Qwerty's Modern Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Qwerty's Modern Mod

Post by number47 »

jakers wrote:
Ukraine and Georgia 7 or 8 (these also hate Serbia in the game, more than anyone, but it makes no sense, these countries are in ok'ish relations with Serbia)

Croatia, Bosnia (non-Serbian part), Turkey and Albania should be about 2
With so close relations with Russia with which I would agree (maybe not 10 but definitively 8 ), I seriously doubt Serbian relations with Georgia or Ukraine should be that high. I can even hardly see them as neutral at best especially Ukraine where Serbian volunteers joined the fight on the rebellious side of the current war...

As for the relations between Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, even though tensions get very high when there are elections near (in either of the three countries) and politicians play their best card to stir sh*t up, I don't think relations are so bad that it would merit so low score like countries are at the verge of war...

My two cents :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
qwerty2316
Sergeant

Post by qwerty2316 »

jakers wrote:-snip-
Thanks for the lengthy comment.
I've been busy recently due to a bunch of things, but I'll try to get to this when my schedule calms down next week (?).

The Balkans aren't terribly high on my priorities list for the mod right now, for what's probably understandable reasons, but I'll try to do some stuff with them in-between everything else.
Thankfully, I've put a bunch of documentation in the relevant file (you can look for yourself in MW2017.csv), so it should be fairly easy.

A few points though:
-I don't know enough about changing loyalty to promise anything on that front. One of these days I'll hopefully figure that out, but for right now adding that stuff would be impossible. Also, I don't know how much of that I want to add. Getting everything authentic feeling would be great, but I also don't want to screw up the map by adding dots of different loyalties everywhere that look terrible after using the "liberation" option.
-Placing units in Kovoso is rather easy from an effort standpoint, but I'm a bit squeamish towards placing troops around the map and even more-so in another country's territory. I've thought about doing that for some US carriers too (though, as of the start date, none were far away from the US). This is just one of those things I'll have to playtest once to get the feel of it (which is the difficult part).
-If I do mess with the Balkans, I would probably couple it with an overhaul of the OOB of at least Serbia and Montenegro for the next update. If you happen to have more specific information about that and/or the NATO troops stationed there, it would be appreciated.
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

number47 wrote:
jakers wrote:
Ukraine and Georgia 7 or 8 (these also hate Serbia in the game, more than anyone, but it makes no sense, these countries are in ok'ish relations with Serbia)

Croatia, Bosnia (non-Serbian part), Turkey and Albania should be about 2
With so close relations with Russia with which I would agree (maybe not 10 but definitively 8 ), I seriously doubt Serbian relations with Georgia or Ukraine should be that high. I can even hardly see them as neutral at best especially Ukraine where Serbian volunteers joined the fight on the rebellious side of the current war...

As for the relations between Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, even though tensions get very high when there are elections near (in either of the three countries) and politicians play their best card to stir sh*t up, I don't think relations are so bad that it would merit so low score like countries are at the verge of war...

My two cents :D
(A little offtopic, but I'll keep it short, it might be a interesting story and I'd like to share it :) )

We have a funny thing going on here about our geopolitics, the people love Russia, there's not a single patriotic/nationalist protest that doesn't have at least one Russian flag waving (there's even a mixed Russian Serbian design flag that is being waved sometimes) and if you had a presidential election with Putin as a candidate, he'd receive a huge majority, beating any Serbian politician. As you said there are volunteers in Donbass fighting on the Russian side, Russian volunteers fought on the Serbian side in the 90's,etc...

However, and this is the weird part, the Serbian politicians are majority pro-EU, the parliament is also majority pro-EU, pro Russian parties have barely 20% of the parliament, if even that. Officially the government says that they are neutral and that they want good relations with both west and east, but the main geopolitical goal is to join EU, they even signed IPAP and SOFA (transport and dipl-immunity) agreements with NATO, but didn't sign anything comparable with Russia. They organize let's say 10, 15 military exercises with NATO, but only 2 or 3 with Russia per year.

