MP strategic bombers

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

MP strategic bombers

Post by YoMomma »

Issue: Strategic bombers dissapearing in multiplayer mode.

Old issue since release, but still an issue in my opinion. Especially since alot of players mentioning playing alone in this mode.
Gameplay 1st
afultz
Corporal

Re: MP strategic bombers

Post by afultz »

HOW DID YOU EVEN FIND A GAME??
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I got elite access :P
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone know if this is still an issue?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
afultz
Corporal

Post by afultz »

No I mean how did you even find/host a game I seriously want to know
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Balthagor wrote:Anyone know if this is still an issue?
You mean anyone else besides me? Im running the beta and no strategic bombers at all in MP. As soon you switch region they dissapear.
Gameplay 1st
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

afultz wrote:HOW DID YOU EVEN FIND A GAME??
Look up, Supreme Ruler Multiplayer Group. I also here that the last patch brought steam multiplayer integration
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I actually found a fix for this, altho it still means US and Russia are without Strategic bombers.

What will happen US and Russia are sending units to their strategic pool, are greyed out, and you cant find them in deployed or reserve tab.

What you can do is access the strategic pool, pull all those units out of the pool and now they are deployed. Now you can send them to Netherlands, they will need it as dumping station of all the WW2 units. Conquer Russia and US and you fixed this issue :evil:
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Still issue with nuclear units being stuck in the strategic pool. I want to fight US in full strength not Strategic bombers, MLRS and SUBS being gone because of an error which is getting ignored to this day, 4 years after release. And if those units were usefull in strategic pool, that would be 1 thing, but as Russia you can nuke US without retalitation, unlike in SR2020, same other way arround. Kind of stupid to keep ignoring this issue dont you agree? I know im the only 1 reporting this, but that doesnt make it less stupid. Apparently people are fine with abusing and exploiting the AI.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I did ask for someone to confirm this, no one backed you up on the issue. That doesn't help it's priority in our list, particularly when you're rude about it. It doesn't even have a ticket number yet.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

It's so easy to test, but if you dont wanna fix the game, then theres nothing i can do. Let the whole world nuke eachother under the name of BG i guess.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not only is our intention to keep improving the game, we have done so repeatedly.

I have tested this and while you judge they are "stuck", I've found (as you mentioned above) that this is the AI moving the units into its strategic pool. This is intentional, it's working as designed. This will only happen for AI regions. It only adds things to the pool if it has made the decision to build up for a strategic launch. I tested this from Cold War as the US.

Since no one else has added to this thread, our conclusion is that this is a very low priority for the community. I did however start a ticket for us to consider if the AI is building up the strategic pool earlier than needed for it's attack plans (platforms before missiles are ready?) - 21933.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

They are stuck since there will never be a strategic pool attack from the AI. Basicly what you are admitting is that you guys didnt test a nuclear attack for years. There are several issues attached to this, fixing this would basicly be more worth then a dlc. I can't help it if others dont see this issue or understand the consuquences. Im trying my best to explain in my foreign English. If you call this working as designed, your saying we are doing our best to give players as much of an advantage on the AI as possible.
Gameplay 1st
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Jun 13 2018They are stuck since there will never be a strategic pool attack from the AI.
That is not the bug you reported 4 years ago, you're changing your story. I'll start a ticket for that issue and we'll see what we find - 21934

And you're English is quite good, you use passive-aggressive all over the place. Just because you judge this is a big issue, doesn't mean your right. The attention this thread has gotten from the community would indicate you're misjudging it's impact.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well apparently my passive aggresive tone was needed to give this a ticket. I just cant believe it, this feature of AI using strategic pool is pretty new? I remember 4 years ago magicly strategic bombers spawned north of US or Russia and nuked the country with everything they had. If US had 1 strategic bomber or 150. Yes strategic bombers would sit in what now looks like the strategic pool, but im pretty sure subs and MRLS were still able to fight for US.
Dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind if this feature actually worked with right number of platform vs missiles. Especially because you can expand it to more then just US vs Russia.
Im not changing my story, you guys are changing the game, and i see new things not working.

Im not playing CW, but modern campaigns. So i dont know if strategic pool attack works on CW.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Issues and Support”