Some units can't be build at some spaces

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Some units can't be build at some spaces

Post by mrgenie »

I build a land "LAND PRODUCTION" facility at the lower left of REYKJAVIK (Iceland) at 680,064

The land says "rough"

I also build 1 AIR PRODUCTION and 1 NAVAL FACILITY

When I want to build here air planes or land units and I specifically target these facilities to build them, they are build in the queue and properly build.

However, when I click in the middle of nowhere, to let the minister distribute my build queue over ALL facilities I have worldwide..

These are skipped, nothing will be build here, except the naval units. These are properly queued.

Obviously a bug I guess.

Again: Land & air are not being build when I'm not specifically selecting these facilities! Naval is build correctly.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Some units can't be build at some spaces

Post by mrgenie »

Ah and yes made a saved game if needed
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

Also noticed this a few weeks back when i last played.

When i logged in as China in MP, no troops were being build, there were troops ordered they just didnt get in the build que when the day past.

When i manual ordered extra troops they were being build, but old order was still idle.

Well it isnt same thing i guess, but yeah, bug none the less. This was GC2020 tho... So yeah i didnt even bother to report.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote: Jul 15 2018 Ah and yes made a saved game if needed
If you'd like to send the savegame, we can test it out. TIcket 22126.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

After doing some testing with the save game you submitted the issue seems to be twofold. You have added 200+ units to your queue, which are assigned a land fabrication facility as they enter the queue. As you have additional land fabrications coming online the queue is not redistributed to new facilities. This is a design choice to have a non-global queue for game performance. The other issue is that adding units to the queue by rapidly clicking (using a macro) or just very fast fingers will sometimes assign units to the same facility because the game must keep this information multiplayer sync compatible, and the nature of multi-threading means that sometimes one message has not been received by the time another is sent. Having the AI be more aware of the clicks and keeping track of that information would be quite a large performance hit.

For the above reasons there is no plan to change the way the queue works, as it is working as intended.

To stop this issue from happening you can either manage your pending units more frequently(adding more units to the queue will allocate them to unused facilities) or use the AI autobuild.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Ah, so just adding units clicking a bit slower :) that's doable

Return to “Issues and Support”