World Events

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Terran1969
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

World Events

Post by Terran1969 »

Hi all so iv just down loaded Great War i mostly play the 2020 version of Supreme Ruler thje question i want to ask s this if i played from 1914 to 2020 and beyond i dought i will make it that many years but just say i did dose the game in follow historical events eg India will leave the British Empire in 1947 Burma in 36 is it if it dose follow such events do you think BattleGoat might do a scenario where the world dose not follow the real world script so to say like an alternate reality based on the free events happening randomly.

I put this hear because i was asking 2 questions effectively so i guess it could have goner into modding but its just a general query not a mod request.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: World Events

Post by YoMomma »

I dont have SRGW but in 1936, the 1936 events are there. In CW, the CW events are there. In 2020 the 2020 events are there, well only 1 rly thats casus belli build up between India and Pakistan.

The thing is, if you play 1936, the war will basicly never ends, atleast in the way you would expect in releasing annexed regions or in case of USSR colonising. It would be very hard and take alot of effort to put all those scripts in. Altho in honesty i think Germany usually 'win' the war, with UK spending all their money on useless planes and US sitting on their own theatre, prolly annexing Mexico and Cuba as usual. Thats how i imagine it atleast 9 out of 10 games.

In my opinion its far easier to focus on the future since that will give you far more freedom in what can happen, this game is rly not suited for simulating WW2 in an exact way. If you want to learn what happened in that period this game is not for you. Thats my conclusion atleast.
Gameplay 1st
Terran1969
Warrant Officer

Post by Terran1969 »

Yea i know how events are surposed to evolve in both i just wondered i guess it would be cool if you could have a GW , WW2 CW senario where there are no set events a bit like 2020 its random also it would be cool if you could have the shatterd world map under the empires map if you know what im getting at so when you beat Russia for the 5th time you can break it into its smaller states for example but thats maybe for mod requests.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Well then this game is for you. Because of the way casus belli is handled you get the most random things happen, basicly breaking most of the events devs put in with alot of effort.

Another thing you can do is delete 1 row in scenario file, named events, recache and you have without events.
Gameplay 1st
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

Hello Terran1969,

If I am understanding your question correctly, we have multiple sandboxes and scenarios that do not follow any sort of historical context. Because the events are scripted, there isn't any sort of genuine "randomness" that occurs. If you are looking for a scenario or sandbox without any events happening, then you could theoretically remove the events within the game files themselves or search for a mod that does this for you. The relationships between countries are set up through the events system, there are no inherent values that establish relationships so this would prove difficult to manage in a situation with 0 events.
" 'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

DuSean wrote: Jun 12 2018 ...The relationships between countries are set up through the events system, there are no inherent values that establish relationships so this would prove difficult to manage in a situation with 0 events.
you can remove / comment out that event&relationships file - the game will setup relationsships (i guess) randomly and is able to run.
At least it worked that way in my marsx1 mod, that has no event or relationship file.

Code: Select all

#ifset 0x04
&&SAV
savfile "MARSX1"
&&END

#endifset

// #include "MARSX1REL.csv"  not really needed (unless for flavor alliances&feuds)
#include "LocalText-MARSX1Regions.csv", "SCENARIO\", Y
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Terran1969
Warrant Officer

Post by Terran1969 »

Ok well at ther moment im playing 1914 Brinkmanship its currently 1926 ww1 started when it was supposed to end and i was expecting as UK to lose Ireland around 1922 so im hoping the fact i still have that meens that this is just a random sandbox game with no set events although the was 1 event and that was the Russian Empire became Soviet Russia

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”