3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by number47 »

How many models did you said few pages back that you have partially done? :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Around 30-40 I think was my estimate. This however is assuming some of the older ones need to be reworked to the point where it is just as much work as making a new one and I am not counting those where I am not sure how much reworking is required. If we include those it is probably closer to 80.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Could you be persuaded to make a X region texture for J-10? That way, the j-10 model could be used for project NA-1 (Yu Supersonic) since it is very close in appearance...

And while I'm shamelessly making requests, at some point in the future when the unfinished models count falls to acceptable level, would you be interested in making Saab Jas-39 Grippen and Specat Jaguar airplanes? :wink:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Something like this?

I will add the others to my spreadsheet but no promises on when they might be completed
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Maybe a little smaller roundels?
The one on the sides should be around 35% of body/frame height where they are situated (ignoring the tail fin) and the wing one should be also around the same size. Could you make another example?

EDIT: or if I'm nitpicking, you can leave it as your first suggestion. Anyway, thanks for considering my request in the first place! :-)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

This is just manipulating the scale of 3 merged groups. That is a few minutes work max.
It is not like you are asking me to create some crazy 8 tone camouflage pattern for it.
Yes apparently such a pattern exist
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Nerei wrote: May 02 2018 This is just manipulating the scale of 3 merged groups. That is a few minutes work max.
This is great! Thanks. Will you make the file downloadable now or together with the next release?
Nerei wrote: May 02 2018It is not like you are asking me to create some crazy 8 tone camouflage pattern for it.
Yes apparently such a pattern exist
lol, didn't know acid was used in France that early in 20 century :lol: :lol:
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Sure.
I have made a few changes to the base and C variant also so I recommend also downloading those.
link

I have included the updated AH-1S textures.

Just for the record I am not going any 8 tone interwar french tank textures. The PRC 4 tone digital camouflage is probably the most complex I will do.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Thanks a lot!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I might just put up simple texture additions like that. I can do all of that in Photoshop and just put it in dropbox.

T-55 lineup
From right to left basic worn model, Russian/Soviet (R), PRC (C), Indian (Q), Middle eastern (Z) and east European (T).
Region group T is just as much to avoid having all cold war Warsaw pact members outside the USSR run with beat up rusty T-55's.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

So the "basic worn model" is international texture? If for example, I wanted to use T region texture for X region, I could just copy the texture file and change T with X and it should work?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Basically yes but you can also show me what a region group X T-55 should look like and I will make it.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Well, all X region armor was basically simple light olive green all over...like this
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Alright I will try and create one. If there are other regional variants for the T-55 needed please let me know.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have mentioned the F-22 a few times. Here is the initial model with a US and Japanese regional variant. No other versions including generic so far.
I have also included a still incomplete Su-57 (the main things being the engines and shading). The engines are the ones found on the T-50 prototype which from what I understand is not intended to be the final option but as I have no reference for this and with the scale these will be used at it should be manageable.
Yes the Japanese version is fictive but so is a still incomplete Israeli version. If anyone got ideas for fictive versions of the F-22 other than IDF and JSDF versions feel free to suggest them

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”