Air support - continuous bombing

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

pzkpfw
Sergeant

Air support - continuous bombing

Post by pzkpfw »

I'm using Taiwan, I have a couple of B25J (strategic bombers) that are able to bomb Chinese facilities without taking damage. The problem is that I have to click every single time on bomb facility to carry out one mission and it means that to destroy completely an enemy city or an industrial complex I have to give hundreds of clicks just to destroy a complex. Is there a solution to order to a group of bombers to attack continuously an hex?
SGTscuba
General

Re: Air support - continuous bombing

Post by SGTscuba »

you may be able to change the order to make it continuous although this will mean they will keep going and trying to bomb it even after the facility was destroyed i think.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
pzkpfw
Sergeant

Post by pzkpfw »

SGTscuba wrote:you may be able to change the order to make it continuous although this will mean they will keep going and trying to bomb it even after the facility was destroyed i think.
Yes it isn't a problem if they are going to bomb for a while an empty hex, but I can't find the options to order a continuous air bombing..
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

you might be able to go into the orders.csv file, and modify the order command so that bombing a hex will be continuous rather then once only.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
pzkpfw
Sergeant

Post by pzkpfw »

SGTscuba wrote:you might be able to go into the orders.csv file, and modify the order command so that bombing a hex will be continuous rather then once only.
I'm trying to find the right command but there are hundreds of options.. I'm quite sure that it's possible change it but I can't find the right mix of rows and columns..
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

SGTscuba, that's one great advice over there!

Just so everybody knows, I tried your suggestions and to make it simple:

Inside the orders.csv file, find the order BOMB HEX (you could use MS Excel to help you with the layout) and, start counting spaces STARTING just after the name of the order (in this case BOMB HEX) and count, whether blank or filled with 1s, until you reach the 71st space. There, change the blank space for a 1 and there you go.

Next time you use the command BOMB HEX, the bombers will go, break hell loose over the hex, go back for resupply and voila! come again
for more!

edit: They will come back they will not fire again. That's the bad part. Perhaps anyone can enlighten us?

Regards,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Moved by member request.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

raybaudi wrote: Dec 31 2015 SGTscuba, that's one great advice over there!

Just so everybody knows, I tried your suggestions and to make it simple:

Inside the orders.csv file, find the order BOMB HEX (you could use MS Excel to help you with the layout) and, start counting spaces STARTING just after the name of the order (in this case BOMB HEX) and count, whether blank or filled with 1s, until you reach the 71st space. There, change the blank space for a 1 and there you go.

Next time you use the command BOMB HEX, the bombers will go, break hell loose over the hex, go back for resupply and voila! come again
for more!

edit: They will come back they will not fire again. That's the bad part. Perhaps anyone can enlighten us?

Regards,
I had test it and ..same problem...when bombers comeback on target (the2nd, the 3rd and so on...) if they have direct attack it's ok, if indirect attack they dont' bomb facility.
Con forza ed ardimento
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

Note: This also seems to occur with missile units using saturation type missiles. Unsure if it's the same mechanic.

For example, if I load a SCUD launcher with SCUDS (saturation type) and target an enemy unit, the SCUD launcher will fire three or so missiles, then stop.
Then I have to manually retarget the SCUD.
Regardless of whether the unit is destroyed or not.
However If I load the SCUD launcher with direct attack anti-ship missiles, it will auto-target and auto-fire at nearby units as expected.

This makes saturation missiles very micro-intensive to use for little gain.

Unsure if this is the same, related, or unrelated issue

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”