Salutations

Whether you are new to the forums or a long time contributor take a moment and introduce yourself. What games do you play? What versions of Supreme Ruler have you played? Welcome to our forums!

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Bundeswehr Bob
Corporal
Human: Yes

Salutations

Post by Bundeswehr Bob »

Hey folks, Bundeswehr Bob here. Kinda been lurking a bit here and there on the forums. Mostly in pursuit of information on how to play the complex Supreme Ruler series. I was initially introduced to the game by a colleague of mine (Commissar Roach, don't think he's around here though), and have enjoyed my time in the series immensely. Still climbing the learning curve, but enjoying it nonetheless.

Among my handful of ventures I'm involved in, I'm also a full-time YouTuber. I focus mostly on historical gaming, with most of that being strategy games with shooters sprinkled in there as well.

I recently interviewed Christian Latour (Balthagor) about the game series and the company, hoping that I can spread the word about the series to a few more corners of the internet. The series is great, and I'd very much like to see more people come to it from other strategy titles.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Salutations

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hiya Bob, welcome to the forums.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Gman
Warrant Officer

Post by Gman »

Welcome. I have found this page immensely useful in learning the game. Although it seems like a steep learning curve, having knowledge of other strategy games helps out a lot. Wish you luck, bob
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Bob do you really have to have that silly picture on top of half of the screen during your videos? :O The one I watched was the interview and I couldn't see half the screen because of that pic :<
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

With people trying to earn money on Youtube it is all about branding and advertisment!
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Bundeswehr Bob
Corporal

Post by Bundeswehr Bob »

Kristijonas wrote:Bob do you really have to have that silly picture on top of half of the screen during your videos? :O The one I watched was the interview and I couldn't see half the screen because of that pic :<
What pic are you referring to, me in the suit? Cause that's an interview with Chris, and not really a gameplay video. The Great War is playing in the background, but really just there to give the interview a little more eye-candy while you listen.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Having an overlay does not bother me but then again I tend to just use youtube as a source of podcasts for when I work.
Also the content in background is naturally just filler so it does not overshadow the real star which is naturally the dog ^_^

Also welcome to the forum and it was an interesting interview even if mr. Latour cannot count ^_-.
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Hi Bob.

Just read your AAR and love it after one entry. Can't wait to read the next installment.

The SR series is the best in grand strategy in my opinion. I own 19 or so games on steam but never get a chance to play them. I'll download something that's on sale and after it loads I will look through the tutorial and end up saying, "Nah, I'll just play ultimate as Marco Rubio in "make America great". Have fun but be careful. It's WAY addictive!!!

Return to “Introductions”