3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

The trafalgar model is made by SGTscuba and converted by BG.

If you want to adjust the scale it is last value for entry 522 in default.picnums. You do not need to recompile when adjusting that file. Just change it and reload a save-game and it will be updated.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think the Trafalgar was done by a different modder. I though I'd set it's scale properly.

[edit: end of page fooled me]

Anyone have an opinion on what the value should be?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

What should we compare it against? The new great war models or the old modern ones? It appears with the great war ships that you in general are going for smaller ship models. Is this a general trend that should be carried over to the more modern models?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If we became inconsistent, it wasn't intentional. I'd compare it to models use for other subs of a similar era.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Allright so models such as Akula and 688i.

I guess it might also be worth looking at the great war models then. Some really are like half the size they should be.
Here is an old screenshot I made when the scale of Fuso was brought up. Notice the ship in-front of the tennessee model? That is the Nagato using the dreadnought model if my memory is correct. The tiny models next to it are great war era destroyers.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I must admit I am starting to feel like this is a bit more of a chore than a hobby. It probably does not help that I have pushed fairly hard to get work done on vehicles such as the ZTZ-96B.

Given the situation and the real risk I will burn out on this I find the best approach is to scale back and vary my spare-time activities a bit Which is what I plan to do.

So really this is just to let you all know that there will probably not be too much for some time.
I still plan on finishing the my collection of incomplete models (the ones of sufficient quality at least) and more but it will be at a significantly reduced output at least for some time
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 21 2018 I think the Trafalgar was done by a different modder. I though I'd set it's scale properly.

[edit: end of page fooled me]

Anyone have an opinion on what the value should be?
I had a little play around and settled on 1.9 its still slightly smaller that the Swiftsure I pictured it next to even though its a bigger sub but anything bigger didn't look right guess that's down to the different models though.

Trafalgar at top

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1454668707

Its quite white considering not sure what thats all about
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Jul 25 2018 I must admit I am starting to feel like this is a bit more of a chore than a hobby. It probably does not help that I have pushed fairly hard to get work done on vehicles such as the ZTZ-96B.

Given the situation and the real risk I will burn out on this I find the best approach is to scale back and vary my spare-time activities a bit Which is what I plan to do.

So really this is just to let you all know that there will probably not be too much for some time.
I still plan on finishing the my collection of incomplete models (the ones of sufficient quality at least) and more but it will be at a significantly reduced output at least for some time
The fact you have done this much is quite something the models you have brought into the game are terrific thanks for being honest and your work so far be great if you finish what you started but no rush
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Tweaked Trafalgar for next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Balthagor wrote: Jul 27 2018 Tweaked Trafalgar for next update.
Thanks Chris!

Keep up the good work Nerei!
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Like I said I still plan on finishing the ongoing models and more. I will just not be doing as many 7 in the evening to 2 at night days.

For one I have made a bit more for PLAN

Still short another 2 submarines and 9 surface combatants though if I am to make all I am planning. That is on top of the models here that are not finished.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Jul 27 2018 Like I said I still plan on finishing the ongoing models and more. I will just not be doing as many 7 in the evening to 2 at night days.

Still short another 2 submarines and 9 surface combatants though if I am to make all I am planning. That is on top of the models here that are not finished.
These really do look great did you have any western/uk designs left to finish? i know we mentioned a few some of which are in game which is great cant remember what others where spoken about?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

What you want to call western might vary from person to person but I will assume it is North America, NATO/US aligned Europe during the cold war and Israel.

Note this is written solely from memory and might not be entirely accurate

CVN-65 Enterprise
1980's Iowa (Missouri technically)
SCB 125 Essex
Queen Elizabeth class STOVL aircraft carrier
Type 45 Destroyer
California class missile cruiser
Long Beach class missile cruiser
Leopard I (not very far along)
M1134 ATGM vehicle
Merkava IV
Chieftain (not very far along) - I mainly picked this one due to the quite distinct urban camouflage.
Namer (mainly just parts ripped from the Merkava so far)
Some version of the HEMTT
AMX-13 (not very far along)
AMX-30 (not very far along)
XB-70A Valkyrie (not very far along)
Vanguard class SSBN (not very far along)
Grumman F-14D (ancient model - might be redone)
Boeing F-18E (ancient model - might be redone)
Lockheed P-2 Neptune
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Thats quite a list I look forward to them models coming into game when ever that might be.
was the f-35 a deliberate omission?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The F-35 is an oversight. As mentioned I wrote that list from memory as the online one does not include everything and admitted I did not bother checking it.

As for the length of the list my guess is that with everything I have going on for the PRC the PLAGF/PLAN list is longer.
Cold war and modern Japan is probably also up there in length although models such as JS Maya and JS Asahi are low priority.
no idea where Russia are in terms of model numbers. I would have to properly check that.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”