Islamic State The Road to a World Caliphate

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jack16
Captain
Human: Yes

Islamic State The Road to a World Caliphate

Post by Jack16 »

Hello!

This is my first AAR so be prepared for errors from time to time in the posts, not always fancy pictures, and please excuse my English (its not my native language).

Islamic State - The road to a World Caliphate
Nation: Islamic State
National Anthem: My Ummah, Dawn Has Appeared - https://jihadology.net/wp-content/uploa ... ming22.mp3
Starting location: Syria and Iraq
Government: Democratic (but please use your imagination and think of it as a Caliphate or Theocracy)
Population: Aprox 8 million
Goal: A world governed by One World Caliphate
Mode: 2020 Global Crisis
Options: Everything is set to normal and nothing is changed (standard options)

Note: To developers or admins, please write to me if I use to bad language or use words that I should not use. The goal for this AAR is to make an immersive experience for the reader, and therefore I am going to use words and sentences that appear as statements of Islamic State spokemens or propaganda. I will not bring in any talk of ethnic cleansing, mass murder or graphical ways to kill off enemies, to honor and respect the targets, victims and casualties of the ongoing terror that the Islamic State is doing in the real world. If anyone do feel offendend, please write to me and I will change it. I do not support the Islamic State or sympathize with them, I have choosen this nation because of the challenge and the possibilities of a challenging AAR, besides I have used much of my spare time following their movement and how they have changed through time.

I have also changed some ingame features to increase the challenge and to make the Islamic State as a playable nation. Thanks to the Supreme Ruler community on Steam and here I have accomplished making every nation produce nearly unlimited amount of Industrial and Military goods. With those changes I also had to increase other productions like Ore, Coal, Petroleum, Electricity and Uranium, sadly I got some help on how to fix this after the saves to this AAR had come quite far. Nonetheless, the changes have so far made most nations much more challenging and they all seem much more powerfull than before. A little suprising consequence was that this increase of resource production also massively increased the income of money. All this is to increase the challenge and give smaller AI nations (and bigger nations after time) a better chance to survive and give some punch. I have also choosen to start without almost any tech (except those that is the very needed), so I do not have the option of producing any vehicles in the beginning. Again with the goal of increasing the challenge for me. BUT, to atleast give me a chance, I have given my self (Islamic State) almost half the amount of units of Syria.

With all of that being said, I cannot guarentee that this AAR will end in a final victory, but if it ends in a loss I will make the best out of it.

I hope you will be there untill the end!

The story so far:

The civil war in Syria started in 2015. The regime vs The Free Syrian army was the main factions that fought eachother the first 3 years. In 2018 the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant moved into Syria and conquered the city of Ar-Raqqah, placing strict Shari'a laws, which would also be maintained in other areas conquered. Originally an Al-Qaida division from Iraq, it decleared its Independence from the main Group. 2 years after this event, ISIL had conquered large areas in the east of Syria and destroyed all opposition in those provinces. Then 20. January 2020 they attacked Iraq and unleashed a blitz attack. The battles were few, the Iraqi army retreated without a fight. At this point Kurdistan more or less decleared their Independence, trying to save what little they had. Mujahideen forces could not be stopped, and now they were on the way to the Kurds Al Hasakah and the Iraqi cities of Ramadi, Tikrit and Mosul. The day after, 21. January 2020 the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant decleared himself Caliph Ibrahim, the leader of all muslims, and the declaration of the Islamic State. Muslims from all around the world join the new and the worlds only Caliphate.

Later that day, thousands of Jihadists posted pictures of alleged plans of what will be conquered by the Islamic State in the next 5 years. A so called "5 year plans of conquest".

21. January 2020. This is the beginning. The sword has been drawn. The Caliphate will spread its will.
Notes of pic:
Main forces of the Mujahideens is spread on the main connections to the frontline cities. Preparing to attack Al Hasakah in the north and then later Al Qamishli, to secure the northern parts of the newly established caliphate. The eastern forces would at the same time drive on to Ramadi and Tikrit. Tikrit have a special place in the heart of our Baathist allies, the hometown of their slain dictator, so we should do our best to ensure that the city will join the Caliphate by sword. Perhaps the Baathist officers could learn us to take our Jihad to the sky and the seas when time comes? In the west, Mujahideens are ready to take on the Assad forces in Aleppo, but many battles await for the Syrians are reluctant to lose such a big city.

