SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SteamSupreme
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod

Post by SteamSupreme »

SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod v1.2
#1 Post by SteamSupreme » August 2 2018 Supports Default.UNIT as of 9.1.7.6
==========================================================================

1. In the Zip is DEFAULT.UNIT and it is the mod file to be copied into C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\
--x5 cost to build ALL except buildings units with $CASH$, crew, Uranium, Fuel, wieght, transport capability and ammo.
( FYI the transport capability has been increased 5x to accomidate resupply, however weight of units for transport purposes has been increased 5x as well)
NO other changes (rescending any other changes in previous mod versions)

Requiring 5x these things for build of any UNITS should keep the game more manageable later on.
Reserves take longer to deploy as more manpower is needed for crew.

The idea is to slow up a bit the mass production of units so the game does not drag in later stages.
The guess is instead of 2000 units piled up somewhere by the AI, it will be closer to 500.

2. To use the SRU_5xCASH.zip:

(yes you have to cache yourself, file size limit for attachments)
rename DEFAULT.UNIT, usually found in but not always C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\ to DEFAULT.bakUNIT or copy that file to another location. The archive includes a DEFAULT -ORI 9.1.7.6.UNIT (original from v 9.1.7.6).
From the.zip archive, copy into the DATA fldr the DEFAULT.UNIT file.

3. Go to rename D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\SR1936.SAV to SR1936_ORI.SAV (or other xx.SAV found there you want the mod to work on,
ie MA2020.sav is for Make America Great,
SR1942.sav is for 1942 World in Flames)
2. Run game>singleplayer>SANBOX>1936 Germany>start
nothing appears to happen (building cache.sav file, )
When goes to Main screen with player profile on it, the cache is done building.

3. Go to savegame folder often found in C:\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame\CACHED - C193603GER.SAV
cut CACHED - C193603GER.SAV
Paste in c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\
rename CACHED - C193603GER.SAV to SR1936.SAV

4. Run game>singleplayer>CAMPAIGN or SANDBOX>1936 (select start nation; set other variables) >start

To undo the procedure, copy back all the saved files from their archive location or rename them to their original titles, else verify integrity of game files (in Steam).

DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser was used to assist in checking this file, THANKS BattleGoat

FYI In as of 9.1.7.6, two aircraft have been removed from DEFAULT.UNITs by devs, (probably redundant) so if modding/ mass editing in Excel or Open Office; the columns for aircraft have to be shifted to compensate.
10221," ""MiG-21R Fishbed-H Recce
13904," ""Yun-8 ELINT""
---------

5x $CASH$, crew, Uranium, Fuel, weight, transport capability and ammo for all units (excluding buildings) as of 9.1.7.6
SRU_5xCASH_v1_2.zip
(file below is obsolete pending system deletion)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SteamSupreme on Aug 03 2018, edited 10 times in total.
Des
Corporal

Re: SteamSupreme's 5x more $CASH$ to build DEFAULT.UNIT mod

Post by Des »

Can i have the version of DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser or whatever other tool you used to make edits to thousands of these units? I find it pretty impressive you got that program to work, i couldnt figure out how to use it for SRU.

Also if you have a discord or mind giving out your steam i'd love to give some suggestions on how to improve this mod, like raising the health of units to balance out more personal being in them and inflating the casualties from combat, along with a couple questions.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

desatanica wrote: Jul 19 2018 Can i have the version of DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser or whatever other tool you used to make edits to thousands of these units? I find it pretty impressive you got that program to work, i couldnt figure out how to use it for SRU.

Also if you have a discord or mind giving out your steam i'd love to give some suggestions on how to improve this mod, like raising the health of units to balance out more personal being in them and inflating the casualties from combat, along with a couple questions.
The main edits were made in Excel (Open Office will work too), saved as .cvs then the units copied out and pasted in default.units. It was then checked in DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser found in this thread to insure no weirdness, ie if it did not load or a unit was orphaned because of a quote typo it would appear at the end of the list in there.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=15979

The unit 5x more $CASH$ to build mod seems successful overall as late in the game from this 1936 start
the top nations still have under 2500 units overall in 1968:
USA Active 1983 Reserve 396
Italy Active 1799 Reserve 458
Germany Active 1615 Reserve 499
Japan (below, player controlled ) Active 467 Reserve 1415

No lag no drag
Japan1968UnitCount_s.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Des
Corporal

Post by Des »

You need to raise the cost of ships aswell, the fact that you can build a carrier for 29 million in cold war start date, but a fighter plane is 150-180 million is retarded. You can use your ships as AA and bombardment to kill infantry that cost more then them, it needs balancing.
Des
Corporal

Post by Des »

