else.

Check the Land tab where you can see the said hex that was taken over, Or just right click on said hex. Let the time go by, and see for yourself. The buildings attached to either a city or industrial or military complex, will never repair.

I hope, I don't sound mean or anything. with this, but this problem is getting on my nerves.
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

I made 2 pictures of the thing I meant here they are. (I attached them to this and the following post.

this is the first picture. I'm highlighting the city of liege, it's recently taken over by Germany.

on the lower left you see the buildings attached to the city are on "pause" (no repairs going on there)

keep an eye on the date.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

Second picture. Same city, check the date it's still not repaired... Something fishy going on here

(the building took some damage from artillery, but that's beside the point.)

even with the amount of goods I gave them and money, they do not repair the buildings attached to either cities, Industrial complexes or Military complexes.

I hope this shines some light on this problem.

Best Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

Another update on this issue, I noticed that tourist attractions and Business centers don't get any damage at all from being taken over by enemy units.

Would be nice if other the other buildings had this too. (it's miles better than this forever not repairing glitch)

damaged buildings have reduced production, which cripples the AI in the long run.
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

bump
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

AI repairs battledamage if the location is not captured. Once it is captured, it only repairs "central facility" (city or industrial/military complex). Other buildings are never repaired. This needs fixing and it is strange nothing have been done about this.

Problem is probably that during switching ownership AI never resets repairs. Some checks might be added to adress this once ownership is changed. If location is captured then set to auto repair.
Please teach AI everything!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Another option for the AI could be to rather scrap at once those conquered factories,
and use the gained industrial goods to support construction in your loyal home region to build up your industries.
1. in case of a recapture the enemy has either an even more damaged facility if it was really fast or just nothing.
2. the new owner doesnt have the non-loyal penalty (if its was enabled in the lobby).

A little gamey (if thats even a word) but not totally out of history - russians dismantled some of the east german industry to build it up in their country.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

bump once more.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There was actually some discussion about this in the office today. Nothing notable to share yet, but thanks for keeping the topic near the top.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”