28. January 2020. Mujahideen forces moving forward on all fronts.
Notes of pic:
The Kurdish control of Al Hasakah was weak, the YPG forces retreated before the Mujahideens arrival. At the same time there have been clashes between Safavid Iraqi forces and Mujahideens on the road to Ramadi. So far few losses, the suprise attack continues head on. While in the west, our Mujahideen forces have arrived just outside of Aleppo, securing land and area to the west of the city and preparing to wage Jihad upon the enemies inside and outside of the city. So far the reports suggest heavy positions of artillery units in and outside of the city.

1. February 2020. Continuing the march to Ramadi.
Notes of pic:
Safavid Iraqi forces is on the run, remaining forces is being bombarded by Mujahideen artillery units. Proceeding towards Ramadi.

1. February 2020. Liberating the birth city of the Iraqi Baathist past dictator.
Notes of pic:
Only one hour after the good news of the successful Jihad on the road to Ramadi, news spread of the Mujahideen forces futher north in the country. The Mujahideen forces arrived swiftly to Tikrit and killed all security personnel, police forces and garrisons. The Safavid Iraqi army was routing for the city, but when they arrived the welcome party was the sword of the Mujahideens. After some few hours of fighting, the enemy forces took to the bridge and escaped on it over the Tigris River.

1. February 2020. The sword is swung across Iraq.
Notes to pic:
The hour after the Liberation of Ramadi, Mujahideen forces pushed on futher in the north against Kurdish YPG forces. The Liberation of Al Qamishli is the last and most important part to secure the Caliphate and its northern provinces. At the same time Mujahideen forces continued a blitz Assault on the city of Mosul. Originally with the goal of freeing thousands of prisoners, the ending result was much more rewarding. The Safavid Iraqi forces completely retreated from the city, and so the flag of the Caliphate now swings high in all of Mosul.

2. February 2020. Continued fighting on the road to Ramadi
Notes to pic:
The Mujahideen forces continue their fight to Ramadi, while the Safavid Iraqi forces increased their military presence in the province. Iraqi jets bombed our positions, but we hold our ground and continue the fight against attacking Iraqi military convoys.
Last edited by Jack16 on May 04 2020, edited 9 times in total.
Jack16
Captain

Re: Islamic State The Road to a World Caliphate

Post by Jack16 »

The beginning of the road.

4. February 2020. The black gold is gold for the black flag.
Notes of pic:
The black flag sway in Mosul, and so it shall in the nearby areas. To secure the city of Mosul from Safavid Iraqi and Kurdish YPG forces, the surrounding areas must join the Caliphate. The first target is the Shaikan Oil Field, mainly to provide oil and fuel so that Our Jihad may continue.

5. February 2020. A bomb to the tomb.
Notes of pic:
The Safavid Iraqi forces have started several bombing runs over the city of Tikrit. There are even reports of bombs that nearly landed on the tomb of the Baathists dictator. At the same time the enemies forces are standing safe on the other side of the Tigris River. This is just another proof that Our enemies are weak and fear Our Mujahideens.

7. February 2020. The river cannot hold back the Mujahideens.
Notes of pic:
Two days after the bombings started, the Safavid Iraqi aerial attacks stopped. Our Mujahideens in Tikrit assembled and launched a suprise attack on the entrenching forces on the other side of the Tigris River. Once more the forces of Our enemies proved to be weak and was overwhelmed by the might of Our Jihad. Thanks to this victory, the city of Kirkuk was much closer and within the reach of the Caliphate's sword.

10. February 2020. The sword is swung on the city of Ramadi.
Notes of pic:
3 days after securing the bridge and the road east of Tikrit, the Ramadi forces of Mujahideens started the attack upon the city of Ramadi. The initial reports of the attack was positive, but later that day the Iraqi Safavid forces begun their bombing runs. From being a battle of guaranteed success, to a battle of survival.

