Making AI diplomacy much more real.

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Damian WSD
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Making AI diplomacy much more real.

Post by Damian WSD »

I have an idea.
Would it not be a good for a computer to be able to ask for military support in the event of a threat in its territory by another country?
I'm not thinking now about any country with political agreements, but about these without any and even with bad relations with us.
For example.
Someone wants to play by maintaining the status quo in the world or to build political and military position in the world. And we have an event: one country is attacking other, neutral for us country. And this neutral country ask us for military help, or we are giving our military support to preserve our best political business in the region.
So i'm thinking about something like that.😎

Russia is attacking Belarus. And Lukashenko does not like Poland. But i do not want Russia to come closer to my borders. And i can't do nothing to help and secure my own borders before Russia. In this situation it is good to keep the area (Belarus) separating from the threat. (Russia)
Jesus, my Lord, is my best way to live in thrue happiness.
Zuikaku
General

Re: Making AI diplomacy much more real.

Post by Zuikaku »

I agree diplomacy shoul'd be more vivid. Some random elements might help (like neutrals offering help to defending side,being it units, armies or money), resulting in relations bonuses.
Please teach AI everything!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

It's definitely a good idea, but unfortunately it's not really possible without some major changes. I'd love to see more involved diplomatic actions and effects, but I'm not sure what the odds of actually getting them are at this point primarily because it'd be pretty difficult to implement and balance in any reasonable timeframe. It'd pretty much be a major new feature and I assume take MUCH more work than it did for adding rails transport. Pretty much more of a wishlist item at this point I think.
Damian WSD
Sergeant

Post by Damian WSD »

So , maybe a new patch with these improvements ? ?+
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Damian WSD wrote: Jul 18 2018 So , maybe a new patch with these improvements ? ?+
Well that's what I'm saying, it's unlikely because it would be a major feature that would take longer to implement than the new rail feature did, and it would likely mean we get almost nothing else within that time frame. Not to mention they are still working on some other project which they haven't really declared yet, so I doubt they could devote the resources to it fully in the first place. I'm definitely with you on wishing it was possible, but I just don't think it is right now.
Damian WSD
Sergeant

Post by Damian WSD »

And event meaby you have rights. But only this small detail. It is always wise to hear what the winds says... not just only look at earnings.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”