Adding german unit techs to austria-hungary

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Blunznsepp
Corporal

Adding german unit techs to austria-hungary

Post by Blunznsepp »

Hi, im totally new to modding-
After some "Research" i was able to figure out that the file that Needs a Change is the SR1914.CVP file.
I guess in order to add german Units to Austria-hungary i Need to add 1401 to Austria Hungary?

I'm not able to try it out at the Moment so i just wanted to ask is thats all i Need to do in order to enjoy my austrian hungarian empire the way i want it to be

Code: Select all

&&REGIONTECHS		1187, 1401

Is the way it Looks like in my .cvp file after the changes i made.
What do the numbers below &&Regiontechs mean? are they other regiontechs which are already included into austria hungary?
Buzzbrad
General
Human: Yes

Re: Adding german unit techs to austria-hungary

Post by Buzzbrad »

Regiontechs is the known techs for that region at the start of the game. I recommend checking out our gamepedia as it has good info on modding.

https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Regional_Data
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

In order to enable Austria-Hungary to build German units you need to modify the DEAFULT.UNIT file. The German region is 'G', and the Austrian-Hungary region is 'TW'. These values can be found in the SR1914.CVP file under each region as its 'worldavail' value. Each line in the DEFAULT.UNIT file represents a unit and in the thirteenth comma separated value you will see which regions can build the unit. German only units will have a singular 'G' in that field, changing this to 'GTW' will enable Austria-Hungary to build these units as well. Once all the changes have been made to the units you would like you will need to re-cache before you will see the changes in-game.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Why should be Austria-Hungary able to build german units at all?
Please teach AI everything!
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

Zuikaku wrote: May 25 2018 Why should be Austria-Hungary able to build german units at all?
By default they cannot, which is what Blunznsepp would like to change by editing the game files.
Blunznsepp
Corporal

Post by Blunznsepp »

Thanks everyone :) will try that!

and @Zuikaku - well.. why not? :D

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”