Zuikaku's mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Zuikaku's mod

Post by Zuikaku »

russ1000 wrote:Hello Zuikaku. If you have the opportunity, please create data for ASU-57 and ASU-85. If you need help, contact me. Thank you.
That is not going to be problem. The biggest problem usually present fuel capacity which is hard to impossible to be found for some units, so if you have any knowledge of fuel capacity... :lol:
DasVivo wrote: I notice you added the "S-2 Pantsyr GM352 tracked" and you have changed S2-ADATSII Pantsyr Tech from 110 to 130

Assuming that the S2-ADATSII Pantsyr is indeed the wheeled Pantsir S2 with Janus Radar that is already well in service so I would make its tech 115/116.....
S2-ADATSII Pantsyr is a fictional unitment to be replacement for Pantsyr in the game. Since new version of Pantsyr is being announced, I decided to give it a go instead of fictional unit.
DasVivo wrote: The Tracked Pantsir however hasn't been adopted by anyone as far as I am aware, nor have I seen any talk of contracts for it (2018 Russian Land Forces start to get a larger cut of the SAP Plan but they may place the latest Pantsir on one of the new Chasis, Armata or Kurganets when they decide to say replace Tunguska), with this in mind how are you picking the Tech Date? Year of 'Development' say of the GM-352 S1 or say the hypothetical year of 'Introduction' of such a future system?

In the latter case I would imagine given that there is still a long backlog of orders to be filled (Domestically and Export of the wheeled variants), pending use on Warships etc I'd say the Army will likely need wait a while to adopt it, Tunguskas still have a bit of life in them and plenty of other things are more sorely in need of modernization so I would probably suggest not before 2025 as a vague guess.... Especially if there is any temptation to maybe unify chasis with Armata or Kurganets
It is somewhat hard to have exact year of introduction for new weapons systems. So, sadly, I'm just guessing....
Please teach AI everything!
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

Ok. Cruising on the highway, 250 km\the capacity of the fuel tanks 140 L- ASU-57
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

ASU-85-Fuel consumption on the road: 110 l / 100 km, Cruising range on the highway, km 360
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

If you need technical support - I will be happy to help.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

russ1000 wrote:If you need technical support - I will be happy to help.
Thank you, I'll contact you when I start adding this. If you have knowledge on other missing units (or the new ones I have missed), give me a note!
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

I will gladly provide you with any available data on available units (except for the secret) :lol: . There are many more unpublished ones.
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

Another tank-Russian IT-1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IT-1
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

russ1000 wrote:Another tank-Russian IT-1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IT-1
This one is on my list :D
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

Ok. There will be more suggestions :-) .
russ1000
Brigadier Gen.

Post by russ1000 »

SU-7 fighter-bomber please. The model is.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Okay just started a playthrough as Japan with your mod :D

I noticed some techs are missing localization. They are earler techs, i'm unsure which. Could probably look them up if I wasnt at work xD
But they give +1% consumer good production and +1% healthcare. they are like, late ww2-era techs.

Also I noticed Russia is actually building T-54's! So this is good :D They are still building a lot of heavies though. Russia still loving the IS-6 :/
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

bowtie wrote: Jun 19 2018 Okay just started a playthrough as Japan with your mod :D
The best way to go :D
bowtie wrote: Jun 19 2018 I noticed some techs are missing localization. They are earler techs, i'm unsure which. Could probably look them up if I wasnt at work xD
But they give +1% consumer good production and +1% healthcare. they are like, late ww2-era techs.
That might be the case. I have not updated tech file for a while so I think it is obsolete (but usable). But stock tech file is fully compatible with the mod and (probably) localised.
bowtie wrote: Jun 19 2018 Also I noticed Russia is actually building T-54's! So this is good :D They are still building a lot of heavies though. Russia still loving the IS-6 :/
AI is now kinda forced to build and research T-54s in order to be able to research/build T-55 and following models in the line. Also, T-54/55s are now more atractive to the AI, but it might still chose to build heavies (which is a good thing) depending on the AI stance (offensive/defensive/mixed) and entries in the AIparamas file.
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other changes, only got an hour or so to play last night :D

Hopefully us/russia actually researches some planes and nukes.

I did notice though, that some units have different models. Was that a conscious change? One I noticed was the japanese Hayabusa. It no longer has the green model with red roundels.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

bowtie wrote: Jun 19 2018 I did notice though, that some units have different models. Was that a conscious change? One I noticed was the japanese Hayabusa. It no longer has the green model with red roundels.
That's probably because BG assigned new models (made by Nerei) to dozens of units and Zuikaku would have to update his .unit file to see those models.

Zuikaku, I can send you the list of unit ID's and new picnums for all those units...throw me a PM if you are interested.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

If you want a complete list of models I have made I actually have a google spreadsheet listing them. Yes it is a new thing and in-progress is not exhaustive.

link

Red cells are locked as I have had problems in the past with people vandalizing documents left open (and people should not need to edit the information in those cells anyway) but you are free to mess around with it like BG is. It is as much a modding resource as it is a tool for BG.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”