Scorched Earth

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Scorched Earth

Post by mrgenie »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

First before going into this a question: what's the difference between scrap and destroy?
I know when I scrap buildings I get back a few industrial (thus scrapping water power plants = nice cheat)

I would love on the "right click battle zone control" a button to "Scorch the earth"
possibly with the option: military installations and industrial separated.

Reason:
I found with a small country against a large enemy can be tricky sometimes the AI just overruns you.

You can hold the defense lines and you can push into enemy territory but after a few his Ai understands you pushed through and send his troops to yours.

So with a small country against a big one is tricky, it kinda makes you stuck and IF by any chance the defense lines break once .. game over, and an AI
will never go to accept peace if he knows you can't beat him so kinda limit your own development capabilities.

BUT, I found out I can move in, delete his buildings and retreat! That way I loose not much while step by step crippling his economy/supplies.

Also with a small country to absorb a very big country like Russia for instance usually cripples my own economy for some reason, thus I rather even if I manage to break them
return the land to theirs. Better to first expand to Austria, France, etc and absorb smaller countries before going to the big ones.

This does lead over time the big one can repair all his economy, industry, military production and the moment I am fit enough to absorb him he again got 1000, 2000, or more troops I have to beat.

But right now doing this manually is kinda hard micro-managing. Better a "per battle zone" option for it.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Scorched Earth

Post by Balthagor »

When you scrap, you get back some of the materials and it takes longer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SixthtySixthSix
Lieutenant

Re: Scorched Earth

Post by SixthtySixthSix »

city to city to city... always isolate the city with a moving encirclement.

tactical planning to insure that your gains Never become losses- i.e., typically, air assault to interdict offensive units moving to retake the city, destruction of bridges, etc....

but yes, stripping all industry makes the area a burden for a retaking force.
Your mouse has moved. The system has to be updated for the changes to take effect. Restart now?

Return to “Issues and Support”