So, I did it again.

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

So, I did it again.

Post by GIJoe597 »

I played as China until 2026, early on allied with Russia. Russia took Mongolia and is hammering away at Europe. China took all of mainland Asia/SE Asia/India/Philippines. At war with Japan, but other than Japan harassing mainland China with air, no significant contact.

Finally there are no more countries to the west that we are at war with. The only remaining powers east that we are at war with are Indonesia and the aforementioned Japan. China starts a slow push down the Indonesian chain. I decide to take a break and let some much needed infrastructure and units complete.

I scroll around the map, notice the U.S.A. has liberated Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. They are at peace, but, they are $9,000,000 in DEBT and going deeper daily.

I release the Chinese Ministers, save game, reload as U.S.A., with the goal of saving the economy, getting them back on track to a modern military force and eventually liberating China and Russia.

As soon as I left China, it went on a rampage. It now owns everything up to and including Turkey and the Persian Gulf. They have pushed deep into Saudi Arabia, taken Riyadh and are knocking at the gates to the smaller countries there. Saudi still stands with a new capital at Jiddah, but it is only a matter of time.

4,000,000,000 in population, highest tech nation on Earth unstoppable so far.

The Dilemma:
With Russia pushing Western Europe, China ravaging the rest, in your opinion, would it be feasible for the remaining free nations to rally under one banner and fight a united front? To be clear, what I am asking, do you think the U.S.A. would be justified in liberating all of the Americas and as much of Africa as she can in order to have the resources and manpower to combat the duo of Russia/China?

Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: So, I did it again.

Post by Ruges »

You could only justify a war with the america's as them being a threat to your nation becouse of the drug trafficing.
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: So, I did it again.

Post by GIJoe597 »

Ruges wrote:You could only justify a war with the america's as them being a threat to your nation becouse of the drug trafficing.

I am not sure I agree about the only justification would be drugs.

I am looking at it from a game mechanic perspective. There is no way the AI could send troops overseas and fight an effective war the way a human can. And in the face of world domination by two "evil" war mongers the rest of the free world should unite to support the cause. If the game engine allowed it, I would "release" them once the global war was over.

This is more or less just roleplaying for me. I read an AAR once on HOI and England had fell, all of Europe, Scandinavia and Africa was in Axis hands. The only bastion of liberty left with any HOPE of stopping the Axis horde was Australia, (in that timeline the U.S.A. was still in the Great Depression and very much isolationist). In that AAR, all remaining "allied" forces were placed under Aussie command and New Zealand and Java, a couple other small nations joined/formed an "Austrasia" empire to combat the Japanese. The writer was proficient enough to mod it in via events and the storyline was believable.

That is essentially what I am looking to do here, but the only way to do it for me is to conquer those other free regions, especially before China breaks into Africa. I think they can be held at the Suez, even with my out of date forces. Unfortunately, due to the U.S.A. AI before I took over none of the African or S. American countries have ANY diplo status with me. So I cannot get treaties to allow me to deploy my troops there.

Think along the lines of the original storyline for 2020 in which the U.S.A. considers invading Canada for its resources....

Bottom line, only conquering them and bringing them into the fold because there are no other game mechanic ways of doing this. :(
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”