Vanishing population in national core?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Ionian_Sun
Corporal
Human: Yes

Vanishing population in national core?

Post by Ionian_Sun »

Hi there,

I would like to ask how the population mechanics work during a conquest. Soon after i annexed a country. I then released it, according to its national cores and I kept a small piece which was my national core. During the conquest I saw that my country suffered about 16.000 casualties. Before the war my country´s population was roughly at 8,5 million, and after the war, although land was added, it was at 7,4. So, somewhere, in the process I lost 1.1 million people! This amount equals roughly the population that was added through immigration during the years that have transpired before the annexation. I also tried the colonisation method but it was exactly the same.

Thank you.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Vanishing population in national core?

Post by Kristijonas »

Did battles occur in these territories that suffered population loss? Were there lots of city exchanges? Whenever there are fires shot, civilians die, especially if battles happen in big cities. That'd explain the loss of human life. I think there might also be more emigrants during a war.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

There are several reports about population issues when releasing, would be nice this is given a note atleast. The population doesnt really bother me, but loosing half your army personel because of a bug, thats more annoying to me.
Gameplay 1st
Ionian_Sun
Corporal

Post by Ionian_Sun »

Thank you so much for your replies.

The battles happened exclusively on enemy territory. I went ahead and replayed it to see what happened exactly.
So, It´s Greece against Bulgaria. Bulgaria has a territory of 4 diffirent loyalties, Bulgarian, Greek, Rumanian and Macedonian and at the start of the war it had 5,2 million population. the war lasted 3 weeks and they had 113.000 casualties. Greece had 8,5 million population and 21.000 casualties.
After the annexation and release, Greece kept a part of Bulgaria and has a population of 7,4 million, Macedonia has 34.000, the Rumanian part that was given to Rumania had 447.000 and the rest that became Bulgaria had after the release 5.6 million! Both countries had a total of 13.778.869 population before the war and a 13.611.761 after the war and release of the various territories.

I kept a check on the emmigration and nothing changed. My suspicion is, that immigrants are kept apart and are redistributed evenly on your territory. So when the annexation happened, it seems, the accumulated immigrants of Greece got applied on all the conquered territory. For me it´s a big turn off, since I enjoy watching the population grow and the effects it has. But it is true that losing half of your personel is also annoying too.

Thank you again.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”