So you have a extremely pro-Russian population and a relatively pro-western government, that has to play the Russian card from time to time (not impose sanctions on Russia for example) and as a result, Serbia doesn't recognize neither Crimea as part of Russia, nor does it recognize independence of Ossetia and Abkhazia, it even arrested Serb volunteers that fought in Donbass, but it still has good relations with Russia due to what people think of Russia. So that is how it manages to keep good relations with Ukraine and Georgia, crazy, isn't it? :)

As for Croatia and Bosnia, with Croatia Serbia exchanges harsh words every few weeks or months, but there's not a territory in Serbia or Croatia that the other side wants (except a micro patch along Danube), so there wouldn't really be a point in a war, so yeah, maybe the relations shouldn't be 2/10, let's say...3.5/10, maybe 4/10. With Bosnia you have the Serbian part of Bosnia and Serbs and Bosnian muslims don't really like each other, the president of the Serbian part (Republic of Srpska) occasionally gives anti-NATO and anti-Bosnia comments, that could be interpreted as small steps to independence and independence of Rep. of Srpska could cause a real war in Bosnia, but all that is hard to model in the game, so maybe...3/10 if not 2/10. :)
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

qwerty2316 wrote:
jakers wrote:-snip-
-If I do mess with the Balkans, I would probably couple it with an overhaul of the OOB of at least Serbia and Montenegro for the next update. If you happen to have more specific information about that and/or the NATO troops stationed there, it would be appreciated.
Sure, but what exactly? I could also help with some neighboring ex-Yugoslav countries as well.

About Kosovo, the NATO's mission there is called KFOR, there's a lot of info on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_Force , also here are some random details I know, you may get a use of some of them.

- There is a huge American military base called Bondsteel near the city of Urosevac/Ferizaj (first is Serbian, second Albanian name, don't remember whose names the game uses, but you can google the exact location, it's gigantic). Americans in Kosovo don't have any heavy equipment, only Humwees, about a dozen Blackhawk choppers and there's about 1000 of their soldiers, so 3 american medium infantry game units in Bondsteel could be fine, plus maybe a unit of the Blackhawks. (On wikipedia it says that there's just 600 american soldiers, but they recently had a addition of some 200, 300 soldiers I think, maybe more)

- In city of Prizren there is a large German base, 700 soldiers, they have the Fuchz APC. Also in Prizren there is a smaller Turkish base with about 300 soldiers, so 1 medium infranty game unit.

- The biggest NATO country contributor is actually Itally, 2500 soldiers, located in city of Pec, north from Prizren. They have some lighter APC's, not sure which ones.

The bases I counted are just the hubs in which most soldiers are located, but there are a bunch of smaller bases with American, German, French, Italian, Turkish, Austrian... soldiers around the place. It would probably the easiest to just put 3 american infantry units in Bondsteel and not worry about the rest. :)

--

Serbia

There's a lot of stuff on wikipedia, but in short...Serbia has about 212 M-84 and 13 T-72M tanks in active service and another 50-100 of mostly M-84's in reserve. It also has up to 400 or 500 T-55's in reserve. It also has 320 (active) + 230 (reserve) BVP M-80 IFV's.

There are 4 brigades and each has about 50 M-84 tanks and 80 m-80's. The ,,4.th brigade" that is located around Kosovo has the 13 T-72m's. Reserves are probably spread everywhere. There are smaller and bigger bases in a lot of cities, but brigades are spread from north to south, so just put the units anywhere where it seems to make sense. Most artillery, which is present in the game already, should be in city of Nish (near Bulgaria), that's where the artillery brigade is located and all heavy arty weapons are there.

There are just 3 or 4 flyable export versions of MiG 29B, but in autumn Serbia is supposed to receive 6 MiG 29A's and UB's from Russia, so in the end there is going to be about 10 MiG 29's of various variants, mostly "A" I think. There's less than 10 working MiG 21's. 20-40? Aerospatiale Gazzele choppers, 10-30? working Orao ground attack planes, maybe 10 Super Galeb trainer-light ground attack planes and that's about it, some Mi-8's, AN-26's and so on, but they don't comprise even 5 units, so it's not enough for a squadron to be present in the game.

Number of soldiers is 20 to 40 thousand, depending on who you ask.

--

Montenegro

Montenegro is mostly infantry oriented, some 2 or 3 thousand soldiers, here's some of the equipment they have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... #Equipment , Montenegro is a NATO member from june or july of this year, so that's the most important fact about them.
qwerty2316
Sergeant

Post by qwerty2316 »

Hello, I found a bit of time and motivation to work on this mod. Didn't get around to a lot of the changes I was hoping to, but I did mess with the Balkans a bit.
Thanks to jakers for the help.

DOWNLOAD
Version 1.25:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7jj8yl26pav4 ... 25.7z?dl=0

Diplomacy:
-Changed relations between Serbia and other countries.
-Changed relations between Kosovo and other countries.
-US, Germany, and Italy allied with Kosovo.

