Small Mod requests

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

golden.pole
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Small Mod requests

Post by golden.pole »

GIJoe597,

I tried your method. I logged as Russia and then as Germany, released Polish lands. I kept moving the save file from the single to the multiplayer folder to do it. I was able to put Poland together. Looks good. I might have to start the game with no units in order to give myself a chance to survive. I really like the SRGW. Starting the game from the beginning with no technologies, going all the way to aircraft carriers and nukes is lots of fun. Thanks man.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Okie dokie.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I could see a mod removing the WW1 forced war declarations as being a popular mod as well, allowing for a simpler sandbox where anything goes and you can simply play through the eras however you want with whatever volatility you personally choose. I think I'll try to do that myself. I'm waiting for the next update to jump into my AAR anyway so might as well start off by figuring out how to do that.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

golden.pole wrote:GIJoe597,

I tried your method. I logged as Russia and then as Germany, released Polish lands. I kept moving the save file from the single to the multiplayer folder to do it. I was able to put Poland together. Looks good. I might have to start the game with no units in order to give myself a chance to survive. I really like the SRGW. Starting the game from the beginning with no technologies, going all the way to aircraft carriers and nukes is lots of fun. Thanks man.
So you found an acceptable replacement or still want one done with a bit more specifics added?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:I could see a mod removing the WW1 forced war declarations as being a popular mod as well, allowing for a simpler sandbox where anything goes and you can simply play through the eras however you want with whatever volatility you personally choose. I think I'll try to do that myself. I'm waiting for the next update to jump into my AAR anyway so might as well start off by figuring out how to do that.
Removing "ALL" events so its a real sandbox or just the War declerations?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Good question. I'd probably remove all preexisting events to allow for a genuine sandbox scenario.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:Good question. I'd probably remove all preexisting events to allow for a genuine sandbox scenario.
if removing all events it can be done with two \\ added to the scenario file before the event file and a recache... that ones about the easiest mod request ever. Only issue is SOME times scenario creators use events at the start behind the scenes to setup things in a scenario.. these would be removed to.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

I am myself a bit disturbed by war declaration events that fires whatever you do for your country.
But :) there is a quick way to do fix it, that wont require deleting all events.

Find all events related to your country with war decs, and use condition eventbnotifhuman in events. Like this it should disable events when my country is declaring war. And that country still declares war when played by AI.
Of course this wont remove AI vs AI pre-existing war decs, but if you aim for no more fixed war decs, just remove those events.

One could mod WW1 war decs chains at the condition a specific war is going on. Ie if A-H attacks Serbia, or if Germany attacks France, engine is then testing this ingame and not forcing fixed war-decs, and then lauch other events accordingly. If the player decide to not participate, some conditionnal events could forseen various case for WW1 to happen anyway.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

vahadar wrote:I am myself a bit disturbed by war declaration events that fires whatever you do for your country.
But :) there is a quick way to do fix it, that wont require deleting all events.

Find all events related to your country with war decs, and use condition eventbnotifhuman in events. Like this it should disable events when my country is declaring war. And that country still declares war when played by AI.
Of course this wont remove AI vs AI pre-existing war decs, but if you aim for no more fixed war decs, just remove those events.

One could mod WW1 war decs chains at the condition a specific war is going on. Ie if A-H attacks Serbia, or if Germany attacks France, engine is then testing this ingame and not forcing fixed war-decs, and then lauch other events accordingly. If the player decide to not participate, some conditionnal events could forseen various case for WW1 to happen anyway.
There are MANY ways to modify the default events.. it all depends on how much time you want to put into it and what your exact desired result is.
golden.pole
Captain

Post by golden.pole »

@Fistalis,

I'm quite happy playing as Poland in 1914 so far (with GIJoe's help), so I don't need any other adjustments. I'll let you know if I need any other changes. Thanks for asking. SRGW fun game, we have to set up another long-term MP game soon.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.

Return to “Modding SRGW”