11. February 2020. The attack turned into retreat.
Notes of pic:
Just one day of fighting the tides had turned entirely. More forces from the Iraqi military had arrived , but there were also a difference. The enemies numbers were to great. The reports suddenly made sense. The flag on the vehicles was not Iraqi, it was Egyptian. Egypt had joined the fight on the Safavid Iraqi side, that made them an enemy of the Caliphate. So the frontline expanded from being around a city to the west and south, into being a 100-200 km line. A line that had many holes on both sides.

11. February 2020. Kirkuk in sight.
Notes of pic:
Just because one front fails does not stop the Jihad to continue. The Mujahideen forces that crossed the Tigris River was fairly close to the city of Kirkuk. One of few cities with barracks in it, which gives the opportunity to make the city a base for Jihad in the whole province. There were also considerable less amount of enemy forces in the area, especially after the swift blow against the entrenching forces just 4 days earlier. This attack would only be one of many. First you raid them to sow fear into their heart and damages them, then fall back to muster the strength, and then at last make an all-out attack.

13. February 2020. Iraq is filled with terror.
Notes of pic:
While the battle continues on Our south-eastern front Our Mujahideens is clearing out the Iraqi border to Jordan. Several border patrols were dealt with by proper ways of Jihad. The Jihadi forces close to Kirkuk destroyed several enemy forces in their last raid and have moved back to positions to strengthen their forces, and to prepare them for more runs against the Iraqis. In time, the black flag will come to Kirkuk. The Caliphates forces in the west that were positioned outside of Aleppo had to do a strategic retreat futher to the east, mainly because of the artillery forces that daily bombed the positions of Our forces east of the city. In other news the population of the Caliphate have increased to almost 12 million, increasing the number of Jihadists within Our ranks.
Last edited by Jack16 on Jul 10 2017, edited 2 times in total.
LordCrusader8
Warrant Officer

Post by LordCrusader8 »

ISIS Allahu Akbar looking forward but want some Jihad Music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxo9iEX8W1c
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

In case I didn't read enough, can you please explain your interesting treasury to me? :P
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

LordCrusader8 wrote:ISIS Allahu Akbar looking forward but want some Jihad Music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxo9iEX8W1c
No no no, that is the infidels of Al-Qaida Music (I think xD), this is the Anthem of Our Caliphate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVvLpFbxPE !
Ater wrote:In case I didn't read enough, can you please explain your interesting treasury to me? :P
I think it was an effect of massive resource increase in the game files [_]O But I can live with it.
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

The Jihad continues to the Nusayri Regime of Assad.

14. February 2020. Mujahideen forces preparing to strike against Nusayri Syrian positions in Aleppo.
Notes of pic:
Nearly 5000 soldiers ready to strike the enemies positions in and outside of Aleppo. 4000 Mujahideens will attack the east of the city, while 1000 Mujahideens will attack from the north against positions just outside of the city. This will be one of many battles in this region, and for each battle the Nusayri Regime position is weakened in Aleppo and all of Sham.

14. February 2020. Caliphates soldiers ready to fight the Nusayri Regime in Aleppo.
Notes of pic:
One of many captured tanks and other armoured vehicles ready to strike in Aleppo.

16. February 2020. The first major blow against Nusayri Syrian positions in and outside of Aleppo.
Notes of pic:
The first attack on Aleppo have initiated. Heavy bombing on Caliphate's positions, but so far the battle is going good. When enough enemies have been defeated and the damages taken is too severe, Our Mujahideen forces will move back to safe locations, to once more prepare for more strikes.

19. February 2020. The black flag will very soon spread to the Capital of the Kurds.
Notes of pic:
While the front in the east of the Caliphate against Safavid Iraqi and Egyptian forces have turned into a real challenge to the Caliphate, Kurdistan is losing their grip of territory. Mujahideen forces is preparing to assault the city of Erbil, when such Jihad have succeeded, the forces will join a coordinated attack against Kirkuk where Mujahideens already have taken positions further south of the city.