Military:
-OOBs of Kosovo and Serbia overhauled.
-US, German, and Italian troops placed around Kosovo.

Misc:
-ORBAT files no longer overwrite vanilla files, so they are now included in the mod.
-Increased documentation in the file for diplomatic relations. Now you can easily find the section for a specific country by putting a '-' before the name.
For instance, if you want to edit Serbia's diplomatic opinions, just CTRL+F and type in '-Serbia' and it should bring you to the correct section. This is in addition to being able to type 'Serbia' to find all entries for both inbound and outbound relations.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

As part of my original plans for my modern Japan model pack I was considering making and updated version of 2017 or 2020 with better unit list and placement.

This never happened but I still have some of my notes. If you want them I can try and rewrite them so they are almost understandable to normal human beings as well as try and add missing parts.

I am just bringing this up as I found them going through my mod archive and thought you might be interested in it. I am probably never going to get around to it so I might as well try and pass it on to someone that might.
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

jakers wrote: Romania has a huge Hungarian minority, so...you know the drill.
First of all "huge" and "minority" don`t go well together and secondly, 6% is not huge imo, but as I remember from playing SR2020 as Romania, the Hungarian-Romanian relations were indeed unrealistically good. Which doesn`t say much though, as most other relations Romania had (including with Serbia which oddly you`ve skipped) are either too good or too bad. For example, from what I remember Kosovo loved Romania in SR2020 which is odd considering that Romania is among a handful of EU countries refusing to recognize it. On the other hand, all the countries with which Romania has strategic partnerships (like the USA, UK, France etc.) were on the bring of hating Romania. Overall I think most of these are a consequence of Romania being put in the Red sphere which even in game terms is wrong since the other neighboring countries that are part of EU and NATO do not have this handicap as far as I remember. Worth checking the SRU CVP file to see what the influence and influenceval sections of Romania mention.
mm38
Private

Post by mm38 »

One I've noticed whilst playing is that Canada and ISIL's relationship is cordial and they're not enemies. Might want to change that as in real Canada has had a spate of terror attacks most of them being clamed by ISIL, Canada is also involved in the fight against ISIL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... ainst_ISIL) Also why is the relationship between France and UK hostile even though they're in the NATO alliance? They're great friends in real, apart from those two issues it's a pretty good mod. Good job.
qwerty2316
Sergeant

Post by qwerty2316 »

mm38 wrote:One I've noticed whilst playing is that Canada and ISIL's relationship is cordial and they're not enemies. Might want to change that as in real Canada has had a spate of terror attacks most of them being clamed by ISIL, Canada is also involved in the fight against ISIL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... ainst_ISIL) Also why is the relationship between France and UK hostile even though they're in the NATO alliance? They're great friends in real, apart from those two issues it's a pretty good mod. Good job.
Thanks!
Yeah, unfortunately with the way diplomacy is structured it's difficult to make sure everything is accurate. I think the Canada-ISIS thing is just the default setup and I need to override it, I probably should start Canada at war with ISIS anyway, I just chose to focus on the major players instead. I have no idea why the U.K. and France dislike each other though, as that should have been explicitly overwritten by the same code that made NATO. I'm going to be busy this afternoon, but I'll try to look over it if/when I have time.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

This mod is awesome. However, you know Montenegro joined NATO June 5th 2017. It isn't part of NATO in the mod. Just- thought I'd let you know. So you can fix that. I would do it my self but I have no clue how to do it.
Last edited by bob12333 on Oct 31 2017, edited 1 time in total.
NBC095
Corporal

Post by NBC095 »

amazing mod. I´m having lots of fun with it. Now ruling the world is a real challenge.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Is there no way I can build my own cache file using this mod?

every time I try it takes like 10sec's then if I do use the file everything in game is screwed up!
Spetsnaz Gaming
Captain

Post by Spetsnaz Gaming »

Best mod in this game
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

sparky282 wrote:Is there no way I can build my own cache file using this mod?

every time I try it takes like 10sec's then if I do use the file everything in game is screwed up!
Yeah I've tried too as well. the game keeps on getting screwed up. Also does anyone know how to edit alliances in the game (like which files I would I need to edit and the layout of the files as well as - I think it is the OOF file but I don't understand the layout )? IF I could I would fix this mod so that Montenegro is in Nato. Also make North Korea aggressive.
anash
Sergeant

Post by anash »

How do I install version 1.25? There are more than 3 folders for me to drag

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”