SR-GW - Defeated Nation's Technologies & Unit Designs

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

geminif4ucorsair
General

SR-GW - Defeated Nation's Technologies & Unit Designs

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Some may remember that I advocated a percentage of current and future Technologies and Unit Design's be giving to the victor.

This issue is reinforced by my recent SR-Great War game, in which France defeated Germany in April 1915 - the month Berlin fell to French army.
[Am playing France.]

Thus, in one early feld swoop, every German technology and unit design of the future is eliminated from the game.....

Therefore, I again advocate for an Update that includes a solution to this.

Previously had advocated that 50% of all future Unit Designs should become available on their historical dates to the victor; technologies should also become available, linked with pre-requisites of course.

Thanks for considering. :-)
SGTscuba
General

Re: SR-GW - Defeated Nation's Technologies & Unit Designs

Post by SGTscuba »

geminif4ucorsair wrote: Mar 13 2018 Some may remember that I advocated a percentage of current and future Technologies and Unit Design's be giving to the victor.

This issue is reinforced by my recent SR-Great War game, in which France defeated Germany in April 1915 - the month Berlin fell to French army.
[Am playing France.]

Thus, in one early feld swoop, every German technology and unit design of the future is eliminated from the game.....

Therefore, I again advocate for an Update that includes a solution to this.

Previously had advocated that 50% of all future Unit Designs should become available on their historical dates to the victor; technologies should also become available, linked with pre-requisites of course.

Thanks for considering. :-)
I'm just going to +1 this.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by YoMomma »

Well +4 for me since i wouldnt know why only SRGW.

btw i think its easier to implement 100% turnover instead of 50% knowing this game.

This topic is not an issue tho, France wouldnt keep territory forever so to claim German designs would be deleted from the game forever, the kinda sounds like a personal issue, and i would hate this feature to be player only.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by evildari »

i guess i have opposed opinion:
if a country is defeated, then all their funding to that new <xxx> unit or tech stops, the victor can use the resources that is gained by holding those "foreign" assets to fund its own programs though.
Or think it on the rather personal level.. ie enemy researchers/design documents killed/destroyed during war, or not willing to share.
And if researchers agrees to work, then its still the program of the victor.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”