loyalties missing

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

loyalties missing

Post by Kristijonas »

The middle east is missing loyalties, they are all loyal to ottomans. No Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq or whatever... Really sad.

2. Memel city is German, should be Lithuanian because Germany lost the city after WW1 (just as Gdynia, Poznan are Polish loyalty even if they belong to Germany at the beginning of the game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: loyalties missing

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not sure this is either sad or wrong. In 1914, the nations you mention did not exist. They came to be not because those geographic blocks were logical but because colonial powers dropped lines and maps and tried to force the people living there to adapt to it. The events of the 1920s-1940s created those nations. In 1914, their fate has not yet been decided.

I'll review Memel, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I agree, but certainly people in the middle east weren't all Ottoman loyalists? It's a couldron of nations, the middle east is and was. Even if not by today's standards, surely there could be some loyalties added there? If not for fun factor or for realism, then at least so that players would have a choice to 'liberate' the lands from the Ottomans.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

And what borders would you use? Loyalty to what region?

The Ottoman heavily suppressed the other cultures. I'm not sure different loyalties makes sense here.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Well I mean cmon, not even Iraq?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:And what borders would you use? Loyalty to what region?

The Ottoman heavily suppressed the other cultures. I'm not sure different loyalties makes sense here.
Does this means you are planning to give us hey loyalty switch?! Since you are now admitting loyalties did change on rather massive scale :-)

But on the topic, people of todays Palestina or Lebanon or Iraq never felt as ottomans. They felt they are arabs (member of arab tribes) or levantines or egypteans. So, for the sake of playability and some historicall accouracy I recomend that these areas are not loyal to Ottoman empire. Adding loyalties roughly to today country borders may be considered to represnt different arab tribes that lived there.

All these hexes being loyal to OE is just wrong!
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

"roughly too" is much to imprecise. I disagree with modern borders.

The loyalty can be changed by events. If we add the creation of those regions, we can use events to control the loyalty.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:2. Memel city is German, should be Lithuanian because Germany lost the city after WW1 (just as Gdynia, Poznan are Polish loyalty even if they belong to Germany at the beginning of the game.
For what map are you proposing this change? If they lose it AFTER WW1 then the WW1 map is correct...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

WW1 map. Lithuania receives Memel as a result of the war.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

In what year does that happen?

From what you said there I'm thinking this is a possible scripted event, not something we need to change on the map. IF "Germany dead" THEN give Memel -> Lithuania.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Can we have the same event for Ottoman Empire. If dead=>make Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Jordan and Iraq and switch hex loyalties?
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

All of these could be done but would take time. I'll flag this thread for myself and make some notes...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Balthagor wrote:In what year does that happen?

From what you said there I'm thinking this is a possible scripted event, not something we need to change on the map. IF "Germany dead" THEN give Memel -> Lithuania.
Such a script would make sense, but I haven't really played through WW1 even once yet so I wouldn't know :O

Zuikaku's suggestion sounds great!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Yeah no1 ever gone thru WW1, game is totally fixed so yeah lets put devs resources into this :lol:
Gameplay 1st
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Balthagor wrote:In what year does that happen?

I used such events in a mod i was preparing. Specifically it was for Shattered World scenario where, for example if South and West Germany would get destroyed then East germany would became Germany, would get a german flag, would get all research from South and West Germany and would merge loyalties of all 3 regions into one. This was all done through conditional events (which are great addition for modding btw.). The conditions applied to other regions as well, for example any Italian region would become Italy (with all the things mentioned before) as soon as they are the only region left in that country.

Event seems to work fine but there was a bug i ran into with loyality changes. I'll recheck it in this version of the game and make a separate thread if that bug still exists.

Return to “Issues and Support”