Question about changing loyalty using the map editor

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Faisal Panezai
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Question about changing loyalty using the map editor

Post by Faisal Panezai »

Has anybody figured out how to mod loyalty across "blocks" using the map editor? Here's the problem I'm having: I'm giving a bit of Greek territory to Turkey, but I only want to change the loyalty, not the owner of the hex. This way, when I begin my game I have to take that land back via DOW, and I can neatly release any extra Greek territory back to them that isn't loyal to Turkey.

The problem is, I can't give it to region 6, block 9 (turkey) from region 11, block 14 (Greece), because... from what I understand.. while the hexs' loyalty and ownership can be chosen between different regions, the two regions must be from within the same block..?

Is the solution to this changing the block # assigned to Greece in the CVP file, or something similar?

Many thanks in advance if anybody can shed some light on this for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Question about changing loyalty using the map editor

Post by evildari »

screenshots not working again - so only words now:
you may just try the following in the mapeditor:
1. activate the loyalty filter
2. select with right click a hex with you want to edit
3. click on the left Loyalty number - in your screen shot it shows 14 - edit to that - the loyalty color changes to the greek one - even without changing anything else
4. if you like to have more of such hexes then enable the "i" infoset button - and unlock the lock, right click copies the data - left click paste it directly into map
5. try it in game if the loyalty is really the changed one
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Faisal Panezai
Sergeant

Re: Question about changing loyalty using the map editor

Post by Faisal Panezai »

Thanks for the input. What you suggested works perfectly, though the issue remains: Greece being in a different block (14) from Turkey (9), means if I change the loyalty to #9, it goes to Croatia (or Czech Rep. I can't remember exactly) - Croatia being #9 in block 14.

Its not a problem anymore though. I just ignored the issue because Croatia/Czech Rep are exiled/unrevived regions in the 1949 scenario.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”