Why is it taking so long to research?

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Semper Fi
Corporal

Why is it taking so long to research?

Post by Semper Fi »

I'm playing as Missouri and the scenario has just started. I have maxed out my research budget and am researching 4 projects (I start the scenario with one research facility). The project that will be done the fastest will only take another 12 years to complete. :o How can I speed that up? I have started to build a second research facility, but that is still 60 days until it comes on line. Is there anything else that can be done to speed up the research without waiting for more research facilities to be built. If feasible, I'm also wanting to keep all 4 projects running as well. How many research facilities should I build?
red
General

Post by red »

Your spending with one research center is insignificant. You can raise your maximum budget by continuing to build research centers.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

and with help from engineer units ur centers can be done faster. I think in 20 days. The speed in which the engineers build is i think 3 times faster. (that is if ur using 7 on one building).
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

red wrote: You can raise your maximum budget by continuing to build research centers.
Well in fact that's true ... but don't build TO MUCH centres...

http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5758

Cheers
Semper Fi
Corporal

Post by Semper Fi »

Thanks for the replies everybody!!! Didn't know about the engineer units speeding things up, I think I've got a few of those in reserves. Hope they didn't make any weekend plans, cause I'm about to call them to active duty.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Yes building too many centers actually hurt ur research. In low GDP and popualtion regions i use the math 2 million people for one research center. Haven't figured out how many i need for high GDP and population regions yet. Maybe its the same math.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”