Map Editor works !

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

irfanahmed1979
Major
Human: Yes

Re: Map Editor works ! (for SRU too)

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

EVILDARI wrote:as long as you bought the game(s) it should be legit cause it is as of now, an integral part of the games executable.
ie. that is no 3rd party software.
if the lawyers of battlegoat disagree then they can delete my post with a nice placeholder like "censored"
but since this info is now known - they have another selling point IMO.

SRGW:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Great War\SupremeRulerGreatWar.exe" -mapedit
works right out of the box

SRU:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\SupremeRulerUltimate.exe" -mapedit
as i already wrote you have to do some extra work:
1. create \scenario\custom folder if you dont have it
2. copy your favorite .scenario file (ie. my <shameless ad> DTMOD for SRU) and
3. make sure to change the mapfile settings to mapfile "MapEditor"
4. make sure to change the oof settings to #include "MapEditor.OOF", "MAPS\"

the file i provide lets you see how its done (it is my slightly edited sandbox scenario of my DTMOD for SRU - make sure to
copy the the mods .mapx and .oof files and name then to MapEditor.mapx and MapEditor.oof
then the games mapeditor will load even mod files !

I've modded a lot in SRCW but first time in SRU. Could you tell me where I can find the Cold war scenario in SRU? All I see is many scenario files named like: C194910US.scenario or C194910USSR.scenario in the campaigns folder. These 2 files I guess are cold war scenario files, yes? Which one should I use for my custom mod and for map editing. Or are the required scenario files in another folder?

Edit: One more thing. I opened up a few scenario files and the text is all written in paragraph style (no lines!). How am I supposed to edit these?

Edit #2: Never mind I opened and saved with Wordpad and that made notepad recognize the line breaks. However, I followed instructions but the game crashes with the -mapedit parameter in the launch settings (if there is a MapEditor.scenario file) otherwise it just opens the editor without any scenario loaded. I copied the cold war.scenario and cold war.csv from the sandbox folder to SCENARIO\CUSTOM folder and renamed the first file to MapEditor.scenario. I made the two changes in this file as mentioned above but the game crashed. I copied the cold war.MAPX and cold war.OOF files to the SCENARIO\CUSTOM folder and renamed them to MapEditor.MAPX and MapEditor.OOF but still the game crashes. I even tried creating a Maps folder in the SCENARIO\CUSTOM folder and copying them there. I also set the path for the .oof file to CUSTOM\MAPS in the scenario file. I also tried overwriting the original MapEditor.MAPX and MapEditor.OOF with my renamed .mapx and .oof files in the Maps folder in the main game folder but still the game crashes.
irfanahmed1979
Major

Re: Map Editor works !

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

i even tried to give a path for the mapfile when the 2 were in the custom\maps folder like this:
#ifset 0x02
&&MAP
mapfile "CUSTOM\MAPS\MapEditor"
&&END

#include "MapEditor.OOF", "CUSTOM\MAPS\"
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Just copy and rename both coldwar.mapx and coldwar.oof in the main \Maps folder
to mapeditor.mapx and mapeditor.oof
i attached a mapeditor.scenario - basically an edited coldwar.scenario that can load into the mapeditor.
Unpack it into \Scenario\Custom
For me it works - i can see westberlin in its own borders in the editor. (I used the InsiderBuild dated 23.DEZ.2017)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

EVILDARI wrote:Just copy and rename both coldwar.mapx and coldwar.oof in the main \Maps folder
i attached a mapeditor.scenario - basically an edited coldwar.scenario that can load into the mapeditor.
For me it works - i can see westberlin in its own borders in the editor. (I used the InsiderBuild dated 23.DEZ.2017)

Yes! Thanks finally got it working. I think I had to disable "//" the line for the orbats in the scenario file. Spent the next 5 hours playing with the editor.
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

irfanahmed1979 wrote:
EVILDARI wrote:Just copy and rename both coldwar.mapx and coldwar.oof in the main \Maps folder

Yes! Thanks finally got it working. I think I had to disable "//" the line for the orbats in the scenario file. Spent the next 5 hours playing with the editor.
Can I add settlements? If so how?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

See the screenshots for Numbers and places.

1. First select the region/country you want to edit with a right click in map then click this button - this shows the already used buildings in that region. Makes the list smaller and you dont have to scroll to a very large list of buildings which are variants of settlements for different "cultures".
2. Select your favorite settlement.
3. Open the lock - make sure you stay in the most left of the 3 tabs (that hammer icon)
4. Left click one time in the map view - alternate you can click in the middle of that Hex-Landview- make sure you have just one town in the hexcontent window (though no worry - game can handle even such abuses)
5. Clicking in this window you can rename that Hex
6. change the slider to have this hex a value for population distribution (its not an absolute value - i think it depends of the sum of all popvalues in region to the value of this hex and the population value in the CVP file)
7. thats the Save&Exit button - currently it always save to MapEditor. filenames. The upper 3 Buttons doesnt seem to work well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

Thank you
ILOVEKITTENS
Sergeant

Post by ILOVEKITTENS »

I was able to get on the Map Editor. However, it seems to be frozen.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Do all the steps as written for SRU - it wont work out of the box unlike in SRGW - make sure you comment out the OOB - or try out the solution for the coldwar scenario.
my mods
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

evildari wrote:Do all the steps as written for SRU - it wont work out of the box unlike in SRGW - make sure you comment out the OOB - or try out the solution for the coldwar scenario.
[_]OT How does one read the hex coordinates in this game (not the editor)? The UI in this game is slightly different than SRCW so I don't know how to tell the x and y coordinates of a hex that I select.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

in the land department (F2) look in the bottom left window - either there is the name of location or the x+y coordinates
my mods
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

evildari wrote:in the land department (F2) look in the bottom left window - either there is the name of location or the x+y coordinates
thanks
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

evildari wrote:in the land department (F2) look in the bottom left window - either there is the name of location or the x+y coordinates

Does anyone know the region code for crimea?
I'm combining regions in a cold war mod. I combined Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Kaliningrad and made it independent of USSR. I did the same with the central asian republics and the Caucasus republics. However after caching the map shows Crimea without any owner. No borders, no flag, nothing. I tried searching in the .CVP file and on the supreme wiki but there is no region code for Crimea.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

in the default cold war map , crimea is not a region for itself, so you need to put it into the .cvp file:
Balthagor wrote:Be sure that number sequences used in your maps also exist in the .cvp file. ie block 18 owner 08 needs a region 1808 in the cvp.
make sure you use an unused number or use the Number 812 like in W2020.cvp (you know the current modern cold war)
my mods
irfanahmed1979
Major

Post by irfanahmed1979 »

evildari wrote:in the default cold war map , crimea is not a region for itself, so you need to put it into the .cvp file:
Balthagor wrote:Be sure that number sequences used in your maps also exist in the .cvp file. ie block 18 owner 08 needs a region 1808 in the cvp.
make sure you use an unused number or use the Number 812 like in W2020.cvp (you know the current modern cold war)
You mean I have to add a new region in the .cvp file with all the entries? Where will I get the data for flagnum, govtype, ...., basically all the fields?

Return to “Modding SRGW”