Which 5 units to take over the world?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jakers
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Which 5 units to take over the world?

Post by jakers »

If you enabled cheats, allunit, onedaybuild and so on and could build any unit you want in any numbers you want, which 5 units would you build to take over the world and why?

The only 3 I'm sure of are the m2020 tank, the MiG 51 and the An 225. I forgot if you can air transport M2020 tanks, so I usually build some recon or infantry mech units with the parachute symbol to use with the An 225.

As for the naval part, I don't know almost anything about boats and subs, so I stay away from that.

Also, let's make this more interesting, other than the 5 units with cheats, what 5 units would you chose without cheats and research? So only things that are instantly available like Stryker, BMP 3, M113, Abrams, T90,etc. If playing as a small country, you can also buy designs from other countries.
number47
General

Re: Which 5 units to take over the world?

Post by number47 »

Su-34 fighter bomber (not the multi Su-34) (unless US researches F-15K)
Leopard 2A6 or ZTZ-98G for tank
Light infantry for infantry (ultra cheap, 19 days build time...ideal for close combat unit spam)
S-400 for strategical AA or SA-13 for battalion AA

*Engineers for supply (I tend to build supply depots in combination with air base (=100% supply) to deal with supply issues)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

What about navies and air transport? I hate when I conquer Turkey for example and have northern Cyprus remaining...

Also, not the topic, but while I mentioned Cyprus, can you beat an enemy just by destroying his infrastructure? I bombed every facility and city in northern Cyprus, there was nothing but the land itself, but nothing happened, however I was in the capital victory mode I think, so who knows..
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Rarely do I use air transport but when I do I use it only to drop special forces in town and I use a plane that can fit around 8 of those units because more is an overkill.

As for the navy, I generally use only subs for warfare and merchant marine for transport...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

Me and number47 are the only ones that play the game? C'mon guys, don't be shy :)
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

thread necrooo
coldwar scenario, used these to take over the world :D
combat engineer infantry
whiskey submarine
m1 240mm artillary
is-2m tank
a1 skyraider tactical bomber

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”