21. February 2020. Mujahideens from Sham is sent to the eastern front.
Notes of pic:
BMP and older Russian tanks captured by Mujahideens from the Nusayri Regime in Sham is on the way to the eastern front. The front have fallen further back and is in dire needs of more Jihadists. Many martyrs have fallen in the battle to hold back the Safavid Iraqi and Egyptian forces, but the Caliphate will have the final victory. At the same time, Mujahideen forces have conducted fast attacks against Aleppo and is also currently marching towards the capital of Kurdistan, Erbil.

22. February 2020. No match to the Caliphates soldiers.
Notes of pic:
The Mujahideens attacked the few garrisons that was left in the city of Erbil. Most of the Kurds must have fled the country, but that leaves just more for the taking for Our Jihadists. The forces will await and muster their strength until they will move on to Kirkuk.

25. February 2020. Ambush is one of many forms of Jihad.
Notes of pic:
Our Mujahideen forces are regularly ambushing Safavid Iraqi and Egytpian military convoys on the path to the front from the city of Ramadi. Jihadists are taking good care of the amphibious personnel carriers captured of the Nusayri Syrian regime, using them to engage enemies across the river and then returning to safe positions. The only problem would be the Safavid Iraqi and now also Egyptian planes, but they seem more busy continually bombing Our positions on Our eastern front.

26. February 2020. Securing the road from Tikrit to Kirkuk.
Notes of pic:
The Mujahideens stationed in Tikrit help out the clearing of the roads towards Caliphates positions further towards Kirkuk, to prepare for the impending attack upon the city. The Safavid Iraqis will soon fail at Our eastern front when they loses their grip of the north.
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

My Ummah, the Great Safavid has appeared.

28. February 2020. The Islamic State parades through the city of Mosul.
Notes of pic:
The secured and liberated city of Mosul have now been a part of the Caliphate for 27 days. The black flag sways in the streets. Mujahideens parades in the city to show the might of the Caliphate, infront of applauding brothers and sisters.

29. February 2020. Third strike on the Nusayri Regime in Aleppo.
Notes of pic:
The third assault on Aleppo have once more weakened the Nusayri Syrian Regime in northern Syria. Mujahideen forces attacked from the east and vanquished the enemy troops positioned south of the city. Reports tell of heavy consentration of artillery brigades north and north-east of Aleppo. The soldiers of this Jihad will now return to safe positions to regain strength and return with the might of the Caliphate.

1. March 2020. Increased presence of Egyptian forces in the Safavid Iraqi territories.
Notes of pic:
The latest terror on the battlefield is now Egyptian jets. Latest presence of Egyptian forces in Iraq have only been of ground forces, this expansion into the sky shows that Our enemies feel stressed because of Our continued expansions into northern Iraq. But bombs cannot defeat the Mujahideens on Our eastern front, and we stand strong at Our positions, holding the line, with the black flag held high.

4. March 2020. By the blood of the rightous, Kirkuk will join the Caliphate.
Notes of pic:
Mujahideen forces from Erbil and south of Kirkuk have engaged the last remaining presence of Safavid Iraqi forces in the north of Iraq. It seems that the Safavid Iraqi forces have prioritized attacking Our eastern front instead of using effort to challenge us in the north.

5. March 2020. The black flag have now spread to Kirkuk.
Notes of pic:
The battle of Kirkuk only lasted hours. Several Martyrs was sent in and exploded their explosives to spread fear among the enemy and weakened their positions. After this first hour of the assault, the Safavid Iraqi soldiers melted away by the use of Our sword. The Caliphate now rule in Kirkuk.

6. March 2020. The Great Safavid snake has awaken.
Notes of pic:
When we first encountered Egyptian forces fighting among the Safavid Iraqi forces, the choice was clear, declaration of war against Egypt. What we now had infront of us was a much closer and powerful force, the Great Safavid nation of Iran. This turn of events was expected, as the ties of Iraq and Iran was pretty obvious, as they both being Safavid nations, but it was not expected to happen as early as this. Our Mujahideen forces was now holding ground in the south-west of Our Caliphate against possible Nusayri Syrian attacks, Our eastern front was stable at the moment. This changing situation needed fast acts. Mujahideens in Kirkuk was ordered to attack and hold as much territory east of the city as possible, until the Safavid Iranians would arrive.

