Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.76)

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate - Version Changelog (Update 9.1.76)

Post by Uriens »

Something is off with US states in Shattered World scenario. Their GDPc grows very high (to almost 100k) right from the start of the scenario and, of course, causes a very high inflation. I'm at the year 4 ATM and there is NO activity i usually see in that are by that time. Only some states build research centers (good thing btw.) but nothing else. No new factories, no war declarations, no activity. Like they are playing on passive or something. Probably because of that GDPc growth going wild and spinning economy (and costs) so high.
Florida, for example has 88k GDP/c and has built nothing in 4 years. On my previous game, by that time, they had 10 land factories, now 0.

Didn't notice that problem for the rest of the world though.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I am assuming this is your doing? The AI carrier sailed around and the planes were also not left behind, they stayed on it for weeks.

People will have a nasty surprise when AI tactical bombers start to hit them in the middle of the ocean!
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by way2co0l »

Yesss! I hope so!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Uriens wrote: Aug 06 2018 Something is off with US states in Shattered World scenario. Their GDPc grows very high (to almost 100k) right from the start of the scenario and, of course, causes a very high inflation. I'm at the year 4 ATM and there is NO activity i usually see in that are by that time. Only some states build research centers (good thing btw.) but nothing else. No new factories, no war declarations, no activity. Like they are playing on passive or something. Probably because of that GDPc growth going wild and spinning economy (and costs) so high.
Florida, for example has 88k GDP/c and has built nothing in 4 years. On my previous game, by that time, they had 10 land factories, now 0.

Didn't notice that problem for the rest of the world though.
most of the former U states are to small to sustain for themselves under computer control - a better "shattered world" is the division of the US in the 4 factions as seen in those new Trump scenarios.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Yeah, I may swich to Trump 2017 although i was planning on making a mod that focuses on 'reunification' of separated countries in first few years and then going free-for-all afterwards. If i really want to do that i kindda need to figure out how to fix that economy in US. Most of the regions there seem to suffer from hyper inflation.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Uriens wrote: Aug 05 2018 Well, AI definitely builds research centers now. I can confirm that. Too early to tell if it's 'too aggressive', though.
Just thought to mention, in 2 games so far AI really does build research centers however i noticed another thing - AI seems to have stopped building land and air factories. Over 4-5 years in each game i have yet to see AI build a single land factory. Not sure if research center production is causing it or if it's a separate issue. Before last patch AI was much more prone to building it's military production.
AI does seem to build economy facilities though. I've seen agri and ore facitilies in construction.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Is AI at war? Maybe they are burning military goods in combat so they can not afford to build new land/sea/air factories?
Please teach AI everything!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I don't know about the changes to land/air fab production, but with the AI building more buildings in particular, but especially research facilities, that's going to result in hyper inflation pretty easily. Research is already one of the largest drivers of inflation in game, and the AI has never been good at controlling their hyper inflation in the first place so that would only magnify the problem. Combine with the smaller economies of these individual states, these impacts would be even more pronounced.

I'd honestly like to see some of the scaling for unemployment and thus inflation toned back a little bit. I don't want the AI to stop building, but I do wish it would have less of an impact on how quickly inflation occurred. Even before these changes, I felt it was a little too easy to get inflation high and really hard to keep it at any reasonable level. I understand that inflation in game is actually kind of a good thing primarily due to the fact that it's one universal currency so exchange rates don't come into effect and inflation really doesn't matter. It's your overall GDP and world ranking that really matters, but still. There are a lot of players that like to play like I do, trying to manage a slower game with a more or less realistic effort to grow the economy in a managed way. It was already difficult to do before, and I believe the changes have made it even more so.

I want to reiterate that I'm not complaining about the changes. The changes are good and definitely moving more in the right direction. I'd just like to see the effect on unemployment and inflation adjusted so that you can do a little more while still managing your economy at a reasonable level. It's hard for a human, and the AI simply doesn't know how so it will always suffer from this hyperinflation, so toning the effect of it down won't give the player some major advantage or change how the game is played. Just make it less easy to grow massive GDPs with pretty much no effort. Right now it's almost automatic and you don't really even have to do anything to accomplish it beyond funding what you already have. That's backwards in my view. You should have to spend a lot in order to grow your GDP the way it currently grows. Some balancing would be a very good thing IMHO.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Zuikaku wrote: Aug 11 2018 Is AI at war? Maybe they are burning military goods in combat so they can not afford to build new land/sea/air factories?
Some nations are at war, some not. I was looking at developement on all continents. US regions for example don't go to war in first several years but some nations usually develop some land production. In my last game before patch Florida had about 10 land productions (starts with 0) after 3 years of game. After new patch its still 0 even after 4 years.

I even tried to increase money, industry and military goods for all nations (across the globe) but the problem persists.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

None of the regions build anything??
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

They build research centers and economy buildings, i have yet to see any new land or air facility.
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I am not seeing any unit production facilities made in my current 1936 game either. But my games are always weird. :P
Last edited by Leafgreen on Aug 11 2018, edited 1 time in total.
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Maybe there is some trigger or conditions AI have to meet before it builds unit fabrications. Plese tell me it's not bug again |O
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

In my game (Trump 2018) Egypt is building land fabrication in a war against Israel, infact actually in a existent military complex, so i would wait with judging this, unless it's an event.

You would think that Israel repairs the 2 roads connecting Africa tho. Both 1 bar of health left [_]O
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

OK, that is comforting. Maybe AI builds more in 1936 or GW sandboxes.

Return to “General Discussion - SRUltimate”