Rome of the North, a Supreme Ruler alternate history mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Rome of the North, a Supreme Ruler alternate history mod

Post by Cdiplayer »

Greetings all! For the past two months I have been working on a new mod for Supreme Ruler Ultimate. This mod is actually based off of a Paradox Interactive mega campaign that I did a while back that ran from Crusader Kings 2 all the way through Hearts of Iron 4. The basic idea is this, after the fall of the Roman Empire, rather than Europe remaining divided the dark ages are cut short by the rise of the Normans, who form a new Empire, this time in Northern Europe. This empire adopts many of Rome's customs and eventually expands around the world in the age of discovery and colonialism. However, due to the size and security of the Empire's borders there is less reason to colonize the New World, and so some Native American nations (such as the Inca and Aztecs) survive as satellite states rather than directly controlled colonies.
So to explain, so far I have only worked on Europe. The big blue nation is the aforementioned "Northern Rome", the large nation in southern Russia is Great Tartary (In this timeline the Golden Horde was never defeated, but rather became a satellite state of the Empire and eventually transformed into a modern, secular nation known as "Great Tartary"), and the nation in the Ukraine is Gothic Ruthenia. (In this timeline the Goths were never chased out of the Ukraine). I will be further transforming Europe's borders over the coming days, some things to look forward to include:
Epirus
Castille
Aragon
Etruria
The Papal States
Transdanubia
Venice
Savoy
Anyway, dunno if anyone will find this interesting, certainly not a mod anyone asked for, I'll admit this mod was created entirely out of my desire to continue my Paradox mega campaign into the 21st century.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Rome of the North, a Supreme Ruler alternate history mod

Post by evildari »

Sounds interesting - the timeline is modern times if i read it right...
ie. no battleship-sinking phalanxes, but battleship-sinking submarines right ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

EVILDARI wrote:Sounds interesting - the timeline is modern times if i read it right...
ie. no battleship-sinking phalanxes, but battleship-sinking submarines right ?
Yes, the timeline starts in 1914. The first 30 years or so will be recreating events from the Hearts of Iron 4 part of my campaign, in which China rises to become a superpower. From 1950 on the game will focus on a Cold War between the East and the West.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well, progress continues. I have now divided up Greece into several pieces. Above me is the Duchy of Athens.
The Kingdom of Morea
The Despotate of Epirus
Greater Macedonia
The Duchy of Naxos
And lastly, Crete.
I am going to be adding the Latin Empire later today.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Welp, more progress. If anyone would like to see screenshots from the end of my actual Paradox mega campaign in HOI4 I can post those.
In my Paradox mega campaign Iraq formed Babylonia, so I have renamed them accordingly.
Thanks to Europe being more united in this timeline various crusader states, such as the Kingdom of Jerusalem, survived into the 20th century.
This is a puppet state of the Empire of Couplandia. The Empire of Couplandia is the name of the Rome of the north btw.
This is Transcaucasia, yet another Couplandian puppet state.
This is Great Tartaria, in this timeline the Golden Horde never collapsed, but rather was reformed.
Lastly, the Latin Empire, a crusader state/puppet state of Couplandia.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Image Venice, Etruria, and the Papal States are now in Supreme Ruler!
Image Currently in the process of adding Irish states, so far I have Connacht and Munster
Image I have also added a new flag to the Ukraine, and renamed it to Gothic Ruthenia.
Image The Republic of Venice, with her two colonies, Crete, and the Dodecanese.
Image The Papal States.
Image Munster.
Now that Europe's borders are more or less set, I think it is time to begin work on the new world!
Here is a screenshot from the end of my mega campaign that should give you a preview of what to expect!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Nice - just go on - only 6 digit hexes to repaint.
Will you solve some of the weird merchantmarine - pathfinding issues near leningrad by painting the river deltas as land ?
Also will any of the (at least minor) regions have some units at the same tech levels as major regions ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

evildari wrote:Nice - just go on - only 6 digit hexes to repaint.
Will you solve some of the weird merchantmarine - pathfinding issues near leningrad by painting the river deltas as land ?
Also will any of the (at least minor) regions have some units at the same tech levels as major regions ?
I will try solving the Leningrad pathfinding issues. As for your second question, yes some minor regions will have units at the same tech levels as major regions. I am going to be adding new units as well, at least for Couplandia. Some of my plans for new units include nuclear submarine aircraft carriers, land cruisers, and modern super battleships and battlecruisers. I am also going to add the Nicaragua canal, and possibly some colonies in Antarctica. Neither of these were in my mega campaign, but I confess, with such a powerful map editor the urge to do crazy **** is strong. :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Holy cow, After spending all night on this, I have finished North and South America, and gotten started on Asia.
These are all of Couplandia's colonies around the world.
The Caribbean has been united into the West Indies
The Inca Empire lives!
As do the Arapaho
Cherokee Nation
China starts the game in a civil war with the Qing Empire, the Heaven Kingdom of Eternal Peace, Mongolia, and Manchuria.
Heaven Kingdom of Eternal Peace. (yes, they were a real "nation" that rebelled against China in the 1800s)
The Maya Confederacy survives
A South American tribal nation
another one
The Aztec Empire has survived into the 20th century, note that Mexico City is now Tenochtitlan.
And lastly, the Hurons.
There are more, but I am exhausted, so I think I will go to bed and post the rest tomorrow.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well, the map is finally finished, now I am merely adding events and alliances.
There are also a handful of flags left to add, but I have to actually make them first. :D
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Working on a new version of this mod, set in 2020, now that my campaign has concluded. I am going to include Antarctic colonies in this version!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Do you plan on hosting multiplayer sessions with this weirdass map? Could be fun!
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

This mod looks pretty neat, was this ever finished? I would love to take a look at it.
the_raven
Corporal

Post by the_raven »

So, can we download it or not?
Dada cannot live in New York. All New York is dada, and will not tolerate a rival.
- Man Ray

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”