8. March 2020. The Caliphate prepares to fight the Great Safavid nation of Iran.
Notes of pic:
It was all about getting there first. The Kurdish city of Sulaymaniyah was easily liberated and Mujahideen forces are now entrenching and preparing for the Safavid Iranian army to arrive. It is expected that Safavid Iranian Revolutionary Guards are the first troops that will go into battle against the Caliphate.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Interesting read...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

We will march forward never will we yield.

9. March 2020. Kurdistan and it's Peshmerga is no more.
Notes of pic:
After the loss of Kurdish city of Sulaymaniyah, the Kurds had no more cities left. By the sword, Kurdistan had fallen to the black flag. The same time as the news spread, Safavid Iraqi forces launched attacks against Mujahideen soldiers south of Kirkuk, hoping they could retake the city. The time of the attack was problematic, mainly because of our main Mujahideen forces in the province had entrhenched in Sulaymaniyah to hold back the Safavid Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

10. March 2020. Mujahideen tank engaging Safavid Iranian Revolutionary Guards positions just north of Erbil.
Notes of pic:
The Safavid Iranian forces have made a long and difficult front for us to maintain. Following Caliphate cities are currently under attack by Safavid Iranian forces: Mosul, Erbil and Sulaymaniyah. So far have our Mujahideen forces held back their attacks, but it seems that their greatest efforts is against Mosul. Jihadists from around the Caliphate will be sent into battle on this new and long front. In other news, the Safavid Iraqi forces that attacked Kirkuk from eastern positions have been forced to retreat, thanks to great efforts by Our Jihadists in the city.

11. March 2020. The winds of the Safavid blows strongest with Iran.
Notes of pic:
The Safavid Iranian army have unleashed their strenght upon the borders of the Caliphate, currently sieging Mosul, Erbil, Kirkuk and Sulaymaniyah. They have surrounded Erbil and Sulaymaniyah, and have taken positions to cut off those cities from the Caliphate.

21. March 2020. The sword is swung against the Nusayri Syrian Regime in the north.
Notes of pic:
The fourth and latest assault of Mujahideens against the Nusayri Syrian Regime in Aleppo have lead to the final victory in the city. The Caliphate controls now one of Shams biggest cities. The remaining Nusayri Syrian forces is positioned west of Aleppo and is currently being targeted by Our forces from the western districts of the city. While the Caliphate have expanded at its western borders, the front against Safavid Iran have been forced back. The Mujahideen forces in Sulaymaniyah have left the city and fought their way back to Kirkuk.

22. March 2020. The black flag is spread across the Levant and Iraq.
Notes of pic:
The Caliphates population have risen to 15 million. Our eastern front is still held, while neither side seems to have any considerable progress. Most of the fighting is taking place on the Caliphates front against the Safavid Iranian forces. Heavy fighting have occured east of Mosul, as Mujahideen forces holds positions east of the city. The Demir Dagh Oil Fields just south of Erbil was abandoned and the highest priorities of the Mujahideen is to hold the city instead.

25. March 2020. They have offered their souls to the Caliphate.
Notes of pic:
57 666 Martyrs have died fighting for the birth of the Caliphate so far. Our enemies have lost far more souls in the battle against Our Caliphate. The forces of Yemen have also joined the battle on the Safavid Iraqi side, but there is no matter what flag or nation that fight Us, there is only one Islamic State. Their heavy losses should make them see the light and the truth.

27. March 2020. The black flag have risen in Aleppo, and and so it will rise in Idlib.
Notes of pic:
A small but effective force of Mujahideens are conducting an operation to liberate Idlib and spread the black flag among it's streets. Currently the Nusayri Syrian garrisons prove to be a good match, but Our Jihad will result in victory.

27. March 2020. Engineers joins the Caliphate, adding the amount of tools under the black flag.
Notes of pic:
Since the declaration of the Islamic State, engineers and researchers have joined the Caliphate. Some have started repairing and building infrastructure, others are researching new weapons to use in Our Jihad. The rightous will use all their efforts for the final victory.
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

Does the other nations have even bigger tresury then?

