GUI Queue Numbers are wrong at some point - other issue

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

GUI Queue Numbers are wrong at some point - other issue

Post by mrgenie »

At some point the numbers in the design window start playing "ping pong"

In this screen I've added you can see for the Pak 57 Anti-Tank Gun:
4 queue, 171 inventory and 13 production = 188 (this is actually the correct number)
185 inventory and 10 production = 195

watch the two pictures! I haven't changed a single button and of course my minister is switched off from any production!

Now this never happens at first. But at some point, this problem kicks in and I have no idea at which point.

Obviously this is a mistake. Too many production facilities? Specifically when starting building missiles?
Memory leak? Wrong memory access?
who knows.. obviously something you need to take care about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: GUI Queue Numbers are wrong at some point - other issue

Post by evildari »

i sometimes see that 655 (i guess it is maybe a shorted xFFFF) or such - i think the display shows before the variable was updated and shows a cleared default entry usually it resolves after 1-2 seconds.
Could also be same or similar issue to your missile queue issue.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

same question as the other thread, does save/reload fix this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

No, save reload doesn't fix the ping pong of numbers.

Tomorrow I'll try on the other computer. It's a i7-7700k, maybe my old one getting too slow for the game :)

if it's the speed of the CPU (assuming you do a lot of multithreading in the game) might go for the i7-8700k soon..

but first i'll check the i7-7700k
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

no, on the i7-7700k same

when loading I see the "production queue" with proper numbers. building 18 and queue 298

in the "missile design screen" I see 84 in inventory.. queue and current building empty nothing..

after a while it changes into "production queue window" to 18 and 280 so these numbers are always correct (that's the left window)
but the "missile design window" show 102 in inventory, nothing producing and queue it shows 655 again.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I can confirm this anomaly has been around for a good while. I have chosen to ignore it as best I can. I once figured out why it was doing it, but I cannot remember. I seem to recall something about adding in production with just completed and winds up doubling the number or some such. In most cases, I think if you let it one a day or so it straightens out for a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

GIJoe597 wrote:I can confirm this anomaly has been around for a good while. I have chosen to ignore it as best I can. I once figured out why it was doing it, but I cannot remember. I seem to recall something about adding in production with just completed and winds up doubling the number or some such. In most cases, I think if you let it one a day or so it straightens out for a bit.
Obviously for me it doesn’t straighten out. Sometimes during my fast speed run it switches to 654 only to come back at 655 a few days later

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”