Units "lost" in foreign territory

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Units "lost" in foreign territory

Post by mrgenie »

This bug is repeatable and ever since all versions of SR although this is the first time I noticed it.

Not a big issue but can be tricky.

When you conquer a country your units also get into barracks of the conquered country.

if you say:"I overdid my extension, my economy can't handle that much expansion at once, gotta release country back to the nation"
one should expect your units getting out of their barracks to return to your own country.

Instead they remain in the barracks. So it got me wondering: where are all the units?

Again, not a big bug but might be nasty for a user.

To get them back, I made alliance with the released nation and selected "deploy all"

Maybe better to have an automated: when land is released to foreign nation, all units get a "full deploy" and move to the nearest home base.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Units "lost" in foreign territory

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote: Jun 19 2018...When you conquer a country your units also get into barracks of the conquered country...
You say it's repeatable but we've not been able to reproduce this precise situation. Do you have a savegame from just before you conquer a nation that, once conquered, will have your units in reserve there? If yes, we'd like that savegame from before the conquest.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

To be clear, the op is typing that after he defeats a nation. Reserves his military in the conquered nations barracks, then later releases that nation while his military units are still in that territory, they disappear?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
number47
General

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote: Jun 19 2018 To be clear, the op is typing that after he defeats a nation. Reserves his military in the conquered nations barracks, then later releases that nation while his military units are still in that territory, they disappear?
Yes to the first part and sort of for the second...the units don't disappear, they remain in the barracks and can't be accessed anymore. The only way he got them back was allying the nation in question and than selected "deploy all". I came across this issue to long time ago but I assumed the units reserved were given to the released nation and made a mental note to my self not to do that again :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Roger 47, thanks for clarification. Disappeared was a bad choice of words, I meant no longer accessible to the player. I was in a hurry, out the door to a movie.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Hi Baltagor,

I couldn't reproduce my original post myself anymore. And then I could!

Now I know when the units won't return "home"

When I have set the Military "Units Path Around" they remain in the barracks in the "Released" territory.

This is where the issue I have is. Even when "Units Path Around" is set, once I release these territories the units should get out of the barracks and return home :)

Thank you for looking into this.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues and Support”