Explicit test on research system

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC, just after update 4. But I know it was after the last time any research code was touched so that could even be update 3 (no changes to research in update 4)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

No changes in update 5 as far as I can tell. And to note its possible to finish the tech tree with the US in world war 3 within 5 years or less. I know because in one year I finished 5 tech years and the techs that came with those tech years in one year. Had eff go to nearly 300%. I rolling out techs then every few days. And yes this time around it was with help. (cheats). had to do something with me paying over 30B into research and this was in the first year of the game.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

This is my first time playing the wwIII scenario.
As israel ive managed roughly 4 to 5 techs levels per year,without the techs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

each tech level does take progressively more money to achieve...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

yes alot more money. Don't know the % but it takes longer with each tech level. I quit the world war 3 as the US. :lol: everyone hates me. Ruined my researching test. But expected DoW on me at sometime since I had the highest build cap.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yes, the difficulty of each nex tech level does go up, but hopefully your region is growing also which means you can throw more money at the research budget.
Its only been about 2 years, but ive managed to keep research effeciency at cicra 220% so far.
Ive gone from 103 ( i think) to 113 in those 2 year yrs.
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: 1 and a half years to finish the entire tech tech. I researched everything I could. Was playing as the US again in WW3. 50B into research with 250 centers. And yes I cheated but just on day one and when i needed a new tech year. Didn't care because this time around I wanted to see how fast I could complete the tree. Held back the world by scrapping bases. Then built 2k B2's with autodeploy on sold them then went to work from there. :lol: I can say now one test is complete. Now I got nothing to test. Oh well.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well, as usual color me impressed with your research skills.

Although i must confess, i still dont see how it works.I always seem to hit a sort of cap nowdays in my research effectiveness before even 60 centers.
In the old versions, that cap didnt exist and i could do miraculous things with research.
But i havent gotten the hang of it yet since the patchs corrected the orbit breaking ecomony issues.
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well building 250 centers at once caused major shortages in I/G's. As for a cap I never saw one this time around but I have in other test. Maybe it was because my GDP went up after I got 50T in my treasury and therefore my research spending went up with my GDP. The least days I seen with a tech was 15 days and there were several of them. I seen my eff go up to nearly 400% before all the centers were built after they were I seen it drop to around 230%. As I said this test is done for me. I could have I believe finished the tree in a year or less with even more centers built but I'm done with research testing. If someone else like to beat my record feel free. :D I warn u though it will get nerve racking if u don't learn research out and out first.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I know this is a really old thread, but I figure it might catch some interest with the fact I mentioned I was working on this area.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I "think" what alot of people want the most is more transparency.

So that those "invisible" caps dont shift our spending choices without our consent .
And so we can see exactly where the money we spend is going.

-------

I personally would like to see some kind of variance in time required for results, not based on flucuations of the stats the mechanics use to determine the results.

Like a percentage chance something could be achieved based on a sliding percentage of the funds and time spent, with a max of 90 (or so percent).

This way research could go longer than expected (and cost more), or a "breakthru" could speed it up a little achieving it sooner and cheaper than expected.
Chuckle TM

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”