Targeting specific buildings?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chivalry
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Targeting specific buildings?

Post by Chivalry »

This is still an issue. Feels bad to have hundreds of cruise missile which just hits facilities but i cannot make them attack to facilities because there are couple of land units in that hex.

Sorry for the bump.
DuSean
Sergeant

Post by DuSean »

Hello Chivalry,

Although specific building/facility targeting doesn't exist it would be fair to assume that in a militaristic setting the enemy wouldn't let you destroy their buildings without a fight if they are in that hex. :)
" 'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Even unprotected facilities, you would guess, if i fired hundreds of tomahawaks you would destroy a power petrol facility dont you think? I mean it takes alot of effort, especially since they dont auto fire anymore after giving the executing order, like in SR2020.
Gameplay 1st
Chivalry
Lieutenant

Post by Chivalry »

DuSean wrote: Jun 12 2018 Hello Chivalry,

Although specific building/facility targeting doesn't exist it would be fair to assume that in a militaristic setting the enemy wouldn't let you destroy their buildings without a fight if they are in that hex. :)
Hello. Thank you for your reply.

1) I think that targeting specific building/facility should be an option. It adds more strategy to the game. Imagine, you have loads of missiles and you want to cripple enemies energy production. You would destroy some of their power plants and see your enemies industry crippled. You cannot do this in the game because if that powerplant is in a city you have no choice but to destroy entire city just to destroy a power plant. This is unrealistic. I should be able to launch couple of missile to only destroy the building without actually having to massacre the entire population.

2) In what kind of militaristic setting the enemy infantry/tanks or artillery going to stop missile from hitting building? Are they going to shoot the missiles with their bullets? That's highly unrealistic. If you have anti-air units like s-400 or patriot then it is ofcourse fine as these units can shot down missiles. But just because you have some infantry unit in that hex shouldn't make your buildings invincible to the enemy missiles.

To my opinion, not being able to target specific building, or any building at all if even 1 enemy unit is in the hex kills the purpose of missile gameplay.

Look what USA did to Syria recently. They bombed couple of chemical building with their Tomahawks and they didn't had to destroy entire cities just to do that. I want to do the same in the game but i cannot.
YaYo7
Lieutenant

Post by YaYo7 »

Balthagor wrote: Jan 06 2012 noted, I'll see what I can figure out for the next update.
On this issue there are solutions in SRU?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes, devs fxing the issue. Units put up a fight if they have the stats for it. This is just a bug/issue. Dont understand why people argue to be different.

Return to “Issues & Support”