If you get stuck with Iran, just release the Kurdish lands to halt Iran and consentrate to Syria and Iraq, you can allways take the lands back after you are more powerful.

And can you share your mod? Id like to try that one too.

Also this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzCU29y2-U
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

Mariohana wrote:Does the other nations have even bigger tresury then?

If you get stuck with Iran, just release the Kurdish lands to halt Iran and consentrate to Syria and Iraq, you can allways take the lands back after you are more powerful.

Yes, other nations have bigger treasury. China got like -10000 something (not red), so the game cant handle the amount of numbers and money they have.

Just wait and see what will happen with Iran, there are plans in motion, things that have already happened etc.

"And can you share your mod? Id like to try that one too." If you mean the Islamic State, then I could just upload the savefiles. If you mean the resources, then I could also upload those files (which would have to be extracted etc I suppose).

Hehe, that song only misses some English subtitles... But I guess I could find the text somewhere and get some more inspiration 8)
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

Jack16 wrote:

Yes, other nations have bigger treasury. China got like -10000 something (not red), so the game cant handle the amount of numbers and money they have.

Just wait and see what will happen with Iran, there are plans in motion, things that have already happened etc.

"And can you share your mod? Id like to try that one too." If you mean the Islamic State, then I could just upload the savefiles. If you mean the resources, then I could also upload those files (which would have to be extracted etc I suppose).

Hehe, that song only misses some English subtitles... But I guess I could find the text somewhere and get some more inspiration 8)

You could load the savefile if you don't mind but what does the resources files do? Does countries declare war more easily when they have more resources? ID like to see some other wars too around the world, some smaller ones. I think AI afraids to declare wars to eachother because the gamer mechanics automatically condems it from every country there is and AI is constant fear of the world INVASION :D
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

Mariohana wrote:
Jack16 wrote:

You could load the savefile if you don't mind but what does the resources files do? Does countries declare war more easily when they have more resources? ID like to see some other wars too around the world, some smaller ones. I think AI afraids to declare wars to eachother because the gamer mechanics automatically condems it from every country there is and AI is constant fear of the world INVASION :D
Well. The resource change does atleast give every nation in the world a chance to fight more or less forever. It could also potentially increase the AI will to decleare war because of huge amount of military goods, but I dont know the game mechanics etc. Which again increases the player challenge. But I can come back with all of that in another thread at the modding discussions. I might just upload some of those files next week.
Mariohana
Sergeant

Post by Mariohana »

Jack16 wrote: Well. The resource change does atleast give every nation in the world a chance to fight more or less forever. It could also potentially increase the AI will to decleare war because of huge amount of military goods, but I dont know the game mechanics etc. Which again increases the player challenge. But I can come back with all of that in another thread at the modding discussions. I might just upload some of those files next week.
Okay you do that. But can you share the savegame NOW :roll:
Id like to try the IS campaign, my CW scenario wont as i planned because i keep leaning to Blue sphere even if a support all the red sphere countries and do the opposite to Blue ones :(

Anyways i decided to make a battle footage video to your AAR thread in Arma 3. Il post it here little bit later :D

EDIT: Here it is lol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZg_4bYAUjQ
Jack16
Captain

Post by Jack16 »

Mariohana wrote:
Jack16 wrote: Well. The resource change does atleast give every nation in the world a chance to fight more or less forever. It could also potentially increase the AI will to decleare war because of huge amount of military goods, but I dont know the game mechanics etc. Which again increases the player challenge. But I can come back with all of that in another thread at the modding discussions. I might just upload some of those files next week.
Okay you do that. But can you share the savegame NOW :roll:
Id like to try the IS campaign, my CW scenario wont as i planned because i keep leaning to Blue sphere even if a support all the red sphere countries and do the opposite to Blue ones :(

Anyways i decided to make a battle footage video to your AAR thread in Arma 3. Il post it here little bit later :D

EDIT: Here it is lol :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZg_4bYAUjQ
The video was actually quite cool!

Return to “After Action Reports”