And there is unit bugs, like theres a motorized engineer for the US that costs 8 million per unit, and then the world wide motorized engineer costs 80 million for unit. And M3 half track infantry that costs 199million, while the Half track infantry (worldwide) costs 19 million. So you missed a couple unit files or something, and this is why i asked earlier if i can have your steam or anywhere else to get in contact with you, because i can help you fix these problems so i can implement this mod into my multiplayer games, because i like the concept alot.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

desatanica wrote: Jul 20 2018 And there is unit bugs, like theres a motorized engineer for the US that costs 8 million per unit, and then the world wide motorized engineer costs 80 million for unit. And M3 half track infantry that costs 199million, while the Half track infantry (worldwide) costs 19 million. So you missed a couple unit files or something, and this is why i asked earlier if i can have your steam or anywhere else to get in contact with you, because i can help you fix these problems so i can implement this mod into my multiplayer games, because i like the concept alot.
Check PM, do you know what those units are exactly? They can be checked by opening with the unit editor.
I left ships alone because the AI does not build many of them as it is, and if too expensive would build very few, but in multiplayer I can see the issue. When I get more time I could put a x5 ships as well.
You can easily test , let the AI manage your country(insure you have one like USA, England or another large or spread out one) and just let it run overnight to see how the AI performs.
EDIT
I'm surprised as to how well the AI does and WHAT they do, as Japan I would come in several hours later with the message that some region had abdicated and if i should colonize annex or set free. In my latest largely unattended game the USSR is gone with Hungary and Romania bordering Japan occupied USSR above Tibet.

Japan 1968 (autobuild set On for everything, Arms Race)
AI generally control everything, very little meddling unless to adjust buildings,
no new complexes built
Total 2070 reserve / 34 active
Land r 960/ a 15
Air r 689
Sea r 42 /a 319

--------------------------
Edit July 28 2018

The 5x ALL even for ships seems ok in the test AI games I ran so far.

If interested to make changes yourself to the default.units ie you want to try x3 or x10; here is an overview

Get Excel or OpenOffice
open default.units in Notepad ++ (or some other text editor)
paste in the data to Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheet
change data to sort into columns (check online for exact steps for each program, OpenOffice will give you an import window)
Locate the sections you want to change under Description for each Column;

ie My mod changes most of these values x5 EXCEPT for ships as explained earlier:
crewO, costAA, ig cost(complex only to handicap player)AB; URanium costAC; transport capacityAF(dont forget esle your supply vehicles cannot keep up); MoveRangeAG(increased for transports only); FuelCapacityAI; SupplyCapacityAK
(yes you can tinker endlessly)

Since the values are now in nice, neat columns, it can be copied
into a new spreadsheet and calculations set against it.
For example make all numbers in the COST column x5. If ships and buildings are to be included make ALL in that column x5, otherwise stop (as I did ) for the ships and buildings.

Typically the formula is in this format =AA10*5 where AA is the column you want multiplied, 10 is the starting row, *5 is the x5 multiplier.
Select the cell the first calculation is correctly applied a selection box is created and drag it down the column as far as you need clicking on the small black box the lower right corner in the selection box and the formula auto-applies. (for more info search for Multiply Columns automatically or openoffice multiply column or similar)

Paste the changed column back into the main spreadsheet (may have to "paste special" to paste only the changed numbers else the formula will paste in and recalculate, opps) .
Save sheet.
Save as (or export) as csv.
Open .csv in Notepad++ (text editor)
Check the quotes, they usually have to be changed from "" to " and find "" replace " takes care of that.
Copy ONLY the units /building section out of the .csv, the rest is incompatible with the game.
Paste that into the default.units, replacing that same section in there,

ie start copy
1,"Militia",0,731,25, , ,

all the way through to

21999,"Transport Rubble",21,340, , , ,2,0,0,0, , *,1, , , , , ,0,5, , , , ,10,1,1, , ,0,0,0, ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, , , ,15,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,1,0, , , ,0, , ,0, , , , ,0,0,0, , , , , , ,90, ,0, , , , ,
end copy
(if you added any units they may appear at the bottom of the file, include those in the copy/paste)

Check in unit editor utility to see if any weirdness (if it loads, it should be OK ingame).

cache process (see FYI below)
play and check the units
----

FYI IF for some reason the unit editor/browser crashes when trying to look at the file, insure the commas(at the end of each unit section) are no more, no less than 5 commas.
ie the last set commas 21999,"Transport Rubble" are 5( 90, ,0, , , , ,<<<no more no less than 5). This should be so for all the units/buildings If six commas, delete a column at the end of the spreedsheet file. Conversely, if only 4, add a column with the letter X in the cell normally used for the column description.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

Updated for 9.1.7.6 see post #1

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”